Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intermittent fasting for women page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Many of these studies are simply comparing apples and oranges. People who skip breakfast and then gorge on crap the rest of the day are lumped in with those who eat healthy, whole foods. Or the entire study group was fed a high carb diet. Research is expensive, and sometimes the compromises that have to be made to run the experiment mean that the results cannot be applied to the general public.

Sure, if you feed people in a laboratory situation a controlled diet and have them do controlled exercise, they will have predictable responses. Does this have any real world application? None at all. People don't live that way.

Cathartes is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Huarache Gal View Post
    It seems like the jury is out regarding fasting for women. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of research done. I found this article on it very interesting.

Paleo for Women | Fasting

My opinion is that if it works for you great. If it stops working, change your WOE.
    I was just about to link that piece! Intermittent fasting works well with some people, but messes with others. I see it presented as "magical" sometimes, but it isn't. It's another tool in the toolbox, which may be effective or not, depending on the situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12