Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ok what's up??? page 3

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    Whao, starvation?? I am simply stating 1700 calories - 200 for her being on her feet all day is about 1500.. which is very realistic maintenance weight for avg height female at 160. It varies by person of course this is a bit of averaging. If you cut calories to loose weight.. YES it is important not to overcut and starve yourself.. I never said to do that. I said find satiating foods for your caloric needs. If you keep 100 calories below your maintenance or something reasonable your body will be burning fat for that missing energy. That is basics. You can't loose any fat weight.. without.. burning fat.
    I disagree about the 1700 calories being enough for a 160 lb person. Sure, but it will be easier to get yourself to burn fat if your metabolism is working optimally than if it's depressed. Which, in my experience, is not a benefit most slightly overweight women starting paleo/primal have going for them.

I'm suggesting that instead of doing a paleo version of a calorie restricted diet that she allow her metabolic and appetite regulation systems a chance to heal, and see if being patient and providing her body sufficient nutrients for an extended period of time will allow her appetite to meet her needs and convince her body not to insist on hanging onto more stored energy than necessary.

CICO is a 2-sided equation. Makes sense to help get the CO up before trying to force the CI down. Neuroendocrine theory of overweight vs. bomb calorimeter theory and all that. Let's not do this dance again.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    No way 1700 is high. I just think her body needs more time to adjust. Not necessarily 6 months, but it can take a while. Keep giving your body the signal that it's going to get real nutrition on a regular basis now and it will stop fighting to hold on to its energy stores. But it may really be accustomed to being fed nutrient-sparse CW bullshit food and it may take a while before it "believes you." Try to manage stress as well. And take care of your sleep. it's a healing process.
    Are you noticing ANY differences?? Took 6 weeks before I noticed a difference in the fit of my clothes. But the other health benefits were noticeable *immediately*.

Eat for optimal health and nutrition and let weight loss be a result. Once you master this way of eating, you can tweak your foods and macros for more specific results.

Oh and ditch the scale. Attention Scale Addicts, part 2 | Everyday Paleo
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Are you noticing ANY differences?? Took 6 weeks before I noticed a difference in the fit of my clothes. But the other health benefits were noticeable *immediately*.

Eat for optimal health and nutrition and let weight loss be a result. Once you master this way of eating, you can tweak your foods and macros for more specific results.

Oh and ditch the scale. Attention Scale Addicts, part 2 | Everyday Paleo
    Awesome post. I agree completely. I've seen people lose all the blood sugar crash stuff immediately, but not start noticeably dropping weight for a long time. In the meantime, their skin got better, they had more energy, better mood, etc...

Definitely forget the scale. Pick a pair of pants. Try them on every couple weeks and see if they're looser.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123