Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone suffering from digestive issues? page 2

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Diarrhea

Diarrhea is a medical condition where a patient has three or more loose bowel movements a day. The main medical issues that can develop when a patient has diarrhea are electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, and malabsorption of nutrients. About thirty percent of patients with IBS-D have bile acid malabsorption so supplementing with an ox bile supplement and following the gallbladder protocol might be beneficial for the patient.

Basic IBS Protocol for Diarrhea

400 mg Magnesium Glycinate – Before Bed
    Enzymedica Digestive Enzyme Gold – 1 – 2 Capsules with Every Meal
    Bulletproof or Primal Diet
    6,000 - 8,000 Mg L-Glutamine - Daily

Average Probiotic Protocol

N-Acetylglucosamine - Follow Supplement Bottle Instructions
    Activated Charcoal – Follow Supplement Bottle Instructions

If the diarrhea doesn’t stop in a week:

Rainforest Pharmacy Sangre De Drago – Follow Supplement Instructions

If Bile Acid Absorption Problem Exists In Patient:

Jarrow Formulas Bile Acid Factors Supplement – Follow Instructions

<Curcumin can be used also as long as it doesn’t cause bowel upset and diarrhea.
    The activated charcoal is used to bulk up the stools and to limit diarrhea.
    The Sange De Drago has been clinically proven to help stop diarrhea.
    This protocol should be taken for at least 3 months and then tentatively afterwards if symptoms return.>
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Duodenal ulcer.... after starting PB I really aggravated a long time ulcer causing me pain nearly every day, which is aggravated by a lot of food allergies, eliminating most of those has helped me quite a lot. (Had a fluoroscopy which showed lots of scarring, displasia and a raw ulcer. I have tried things like ACV, Slippery Elm, DGL, Bone broth, and am taking a generic Nexium now every day. Wanted to try to heal and get off it but it isn't happening right now as it only just controls my symptoms. Many years ago I had strong symptoms and eventually got the Helicobater Pylori protocol and was great until I started PB. I have had the breath test and it was ok.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Digestive problems?
    Answer!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

www.fixyourgut.com

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Your bio confuses me. How have you been a practicing naturopath for five years without a degree? The ones I know have education approximating this Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine | Bastyr University

A doctor of naturopathic medicine is different that a naturopath. A ND can practice as a doctor in certain states and also prescribe medicine. I have no college degree yet, I am currently getting a Bachelors in Biology. I eventually want to go to PA school if I can. I naturopath in N.C. is someone who consults people in ways of nutrition.

www.fixyourgut.com

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your PM's hopefully some of your suggestions will help. Interesting re Naturopathic Drs, I didn't know that, but apparently mine is an ND RAc, 4 years, plus 3 years Masters in Chinese medicine, and does prescribe my thyroid meds.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

becks83 is offline Member
    I posted in the other forum about this....but I've been suffering from normal to sluggish movements during the week and then having something like diarrhea at the weekend. It leaves me feeling nauseous and sluggish and gives me massive cravings for all sorts of food, plus low mood, for a few days until it evens out. I've suffered IBS for years but it used to be -C, now it's more like -D (the primal diet helped to sort the -C out).
    I currently take magnesium chelate at night, a probiotic supplement. I've been drinking kombucha and water kefir a couple of times a day too. Any ideas what might cause the extremes and the nausea/cravings? Thanks

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

IBS symptoms are constipation, diarrhea, alternation of both constipation and diarrhea, rosacea, bloating, gas, and abdominal pain. The main causes of IBS are either SIBO, yeast overgrowth, mass consumption of GMO’s, stress,or hypothyroid/adrenal fatigue. Since IBS is practically leaky gut syndrome combined with SIBO, it can easily manifest itself as different diseases. Celiac disease, fructose and lactose intolerance, inflammatory bowel diseases and bile acid malabsorption (follow gallbladder protocol if this is one of the symptoms) can all develop from IBS.

There is some evidence that IBS can be caused by diagnosed as a yet unknown bacterial, protozoan or parasite infection. I would also suggest getting a comprehensive stool analysis and parasite test from your doctor if you have IBS. I would also suggest getting an allergy test, SIBO test, and gallbladder function test to rule out these other causes or symptoms of IBS.
    If you follow my protocols for SIBO and yeast it should help most patients with a reduction of their IBS symptoms. But I will give some basic protocols here for stress reduction, as well as a basic IBS protocols.

<Rosacea has been linked to both SIBO and IBS as a symptom in some scientific studies>

Herbal IBS Treatment

Iberogast – Follow Supplement Instructions
    Life Extension Bio Curcumin – Follow Instructions on Bottle
    George’s Always Active Aloe Vera – Follow Instructions on Bottle

If Patient Is Constipated:

Chia Seeds – Follow Recommended Instructions
    Uni-Fiber – Follow Recommended Instructions
    Cayenne Pepper Protocol
    Stay Hydrated
    Rarely: Gaia Natural Laxative Tea: Follow Recommended Instructions

If Patient Has Diarrhea:

Uni-Fiber – Follow Recommended Instructions

<Iberogast can also be used to help with IBS. It is a collection of herbs that can help with IBS. I believe that it is the peppermint oil, licorice and milk thistle which help the most in the tincture. The peppermint oil kills opportunistic bacteria, the licorice is an anti inflammatory and the milk thistle cleans the liver. If you decide to supplement with it follow the bottle instructions.
    Aloe vera can soothe and protect the stomach and digestive tract.
    Bio-Curcumin is used for bowel regularity.
    The Laxative Tea has senna which is known as a stimulate laxative.
    The activated charcoal is used to bulk up the stools and to limit diarrhea.>

Stress / Adrenal Health Protocol

These protocols will help reduce stress and adrenal fatigue in the body. This can be one of the causes of IBS because stress can cause the colon to spasm frequently. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and try to be in bed before 10 p.m.

Male

2,000 mg Ester C – 2x A Day
    1 Thorne Research B complex #5 – Daily
    Glass of Warm Water and 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt in it Upon Waking

Choose One of The Three Herbs:

Life Extension Ashwagandha Extract (Or Any Other Ashwagandha that is the Sensoril Extract) Follow Bottle Instructions
    Gaia Herbs Holy Basil – Follow Bottle Instructions – Must take with a meal can lower blood sugar!
    Rhodiola Extract – Follow Bottle Instructions

<The Vitamin C and B5 are to increase adrenal function and hormones.
    The Magnesium Glycinate is to relax the body at night.
    The herbs are to lower cortisol and to increase adrenal function.
    The salt water is to regulate aldosterone levels upon waking to help the adrenal glands.>

Female

2,000 mg Ester C – 2x A Day
    1 Thorne Research B complex #5 – Daily
    Glass of Warm Water and 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt in it Upon Waking
    Source Naturals Relora Complex – Follow Bottle Instructions

<In females the magnolia bark in Relora is generally recommended as the herb to use. This is because there are specific studies that say it can promote the regulation of adrenal hormones in women. If a woman is allergic to Relora she can use any of the herbs recommended for men.>

Constipation

Constipation causes multiple problems in the body and can manifest itself in different ways. Constipation can cause toxins to build up in the body from a lack of transit time in the body. The body tends to reabsorb toxins from slow moving waste in the colon. Slow moving waste also ferments longer and causes a greater growth of good and bad bacteria, as well as producing more gas which can cause heartburn by causing slow gastric emptying and pressure and bloating in the abdomen.

The main causes of constipation are lack of magnesium, dehydration, lack of vegetable and fruit fiber, prescription drugs that cause constipation (opiates are a prime example), hypothyroid and adrenal fatigue, and lack of exercise.

General Constipation Protocol

600 mg Magnesium Citrate - Daily
    Stay Hydrated - Drink Clean Water - But 1/4 tsp of good quality sea salt or real salt in a glass of water once a day.
    Walk for at least 30 minutes a Day
    Drink 1 tsp. of Chia Seeds soaked in water for at least 30 minutes for the fiber.
    Uni-Fiber – One Tablespoon up to 3 times daily
    Eat two bananas daily.
    Follow Stress and Adrenal Protocol
    3,000 mg of Ester C - Daily
    Use a Squatty Potty when you defecate to retrain your body to squat when you use the toilet.

< Magnesium and Vitamin C are osmotic laxatives make sure you drink water so you don't become dehydrated>

Basic IBS Protocol for Constipation

600 mg Magnesium Citrate – 300 mg Twice a Day during Meals.
    Enzymedica Digestive Enzyme Gold – 1 to 2 Capsules with Every Meal
    6,000 – 8,000 Mg L-Glutamine – Daily

Life Extension Bio Curcumin – Follow Instructions on Bottle

N-Acetylglucosamine – Follow Supplement Bottle
    Drink 1 tsp. of Chia Seeds soaked in water for at least 30 minutes for the fiber.

Taken for 1 Month Only:

Nature’s Way Enteric Coated Peppermint Oil: 30 min – 1 hour before meals, 2x a day

PERFERRED: Interfase Plus - Follow Instructions Should be taken on Empty Stomach
    OR
    1,200 mg Jarrow NAC Sustain: Take 600 mg Twice a Day on Empty Stomach
    Jarrow Formulas Lactoferrin: Follow Supplement Instructions (I would suggest starting at around 125 mg, if not a strong herx reaction may happen)

<This protocol combines the SIBO protocol with the Constipation protocol to effectively help constipation and the symptoms of IBS, This protocol should be taken for at least 3 months and then tentatively afterwards if symptoms return.>

Diarrhea

Diarrhea is a medical condition where a patient has three or more loose bowel movements a day. The main medical issues that can develop when a patient has diarrhea are electrolyte imbalance, dehydration, and malabsorption of nutrients. About thirty percent of patients with IBS-D have bile acid malabsorption so supplementing with an ox bile supplement and following the gallbladder protocol might be beneficial for the patient.

Basic IBS Protocol for Diarrhea

Enzymedica Digestive Enzyme Gold – 1 – 2 Capsules with Every Meal
    6,000 - 8,000 Mg L-Glutamine - Daily

N-Acetylglucosamine - Follow Supplement Bottle Instructions

Taken for 1 Month Only:

Nature’s Way Enteric Coated Peppermint Oil: 30 min – 1 hour before meals, 2x a day

PERFERRED: Interfase Plus - Follow Instructions Should be taken on Empty Stomach
    OR
    1,200 mg Jarrow NAC Sustain: Take 600 mg Twice a Day on Empty Stomach
    Jarrow Formulas Lactoferrin: Follow Supplement Instructions (I would suggest starting at around 125 mg, if not a strong herx reaction may happen)

If the diarrhea doesn’t stop in a week:

If Bile Acid Absorption Problem Exists In Patient:

Jarrow Formulas Bile Acid Factors Supplement – Follow Instructions
    Consider Gallbladder Protocol

<Curcumin can be used also as long as it doesn’t cause bowel upset and diarrhea.
    The activated charcoal is used to bulk up the stools and to limit diarrhea.
    This protocol should be taken for at least 3 months and then tentatively afterwards if symptoms return.>

www.fixyourgut.com

Try the Sangre De Drago. It might be SIBO related because of too many probiotics turning into opportunistic bacteria causing leaky gut. Any gas and bloating?

www.fixyourgut.com

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast