Thread: How safe is Stevia? page

zebonaut is offline Senior Member

How safe is Stevia?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I drink a ton of tea a day; and I _have to still sweeten it. I choose Stevia; have seen nothing bad yet about it. Wondering if it is indeed safe; and if it might still stimulate insulin just from the sweet taste?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Mark mentioned that stevia might actually enhance insulin sensitivity as per one of his "is it primal" articles a while back. It's pretty safe as far as I know.

The only thing is, it might keep your taste buds craving sweet foods and from that perspective it could make adapting your dietary habits a little harder. But many people use it just fine from time-to-time.

kreyes is offline Junior Member
    I have been using one stevia for my coffee in the mornings, personally I think in moderation you should be fine.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    I prefer raw honey over stevia because it not processed and has nutrients. However, if you don't like the way honey tastes I would pick organic cane sugar before stevia extract, but stevia over agave syrup, splenda, or aspartame. I try not to eat anything processed anymore.
    Last edited by Paleo0731; 06-13-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Paleo0731 is offline Senior Member
    By the way if you choose stevia, pick the the green leaf kind over the white.