Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: But.. but... that's NOT healthy!! page 3

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Luckily, they also tell her stuff like mosquitoes make honey, so it is easy to show that a lot of things other kids say are just as wrong.
    *snorted tea at this one*

Ask a non-paleo kid what french fries are made of, and you'll get a lot of (wrong) interesting answers!

fresa is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    She thinks that cool whip is made from the cool whip plant, rather than in the cool whip plant.
    I feel like this defines basic CW ideas of health in this day and age. And also made me laugh A LOT.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    I am not feeling particularly sad or "superior" when I see other people's super processed foods in their shopping cart. I was exactly the same until 9 months ago and you know, I still could reproduce, have two healthy kids and have a rather happy life until 9 months ago when I changed my lifestyle. But I do feel MUCH MUCH better and my reference point for the "I-feel-good" state has shifted up dramatically. I do spot unhealthiness in many people when I go shopping, much more than before though. What can I personally do for this state of things ? Continue on my journey to reach my super-healthy-self, ... Everyone life's story is different and could well be a matter of "karma".
    This is such a good point. But still I can't help inwardly sneering at what some people choose to put in their bodies.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    I am not feeling particularly sad or "superior" when I see other people's super processed foods in their shopping cart. I was exactly the same until 9 months ago and you know, I still could reproduce, have two healthy kids and have a rather happy life until 9 months ago when I changed my lifestyle. But I do feel MUCH MUCH better and my reference point for the "I-feel-good" state has shifted up dramatically. I do spot unhealthiness in many people when I go shopping, much more than before though. What can I personally do for this state of things ? Continue on my journey to reach my super-healthy-self, ... Everyone life's story is different and could well be a matter of "karma".
    I saw a guy in the supermarket yesterday, I'd say he was in his 50's, he was pale and very puffy looking, and looked like someone who has tried for a long time to eat 'healthily'. His trolley was full of boxed weight-watchers foods and low-fat yoghurts (which I've realised are like eating liquid plastic, they are so procesed). There was nothing in his trolley that I'd buy. I almost spoke to him about it because he looked particularly unhealthy.

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppi View Post
    And how is the tub of cool whip not an "Added oil"?? I was under the impression that cool whip was just whipped up oil with corn syrup in it.
    Actually it is whipped up corn syrup with oil in it :-)

Cool whip is made of water, corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oil, sodium caseinate, vanilla extract, xanthan and guargums, polysorbate 60 and betacarotene.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppi View Post
    Do you ever look at the food choices someone is making and just sit there flabergasted that they canít see what they are doing?
    No, it means more real food left for me.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123