Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat when you're hungry. page

llyons is offline Junior Member

Eat when you're hungry.

Primal Fuel
    Hello. I have read everywhere to "Eat when you're hungry." Easy enough, except I feel hungry all of the time. Today, I ate for breakfast: Half of a 1 lb pork roast, for lunch: a bell pepper, 8 sausage links and some almonds, for dinner: 2 skewers of beef and red bell pepper shish kabob, 1lb of Brussel sprouts, 1/2 lb of bacon and a handful of almonds. I was stuffed. An hour later I was starving again. Is it possible to eat too much on this diet? because its 11:30 at night and I'm starving. I don't want to eat too much or too late at night and mess it up. Thank you.

Cathartes is offline Member
    well, for context, are you male or female? are you trying to lose/maintain/gain weight? Do you have any health issues that you're dealing with? What kind of diet are you transitioning from?

It's possible to eat too mulch of anything, but that doesn't mean that you are. The fact that you're hungry means that you should eat, particularly if you're new to this way of eating. It also looks like you're really light on starches and carbohydrates. Primal doesn't have to be low-carb. More info on your situation would be helpful, though.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    Also, how far are your meals spaced apart? Do you take your time eating or do you scarf your food down? I find if I eat a bunch of food at one time I get hungry quicker. It sounds like you need to decrease the size of your meals, but eat more frequently.

Oh sorry. I'm female. I'm trying lose weight. Under active thyroid condition but its maintained with meds. I guess I'm coming off a high carb diet because I just ate whatever I wanted.

Greys and Chaos is offline Junior Member
    I find I can eat all day and never feel satisfied at a certain, ahem...time of the month. Might be a factor with how you are feeling. The other three weeks I can skip meals with no issues and lose weight easily. With me there is an obvious pattern They also say "add more fat", it is what makes you feel more full, but again, that makes no difference to me during that one week.
    Meteors are a lie. They don't contain any meat at all

Holly, owned by Bully, Nelson, Cabby, Spot, Streamer and Fiona, my greyhounds. Tolerated by Brodie, the schnauzer.
    I am always on facebook, you can find me there "Bullyn' Nelson"

I'm was kind of a grazer. I'd eat here and there all day. When I sit down to a meal I generally eat slow. I will try the smaller meals thing. And just to get this straight, I can eat carbs with every meal?

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    You can eat carbs if you'd like, but for primal no grains or legumes.

Cathartes is offline Member
    I think that if you're coming from a higher carbohydrate, grazing diet, it makes sense that you'd be hungry, because it's a big change. You can try eating adding more starch (ie sweet potatoes or squash) for a couple days to a week, or eating higher fat for a few days to a week, and see how each of those make you feel--more or less hungry.

It's tough to switch to a new way of eating, and it can make you wonder if you're doing it "right", but keep in mind that you're trying to find what's good for you, and the focus should be on what makes you feel energetic and good and healthy. If you're starving, or exhausted, there's something going on that's not working right for you.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Define "starving". Its very possible that you are misinterpreting some signals.

Sometimes I'll have what feel like hunger pangs, when I swear I was just full 20 minutes ago. Then they go away and I'm full again. It just happened a minute ago. Hunger twinge, then back to full. What happens when you ignore the "starving" feeling for 15 minutes? 30 minutes? What happens if you drink a glass of water?

Don't be afraid of being hungry. You dont *have* to eat the moment you feel hunger. Let it simmer. Practice being hungry. Stretch it out for a few minutes or a hour. THEN eat
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I find that my appetite naturally cycles quite a bit eating this way. I will go a few weeks eating everything i can get my hands on, and then my appetite will just drop and I barely eat for a while.

How long have you been primal?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast