Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you start losing weight? page

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member

Where did you start losing weight?

Shop Now
    It's the old chiche - we want to lose fat, and we want to lose it around the thighs and midsection (and chest, if we're men...f*cking moobs). But there's fat like everywhere and we never lose it where we think we want to.

So where'd you end up losing first? For me it appears to have been my face, followed by my back (SO had to fill me in on that, never thought to look behind me in a mirror before) and right across my hips. The latter was rather surprising; lost fat in the pubic bone region and now my hips are beginning to poke out a bit. This is kind of hilarious because I still have a ways to go on the stomach region and thighs.

I got a new CAC the other week and you can see a significant difference in my face composition.

What about you?

M.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Mid-section, but I had the most to lose there (I'd been losing fat for a while pre-paleo). The grain-bloat went in a few days, and then the low-carb peeing started...

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Upper body, fat & muscle both. It's like I have a line along my rib cage, below which the losses are not happening till I am placed in the real no food available situation.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Face and hips/upper thighs. My pants started getting loose there but stayed same in waist for a while! I carry a lot of fat in my back and mid section so of course wanted those to go first. Now close to a year later with lots of heavy lifting those areas are coming around too.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I've had two relapses of obesity II, so losing three times- every time has been different and I've ended up a different shape on the low end and the high end. This time the first loss was over the lower ribcage area, very odd.
    In God we trust; all others must bring data. W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I always carry any excess energy stores in the middle. But I'm a dude, so I think that's pretty common.

canio6 Guest
    Definitely the face/neck.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    abdominal, thighs, hips and bum initially and continuing from these areas. some also off my back -bras fastening on first rather than last hooks-cup size identical so none off the boobs
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Love-handles, then butt and thighs, then belly.

I would've been happy with just the love-handles and belly. My butt and thighs went kinda too flat and skinny. Guess I should beef-up on the squats, heh?

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    First face, then upper arms, than lower abs, then upper abs (to my consternation my upper ab fat roll is now bigger than my lower ab fat roll - WTF?). It takes a long time to reach my thighs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast