Thread: Dairy and anxiety?! page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

Dairy and anxiety?!

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone heard of this connection before? I just came across several articles talking about how people gave up dairy and their anxiety disappeared!

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes - 2 of my kids are extremely affected by dairy. My son gets super hyper after milk and one of my daughters gets very emotional and will fight with her siblings after milk - very out of character for her to fight with anyone.

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member
    It is a possibility that the body is "panicking" from not be able to digest Casein and Lactose. Try taking a good digestive enzyme before eating something with diary to see if the anxiety is lessened.

nobita is offline Junior Member
    Does milk (or other dairy) give you anxiety?

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I can have a little milk in tea or coffee, but if I have much more than that I definitely get these symptoms - feeling sluggish and generally in a low mood.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One of mine gets totally smoothed out and relaxed on milk. It is what she sometimes grabs when she is all anxiousy before bedtime, and it works every time. No, we are not heavy dairy users at this house - two others are allergic, so our food is always dairy-free, and those of us who tolerate it have to consciously add it in extra.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC