Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got pesky rabbits eating your garden? annoying squirrels? SOLUTION! page 2

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Too much trouble to go through to strip the opossum... just skin it.
    Braising preferred.

They can be quite tasty like any small game.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

PBNewby is offline Senior Member
    I have a copy of JoC from 1973. The page shown above is similar, but mine doesn't have porcupine; bear follows possum. I am not in to killing my own food, at least not at this stage of my life. I wouldn't mind fishing and preparing it, but mammals are tougher for me to handle (hypocritical, I know!)
    Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
    Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
    "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
    "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
    "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Cathartes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PBNewby View Post
    I have a copy of JoC from 1973. The page shown above is similar, but mine doesn't have porcupine; bear follows possum. I am not in to killing my own food, at least not at this stage of my life. I wouldn't mind fishing and preparing it, but mammals are tougher for me to handle (hypocritical, I know!)
    I know what you mean. I fish, and have gotten over being squeamish about gutting them, etc, but I don't hunt, and am not actually planning on opossum-cide. But even my grandparents grew up in a time where they'd visit their relatives in the country for a Sunday dinner, and that meant wringing the neck of an old hen, plucking it, and roasting it up. You'd take care of the bird from the time it was an egg until it was on the table.

Now, my chicken is plastic-wrapped in my grocery store, and I don't even have to think about it as anything other than something I eat.

We live in interesting times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12