Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok what's up??? page 2

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eat less calories. Lowering carbs isn't a magic secret. Eating quality food at the right amount is. If you are not cutting weight.. lower your calories. Find what foods work best for you appetite at where you want to be.

You will not likely get to 145 eating 1700 calories unless you are doing moderate training several times a week.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    Eat less calories. Lowering carbs isn't a magic secret. Eating quality food at the right amount is. If you are not cutting weight.. lower your calories. Find what foods work best for you appetite at where you want to be.

You will not likely get to 145 eating 1700 calories unless you are doing moderate training several times a week.
    1700 kCal is practically nothing. If you're not losing weight from 160 lbs on 1700 calories, your metabolism is working way too slow. Encouraging it to slow down further is not the solution. Feeding it nutritious, healthy food in sufficient quantities for a period of time until it gets the message that this is the new normal is a better way to go, IMO.

Primal-V is offline Member
    I agree with the primal tribe above, take measurements over weight, give it a bit more time and give your sleep some attention.

My weight loss fluctuates through the month, with most weight loss happening in the same 2 weeks of my cycle (and holding steady or increasing a little the other 2 weeks) but overall it does go down.

Don't forget, you don't have tons to lose (no matter what you might think) so you probably won't see the overnight 'miracles' that our heaviest tribe-members tend to see at the start.

Good luck with your journey!

PS - I agree with the above; at 1700Kcals I wouldn't suggest going lower, I'd be more inclined to up your fats/calories to see if this helps.
    Last edited by Primal-V; 06-14-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: I wanted to reply to a new reply

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Give it a good 6 months before really assessing things.
    If you are relating this to weight loss ..it just seems like a silly thing to say. If you have to wait 6 months to loose 5-10 lbs you are doing something horribly wrong.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    If you are relating this to weight loss ..it just seems like a silly thing to say. If you have to wait 6 months to loose 5-10 lbs you are doing something horribly wrong.
    I lost a pound per month for two years after the whoosh. Nothing wrong with that. This is for life, there's no hurry!

I started eating primal 2 weeks ago after a year failing miserably with the WW system. Read the book. Kept my carbs between 40-75. Eating clean. I have a job where I stand and move around all day. No sitting. Been really concentrating on no grains. Which has been easier than I thought it would be. I haven't lost anything intwo weeks! I actually gained a pound. Been getting my healthy fats in. My calorie intake is actually around 1700. Sometimes less. Is this normal? I am 41 years/ female/ 5.5/ 167 pounds/ goal is 145. Any advice?
    -Mainemom
    Fats are the bomb, yes. But are you getting enough protein? That was the final plateau-breaker for me.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 06-14-2013 at 08:30 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    1700 kCal is practically nothing. If you're not losing weight from 160 lbs on 1700 calories, your metabolism is working way too slow. Encouraging it to slow down further is not the solution. Feeding it nutritious, healthy food in sufficient quantities for a period of time until it gets the message that this is the new normal is a better way to go, IMO.
    1700 calories is practically nothing for a female? Laughable..

Actually, OP just follow the trend here and you might as well just eat all the fat and food your heart desires. There is no such thing as overeating on FAT.. as long as it is healthy. Just keep the carbs low and nurtient dense food will magically make those fat calories disappear. You can end up like most people on this forum and paleo authors who are still overweight just not obese anymore. Good goal to have.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statikcat View Post
    1700 calories is practically nothing for a female? Laughable..
    For a 105 lb female, it may be more than enough. We're talking about someone who weighs 160 lbs. Nobody's advising her to consciously overeat, but further restricting calories is a positive feedback loop. Starvation-->decreased metabolism-->need for further starvation to lose weight-->further depressed metabolism ad infinitum. I think this is bad advice. I have seen people take some time for the adjustment. But one day, their body seems to wake up to the fact that the new nutrition infusion isn't going away, and a "whoosh" like Knifegill describes happens effortlessly. Your n=1 may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I lost a pound per month for two years after the whoosh. Nothing wrong with that. This is for life, there's no hurry!
    1lb is better than 0lb! However, most people can drop a lot faster than that with proper planning.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    For a 105 lb female, it may be more than enough. We're talking about someone who weighs 160 lbs. Nobody's advising her to consciously overeat, but further restricting calories is a positive feedback loop. Starvation-->decreased metabolism-->need for further starvation to lose weight-->further depressed metabolism ad infinitum. I think this is bad advice. I have seen people take some time for the adjustment. But one day, their body seems to wake up to the fact that the new nutrition infusion isn't going away, and a "whoosh" like Knifegill describes happens effortlessly. Your n=1 may vary.
    Whao, starvation?? I am simply stating 1700 calories - 200 for her being on her feet all day is about 1500.. which is very realistic maintenance calories for avg height female at 160. It varies by person of course this is a bit of averaging. If you cut calories to loose weight.. YES it is important not to overcut and starve yourself.. I never said to do that. I said find satiating foods for your caloric needs. If you keep 100 calories below your maintenance or something reasonable your body will be burning fat for that missing energy. That is basics. You can't loose any fat weight.. without.. burning fat.
    Last edited by statikcat; 06-14-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast