Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eat when you're hungry. page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And what's your height/weight? That sounds like a lot of food, honestly. Do you track calories?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Don't know how long you've been eating this way, but when I started I was very hungry all the time and ate and ate. I think it was some nutritional deficiencies which needed to be rectified.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    There's hunger and hunger as in "real" vs "programmed or signaled by habit". Be careful with that.

llyons is offline Junior Member
    I've only been doing this a week. When I'm hungry after I eat I do drink water first to make sure but that doesn't work. Its real hunger. I'm going to try smaller meals and adding some carbs and see how this goes. Thanks for all of the info.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    yes, it is easy to always feel hungry on this diet or any diet. The trick is to find what satiates you the best. perhaps, it is not the fat, but crabs and proteins. Usually I respond with a long post on the common mechanisms of satiation, but I am out of time. Maybe you can try a search, if interested? I am one of the few using word satiation, lol.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llyons View Post
    Oh sorry. I'm female. I'm trying lose weight. Under active thyroid condition but its maintained with meds. I guess I'm coming off a high carb diet because I just ate whatever I wanted.
    If you have an underactive thyroid condition, you should not do low carb, even if you're on meds. I repeat, do NOT eat low carb if you have an underactive thyroid.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I've only been doing this a week. When I'm hungry after I eat I do drink water first to make sure but that doesn't work. Its real hunger. I'm going to try smaller meals and adding some carbs and see how this goes. Thanks for all of the info.

I recommend BIGGER meals with more fat. And NO snacking.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

llyons is offline Junior Member
    I do have to say that I did lose 6 lbs doing this.

dabears is offline Member
    try fasting for at least 16 hours for a week or two, that will teach you what hunger REALLY feels like.

and eat more vegetables with your meals, they will fill you up without the extra calories, not to mention a ton of other health benefits. My favorite "fillers" are kale, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    ...for dinner: 2 skewers of beef and red bell pepper shish kabob, 1lb of Brussel sprouts, 1/2 lb of bacon and a handful of almonds. I was stuffed. An hour later I was starving again.
    I've only been doing this a week. When I'm hungry after I eat I do drink water first to make sure but that doesn't work. Its real hunger.
    You ate an enormous amount of food in one sitting. You were not "starving" an hour later. Starvation is something that people in a famine situation experience. That was not real hunger you were experiencing. It was probably caused by force of habit, or by overriding your body's signals by stuffing yourself.

Practice using your built-in hunger meter. On a scale of 0-10, where 0 is "haven't eaten in days and may faint at any time" and 10 is "so stuffed I feel nauseated", and 5 is "neither hungry nor full", find the number that best represents your hunger. At 4 you are just barely hungry and it's probably not worth preparing food (or going out hunting). At 5 you may stop, at 6 you should definitely stop. There is no reason to keep eating when you are full. Eat slowly, and slow down and check in frequently. Stop when you are at 5 or 6, before you are full, but definitely before you are stuffed.

Allow yourself to experience your hunger, not desperately try to eradicate it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast