Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Anyone suffering from digestive issues? page 15

craven20 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Ron, I'm not sure if mine is a digestive issue because I am regular but I have suffered with very low mood, anxiety and the skin complaint seborrheic dermatitis (face and scalp) which is often linked to candida. I have eaten a mostly weston price style diet for some time albeit with fairly high carbs from (soaked) brown rice and oats (because I felt I needed these for energy during exercise). I have taken high vitamin CLO and butter oil as per the wapf recommendations for some time with no improvement in my mood or in the flakiness of my skin. I have recently started washing my face with dead sea salt and bathing in it, and then came across your post all about magnesium which made me wonder whether I should just buy a bunch of magnesium flakes and wash/bathe/make magnesium oil out of those while supplementing magnesium glycinate? I also have my finger on the trigger to buy a whole house water filter (for chlorine etc), natures answer vitamin d3, now optizinc, thorne b complex 12, now foods inositol (for anxiety) potassium (to balance my levels) and dha500 (to balance my o3-6 ratio). As you can probably tell I am no expert (!) but I am determined to get better and I am incredibly grateful for any advice you might be able to give.

Chris

Ontario is offline Junior Member
    I have a question......I started PB back in April. Before I stared PB I ate breads and wheat-based items with few problems. After I got over the carb flu with PB I realized that I no longer had the mucousy throat and nose I always had. I chalked it up to wheat and haven't really had much wheat since. HOWEVER........since starting PB I can NOT eat wheat now. I simply can't. I get cramps, diarrhea, I feel absolutely lousy.

Any advice? It sort of concerns me in case I am in a situation (like the wedding we are going to in a month where the entire first course is PASTA - ugh!) wherein I might "have" to eat wheat to be "nice" and polite etc.

Why has going PB screwed up my ability to consume wheat without problems?

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Same thing here. Once I cut it out I could not consume it without cramping and diarrhea. I think while you are eating it, your body adjusts and deals with it but once you give it up and give your body a rest, it rebels if you try to reintroduce. That said I can have 1/4 c. pasta, 1/4 slice bread at restaurant etc here and there and it doesn't affect me but a whole serving of something - no way so I just realize my body it telling me something and just don't eat it and the further into this I get the less i even have that bite of something here and there. I am also scared of it progressing to celiac disease and that is enough to make me say no. I don't know if there is a connection but just in case.

At the wedding you might tell them ahead of time of your gluten intolerance - I'm sure these days they have alternatives as so many people seem to have the issue.

craven20 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craven20 View Post
    Hi Ron, I'm not sure if mine is a digestive issue because I am regular but I have suffered with very low mood, anxiety and the skin complaint seborrheic dermatitis (face and scalp) which is often linked to candida. I have eaten a mostly weston price style diet for some time albeit with fairly high carbs from (soaked) brown rice and oats (because I felt I needed these for energy during exercise). I have taken high vitamin CLO and butter oil as per the wapf recommendations for some time with no improvement in my mood or in the flakiness of my skin. I have recently started washing my face with dead sea salt and bathing in it, and then came across your post all about magnesium which made me wonder whether I should just buy a bunch of magnesium flakes and wash/bathe/make magnesium oil out of those while supplementing magnesium glycinate? I also have my finger on the trigger to buy a whole house water filter (for chlorine etc), natures answer vitamin d3, now optizinc, thorne b complex 12, now foods inositol (for anxiety) potassium (to balance my levels) and dha500 (to balance my o3-6 ratio). As you can probably tell I am no expert (!) but I am determined to get better and I am incredibly grateful for any advice you might be able to give.

Chris
    I have just found your protocol for healing the gut (l glutamine, NAC, magnesium glycinate, with average probiotic regimen). I thought that I would add that I get skin constantly peeling on my inner lips, a white coating and fissures on my tongue and a saliva test showed strings hanging down (this may or may not be candida, I am no expert), as well as persistant white flakes on my scalp nose and forehead. I am always in a depressed/anxious state and I just can't break a constant feeling of lethargy/brain fog. I am crossing everything that I can get relief from one of your protocols! Thanks...Chris
    Last edited by craven20; 08-28-2013 at 04:00 AM.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
    I have a question......I started PB back in April. Before I stared PB I ate breads and wheat-based items with few problems. After I got over the carb flu with PB I realized that I no longer had the mucousy throat and nose I always had. I chalked it up to wheat and haven't really had much wheat since. HOWEVER........since starting PB I can NOT eat wheat now. I simply can't. I get cramps, diarrhea, I feel absolutely lousy.

Any advice? It sort of concerns me in case I am in a situation (like the wedding we are going to in a month where the entire first course is PASTA - ugh!) wherein I might "have" to eat wheat to be "nice" and polite etc.

Why has going PB screwed up my ability to consume wheat without problems?
    Do you get a lot of cramps and gas with only wheat or does other foods set it off? Pm me.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snoops View Post
    Same thing here. Once I cut it out I could not consume it without cramping and diarrhea. I think while you are eating it, your body adjusts and deals with it but once you give it up and give your body a rest, it rebels if you try to reintroduce. That said I can have 1/4 c. pasta, 1/4 slice bread at restaurant etc here and there and it doesn't affect me but a whole serving of something - no way so I just realize my body it telling me something and just don't eat it and the further into this I get the less i even have that bite of something here and there. I am also scared of it progressing to celiac disease and that is enough to make me say no. I don't know if there is a connection but just in case.

At the wedding you might tell them ahead of time of your gluten intolerance - I'm sure these days they have alternatives as so many people seem to have the issue.
    A DPPIV digestive enzyme like Glutenease from Enzymedica "may" deal with some of the digestive problems from eating gluten for some people. It might help if you are sensitive briefly, or "shield" from an iffy meal if you have celiac, but it will not make eating wheat safe for people with celiac.
    My book Fix Your Gut is available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Your-Gut-D...s=fix+your+gut. The book price is $7.99.

I also offer coaching: http://fixyourgut.com/fixyourgut-coaching/.

www.fixyourgut.com
    Twitter: @fixyourgutjb

Andrais234 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Ron, I need your help. I recently switched primal a week ago. After switching and eating high fats/moderate protein/low carb I noticed a burning feeling in my chest, trouble taking deep breaths, sour tastes in mouth and dizziness/lack of energy most of the time. Could you please help me find the answer to this and to cure it? I'd like to stay on this diet.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Ron. I've been lurking here for a few days. This may be a simple answer for you, but it has me stumped. I have always had a very delicate digestion, like any stomach bug that went around, and I would be laid low. I never get gassy and more often than not am diarrheic less than I am constipated. I bloat up at the drop of a hat though. I am self diagnosed wheat intolerant (I get an even more chaotic version of the above). I am 23, female, not too overweight, but I have a good probably 20 pounds I could lose (I'm 5'7").

I get to suffer through the above for a couple weeks every few months, but I've never found any one trigger. The most recent has been going on for nine days now. I have started into a sort of SCD style of eating (someone is going to jump on me for not following the diet to the letter, well I am having issues now, not five weeks later when the book arrives, sorry), and had some relief, but the best seems to be when I fast. Sadly, I can't fast for nine+ days. I saw my doctor this morning to get his opinion, and after minor poking and very few questions, I was prescribed PPIs. I have never had heartburn in my life. Never. I have been stereodiagnosed by doctors before and wound us seriously worse for the wear, so I have no real desire to take medication on so quick and impersonal a diagnosis.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415