Thread: Duck page

goinggrok is offline Senior Member

Duck

Primal Fuel

So I have two frozen ducks in my freezer....what do I do with them now?!?!

Thanks

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I think just plain roast duck is lovely. Definitely save the fat - it's relatively high in PUFA compared to coconut oil etc, but absolutely delicious for cooking veggies in etc.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    defrost one, poke holes in its skin with a skewer or other sharp poking thing, pour a kettle boiling water over its skin and let it drain. sprinkle it generously with 5 spice. Place the duck into a 170 Celcius oven for about two hours. Keep an eye on it, and baste it occasionally. Then turn the oven up to 200 Celcius for about 15-20 minutes. This will make the skin go crispy.

serve it with plum sauce :Take six large plums, and chop them . Remove and discard the stones, and throw the plums into a saucepan. Five Spice, pinch salt, half a teaspoon of chilli powder, 2 tbs honey and a little splash of water. Bring to the boil, and then simmer on a low heat for 30-45 minutes

chop spring onion and cucumber, peel some whole leaves off a lettuce(instead of lettuce you can use a pancake something like this Gluten-free, Grain-free Flatbread | the 3volution of j3nn & the art of voluntary living )

when duck is cooked shred it (including the skin) with 2 forks
    put shredded duck in a lettuce leaf (or pancake), add plum sauce ,onion and cucumber and roll up -yum yum
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Primal-V is offline Member
    Defrost, take the legs off. Roast the legless ducks and eat (meal 1)

Google a recipe for confit duck legs and do this to the legs (it's not difficult but I can't remember the details- it's basically duck, salt, herbs and cooking slowly in duck fat or lard).

The confit duck can be stored in its cooking fat in the fridge for months (if you can resist) to serve, just remove legs from fat, heat in oven till skin is crispy (15-20 mins) and serve with wilted greens, or veg of your choice. Oh my GOD confit duck is sooooo delicious *drools*

Can I come over for a duck dinner??