Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ?perfect health diet? page 4

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Chapter 16: They recommend 450g of plain starch such as potato, 450g of fruit and "sugary" vegetable like carrots, and 340g of protein. That seems like loads more carbohydrate than PB!

Am I missing something? I'd love to hear from more people who've tried this; the book makes lots of scientific sense to me, it just rubs against what only recently discovered reading the PB.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It's a good book. Mark wrote the forward or preface or something. There's a blog, too. I find the blog to be way too technical for me to enjoy reading it. I imagine the book is similar.
    The book is a much better read than the blog, although I guess what I want from it is the technical 'you should eat this because of that'.

I found the book to be excellent and it's essentially the diet 'bible' i follow.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    Chapter 16: They recommend 450g of plain starch such as potato, 450g of fruit and "sugary" vegetable like carrots, and 340g of protein. That seems like loads more carbohydrate than PB!

Am I missing something? I'd love to hear from more people who've tried this; the book makes lots of scientific sense to me, it just rubs against what only recently discovered reading the PB.
    Those are whole food weights which are mostly water.
    On a 2000 kcal day it shakes out to 50~100g protein and 50~150g carbohydrate.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

Mutton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by picklepete View Post
    Those are whole food weights which are mostly water.
    On a 2000 kcal day it shakes out to 50~100g protein and 50~150g carbohydrate.
    Thanks!

I suppose you're right cause I'm an ectomorph. And you know that ectomorph are often under adrenal stress (maybe they are ectomorph by that, qho can know?), in fact I found that:

Hormonal problems in CFS - a clinical picture - the ectomorph - DoctorMyhill
    I think this is me as well...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234