Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: But.. but... that's NOT healthy!! page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    lol, that made me snort my coffee.
    Heh, I was driving when I was provided with this tidbit of zoological trivia (form a second-grader no less, my kid is Gr 1)
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppi View Post
    And how is the tub of cool whip not an "Added oil"?? I was under the impression that cool whip was just whipped up oil with corn syrup in it.
    She thinks that cool whip is made from the cool whip plant, rather than in the cool whip plant.

The idea that there are literate people who are unaware that there are ingredients lists on boxes is mind-boggling.

primalfoodie is offline Junior Member
    That's just nasty! My one friend bakes tons of cakes and cupcakes as a hobby and makes them "healthy" by using tons of Splenda instead of sugar and not using real eggs, butter or oil. Blech!

Cathartes is offline Member
    Oh, Cool-whip cracks me up. "look! we make it with soybeans and oil and sugar mashed with air! But it has no fat, so it's healthy!!!" Yeaaaaah, I think that tree bark or grass-clippings are probably healthier than cool-whip.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I have a friend who, even though I had explained my way of eating to her, bought some frozen dessert or other and told me : "you can have this! It's fat free and it's got fruit in it! It's healthy!" This is a woman who saw me eat a bowl of creamy pasta sauce sans pasta... And yet despite this was pushing some sugar filled fat free crap at me... Ahhh well at least I've got her buying butter and not margarine these days.

Poppi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    This is a woman who saw me eat a bowl of creamy pasta sauce sans pasta...
    Damn you. It's 10:00 at night and I suddenly, desperately want seafood alfredo (without noodles naturally).

Cathartes is offline Member
    To quote Inigo Montoya: "healthy"... "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I am not feeling particularly sad or "superior" when I see other people's super processed foods in their shopping cart. I was exactly the same until 9 months ago and you know, I still could reproduce, have two healthy kids and have a rather happy life until 9 months ago when I changed my lifestyle. But I do feel MUCH MUCH better and my reference point for the "I-feel-good" state has shifted up dramatically. I do spot unhealthiness in many people when I go shopping, much more than before though. What can I personally do for this state of things ? Continue on my journey to reach my super-healthy-self, ... Everyone life's story is different and could well be a matter of "karma".

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It reminds me a lovely lady admin assistant that kept ordering vegetarian pizzas for me, because I had 'some food restrictions'. Who on earth wouldn't want a healthy vegetarian pizza? She always felt bad I was not eating at company's lunches/meetings or brought my own food.

And I had a both who forbade me from eating fish in the office, period. Luckily, the boss became an even bigger boss and moved to the bossy-boss floor. I am back to eating sardines, salmon and other horrid fare.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    And I had a both who forbade me from eating fish in the office, period. Luckily, the boss became an even bigger boss and moved to the bossy-boss floor. I am back to eating sardines, salmon and other horrid fare.
    Every day I get a reminder of how great my co-workers are. Last week I warned everyone in my office suite that I was eating anchovies in here and to let me know if the smell got to them. They couldn't care less. The first time I heated my brussels sprouts at work I apologized to my boss for the smell and he replied the only problem with the smell was that it was making him hungry - he loves them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast