Thread: A Poor Man's Cold Plunge page

Benpercent is offline Junior Member

Question A Poor Man's Cold Plunge

Primal Fuel
    I love love love cold water therapy, and in my last apartment tried to take an ice bath at least once a week. It makes me feel great, and I like the tangible health benefits. Unfortunately, however, I haven't been able to do cold water therapy in a month, and need some suggestions figuring out alternatives.

Right now I'm voluntarily living out of my car in order to solve my financial problems, and shower at my gym. Given that I live in Texas and that it's the hot season, it's impossible for me to take a cold shower since the tap is warmed up too much, and there isn't a cold plunge otherwise.

Thus, how can I get in my cold water therapy in this kind of lifestyle, which shall be continuing for a few months more? I've tried looking up cold plunges online, but it seems that not many places will put that in their search engine criteria.

I know of a nearby spa and Russian Banya that offers a cold plunge, but it's $24-25 admission, and I'm not keen on paying for a sauna when I already have one at my gym. The aromatherapy within a sauna of a particular place may be worth it . . . but it's still a bit too pricey when my only desire is to freeze. I'll do it eventually if I have to, but want to avoid it if I can.

I'm also aware that it's possible some other gyms may contain a cold plunge, and it would be worthy to ask around as a daily pass of $10-15 is a palatable price to use a cold plunge for me. I'll have to ask around; it's annoying it's not so easily searchable on a website.

Anything you guys are aware of that I might be missing?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Benpercent View Post
    I love love love cold water therapy, and in my last apartment tried to take an ice bath at least once a week. It makes me feel great, and I like the tangible health benefits. Unfortunately, however, I haven't been able to do cold water therapy in a month, and need some suggestions figuring out alternatives.

Right now I'm voluntarily living out of my car in order to solve my financial problems, and shower at my gym. Given that I live in Texas and that it's the hot season, it's impossible for me to take a cold shower since the tap is warmed up too much, and there isn't a cold plunge otherwise.

Thus, how can I get in my cold water therapy in this kind of lifestyle, which shall be continuing for a few months more? I've tried looking up cold plunges online, but it seems that not many places will put that in their search engine criteria.

I know of a nearby spa and Russian Banya that offers a cold plunge, but it's $24-25 admission, and I'm not keen on paying for a sauna when I already have one at my gym. The aromatherapy within a sauna of a particular place may be worth it . . . but it's still a bit too pricey when my only desire is to freeze. I'll do it eventually if I have to, but want to avoid it if I can.

I'm also aware that it's possible some other gyms may contain a cold plunge, and it would be worthy to ask around as a daily pass of $10-15 is a palatable price to use a cold plunge for me. I'll have to ask around; it's annoying it's not so easily searchable on a website.

Anything you guys are aware of that I might be missing?
    Any rivers with snow runoff?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Any rivers with snow runoff?
    You're clearly not familiar with Texas.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    You're clearly not familiar with Texas.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    Not really... I realize there's no snow locally, but it could come down from elsewhere like the Rockies.

By the way, do you fly an A-10?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post

By the way, do you fly an A-10?
    Nope, but I did grow up in Texas.

Sent via A-10 Warthog