Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone suffering from digestive issues? page 7

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by tinacristina View Post
    OMG!! I went the bathroom and it's miracle but I pooped just now after 3 hours of taking the above. I don't know if it was the chia seeds, Ester C or Mag but I took my first doses this morning and without a laxative, or enema or senna tea or anything my body did it's thing and it was a big doozy too!! I got to brag..lol

Shoot I can't tell you how grateful I am but this blows my mind that your suggestions really helped me. I have struggled with chronic constipation all my life and nothing has worked so naturally as this and so fast without all the laxative hard core stuff too. So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

The combination (without uni-fiber) worked...I will still take the Uni Fiber when I get it in the mail too. I am sure it will be good for me but all I care about is sharing my news and maybe it will also help someone else who has to deal with awful chronic constipation...I'm so freaking happy...

One thing that did happen was as I was pushing, my belly got really tight and hurt but that passed as soon I went. Like I said I had a "big one"...I was over due too and might of been why...worth the tight pressure to get it out...awww, I feel better though, my belly is even flatter, and again, thank you! I can take a deep breath and it feels so dang good.

I hope this continues because if it does....I will be normal and go like most of the world, like I should. Might even help me lose weight a little easier too...maybe!
    I went poop again yesterday and another biggy..not some plop but a long log...ok sorry to be graphic but this is a miracle snd i promise would check in...still no unifiber in mail but this is progress and i love it...ty Ron for your suggestions..

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Well I thought I check in again. Been a week yesterday and so I manage to go #2 twice last week (Monday and Thursday) but Sunday I was struggling with bloated stomach and constipation again so i broke down and had Smooth tea and went a little bit yesterday but it was small plops....Unifiber is suppose to come in this week. I hope that will help.

My ultrasound results came back and the Dr called me. He said I don't have gallstones BUT the tube from the gallbladder is thicker than normal and he suggest we get some other opinions. So I am expecting a call from the GI Dr this week as to what to do next and general surgeon too.... so I guess we will see. I can't stress about this...perhaps it has to do with my reasons for constipation, bloatingness, weight struggle..IDK! Just like to get it all straighten out...but I am still eating good and sticking to this Paleo way. Also going with the ESter C, magnesium and Chia seeds as recommended by Ron on this post...I know this all takes time..anyways, that is my update.
    Last edited by tinacristina; 06-25-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    I'll follow tinacristina's lead and check in.

The last three days have gone pretty well. I'm eating the same things as before, but meals are smaller. I take a probiotic, fermented cod liver oil-butter blend and vitamin D at breakfast, NOW superenzyme at lunch, and drink dilute apple cider vinegar before dinner. I'm inconsistent with glutamine and magnesium glycinate but I take those at bedtime. At the recommendation of my naturopath, I'm taking Microbial Maintenance and oil of oregano.

It will be easy to add ginger, and in a few weeks, I'll be back to spicy foods (currently on elimination diet, and working to add foods back in). I'll also look into R-lipoic acid.

So, i'm not following the protocol, but I can see the parallels.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Tina, increase the Vitamin C and Magnesium Citrate for the time being. Increase the C by a thousand and the citrate by 200-300mg. Drink plenty of water as well. Also order Bile Acid Factors by Jarrow, and follow the supplement instructions to see if we can eliminate the gallbladder problems.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

secret agent girl is offline Senior Member
    What's the Cayenne Pepper Protocol, or did I miss it?

kyle2006 is offline Member
    Has anyone that's posted on here gone forward with the SIBO treatment protocol yet? I'm convinced that I have SIBO, which is very unfortunate as it looks to be extremely difficult to eradicate, but at the same time I feel better finally knowing what I have. I've been told for the past year that I have GERD, and I just never believed it. It really pisses me off that both my GI dr and a naturopath never even suggested that my constant burping and bloating after eating could be SIBO. Luckily, I was only on PPIs for a couple of weeks before I didn't feel well and researched how bad PPIs are for your health.

I've cleaned up my diet immensely (mostly grass fed beef, chicken, fish, bacon, lots of eggs, pistachios, almonds, coconut oil, avocados, olive oil, spinach, romaine, kale, collard greens, chard, edamame beans, ginger, and the occasional white or sweet potato). Everyone teases me and tells me that I eat like a bird now because I'm always eating salads at lunch with chicken or hard boiled eggs in them as well as a bunch of other vegetables, and I've always been a skinny guy at 5'11" and 160 lbs. Even eating hardly any processed junk, I haven't seen any benefits really. I am so jealous when I see people stuffing their face with sandwiches, ice cream, pasta, etc. This SIBO, if I do have it, is really destroying my outlook on life as everything now revolves around food. At least if I were seeing benefits I wouldn't mind, but the only benefit I have is knowing that I'm eating healthier food. I think my SIBO has gotten worse this year as I now have burning in my legs when walking that is relieved when sitting down, which I'm attributing to the bacteria stealing all of my nutrients, especially magnesium. I've played sports my whole life and I've always been in shape and healthy up until the past year, so to know that when I now walk and my legs burn really bothers me.

I've researched SIBO diligently for the past week and there are many treatments for it, some of which are more successful than others. I'd like to avoid antibiotics, as although they are very effective, it seems as if SIBO is almost guaranteed to return after antibiotic treatment. It appears as though the only way to get better is to do a combination of antibiotic/anti-microbial plus a biofilm disruptor like Lactoferrin or Interfase Plus while being on an extremely strict GAPS/SCD for months.

I have my SIBO breath test in a month, so I have to suffer with this anxiety and burping/bloating/leg pain until then. I'm not sure if I should start any herbal treatments like peppermint oil and Interfase Plus yet without knowing for sure that I have SIBO as I'm afraid to do any damage. Has anyone had any results treating SIBO? I would seriously appreciate any input. Ron Swanson (I believe his real name is John) has been very helpful in providing me with details on how to treat this. I'm just interested to hear if anyone else has successfully treated SIBO.
    Last edited by kyle2006; 06-26-2013 at 04:05 PM.

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    I have digestive issues. Always have. Is it SIBO, nightshade intolerance or an autoimmune condition? I don't know.

I've had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, hpylori test. All negative.

I have always been sluggish, constipation prone, tired, with low immunity. Gassy, belching, extremely tender to touch stomach. Aching muscles, weak.

I was on PPIs for almost 2 years.

I've been paleo for year and half and while it had made me feel much better in so many ways, I still have the gas, bloating and constipation. More recently a pain in my right side. (Not appendix, I got it checked out).

I just wrote a couple of questions on here about nightshades, GAPS, auto immune diet. Now I'm thinking SIBO could be a possibility. So, do I suffer stomach issues? YES! So does most of my family. Auto immune problems, gall bladder problems, chrons and IBS.

I wasn't breastfed so possible lack of good gut bacteria?

I'm not sure if I should start an elimination diet. And if so which one? Auto immune diet restricts nightshades but FODMAPS does not. Should I eat fruit our not? Should I avoid fermented foods like saurkraut (more gas) or introduce them into my diet? So confused!
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    You could always starve the bacteria to death using a semi-elemental or elemental diet. Look here: SIBO- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth - Welcome
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

merehart is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can we discuss transit time? Though I have been having BMs regularly (1-2x daily) for the last two weeks, I had previously been suffering from constipation (only for a month or two). However, tonight I saw some undigested food in my stool. The problem is, the food that was in my stool tonight was eaten exactly one week ago. I know, because it's not something I eat usually. How is it I am going so regularly but I am a week behind in clearing out?

As a note, I had been taking Hcl, but stopped a few weeks ago because even one pill caused excessive burning for hours afterward. Should I think about digestive enzymes instead?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast