Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna cheat on Sunday..... page 2

dabears is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I had a small piece of cake today (as it is my birthday!) from the co-workers

Been feeling pretty sick to my stomach ever since, funny how I don't notice anything when I eat gluten but something in highly processed foods really makes me feel it. Considering the ingredient list could have passed for a small novel, unsure of what that is

I limit "cheating" to times (like today) where I don't have an option.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm willing to bet you'll feel terrible enough after eating that junk that you won't do it again for a long time. Self-reinforcing 80/20 rule. Don't get too addled by those that get their knickers in a knot about the word "cheat." They've been conditioned by Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig to ascribe a huge significance to it, but that's not how I read your post.
    It's his daughter's birthday cake...give him a break.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Make yourself a low carb cheesecake or check out some low carb or keto cook blogs and they have some great recipes, you will feel like you are cheating when you are not. I feel horrible if I go back on carbs so I try and keep that in mind but I'm just nicely back on track after 2 weeks of a carbfest (or was it 3?) Do your best and Happy Fathers Day.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    It's his daughter's birthday cake...give him a break.
    He's eliminated gluten and his joint pain has gone away. Chances are he will react worse than ever to the cake. This isn't bean mean on RichMahogany's part. It's a real possibility that he may be in pain for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Make yourself a low carb cheesecake or check out some low carb or keto cook blogs and they have some great recipes, you will feel like you are cheating when you are not. I feel horrible if I go back on carbs so I try and keep that in mind but I'm just nicely back on track after 2 weeks of a carbfest (or was it 3?) Do your best and Happy Fathers Day.
    I recommend bringing a gluten-free cake. Then it's not even cheating, just an indulgence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12