Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scenario based fitness 1. Zombies page

Lockstock is offline Senior Member

Scenario based fitness 1. Zombies

Primal Fuel
    You have 6 weeks to physically prepare yourself for the zombie outbreak.
    Your starting point is at your residence, so base your training off where you live, and for those 6 weeks, what equipment you have access to,
    The zombies will run at a average jogging pace, but will NEVER tire. As usual, a kill shot to the brain is the only way to permanently kill them and bites and scratches, that result in the transfer of zombie blood, turn you into a zombie.

Go.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Hmmmm wonder if I can get a flamethrower & a Gatling gun on freecycle?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    I would rather become a zombie. Much higher rate of survival.
    Few but ripe.

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    I would load up my back pack with weight and go to the park, run hill sprints every other day. Every day I would climb trees and my house and fences to have insane climbing strength, I would lose weight so I could stay lite, and I would do Squats with whatever I could, and pushups, and swing a heavy sledge hammer every day....rest and prepare....

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    I would rather become a zombie. Much higher rate of survival.
    Lol. Yeah as much as I would LOVE to be a badass, I can't even sustain a comfortable jog, so there's that, according to these rules! 6 weeks would not be long enough. They'd catch up in about 120.26599 seconds. Plus I'm a certified wimp when it comes to horror films (and anything running towards the person in horror films, especially zombie/infected fasties), I can't imagine if it happened IRL.

kreyes is offline Junior Member
    This is a funny post! I would definitely be the person to trip and not be able to get up for 5 minutes 😝

maclrc is offline Senior Member
    Zombies are why I started doing crossfit to supplement my Wendler 5/3/1 lifting!

I'd start doing all exercise wearing a weight vest, wrist and ankle weight bands, and a rucksack. I would drop 5/3/1 and focus on bodyweight (plus the extra weight being worn) exercises.

Once the zombies arrived, I'd armour up to reduce likelihood of zombification through minor scratches. My 6 week training would hopefully allow me to move (especially climb) wearing armour, a pack (containing essentials), and carrying weapons.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    What is the goal here? If the zombies came, you would survive longer by turning your house into a fortress rather than leaving. If the goal is to be physically prepared to run from your house, where are you running to? Regardless of how fit you are, you will get tired and the zombies won't.

Now if I had one of these, now your talking!

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm going to drive to FL and then hide behind Cori and take orders.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

maclrc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    What is the goal here? If the zombies came, you would survive longer by turning your house into a fortress rather than leaving. If the goal is to be physically prepared to run from your house, where are you running to? Regardless of how fit you are, you will get tired and the zombies won't.
    This very serious question relates purely to physical training. Yes, you would fortify your home and stockpile goods (although that would be dependent on where you lived e.g. an apartment in a high rise would not be worth defending unless you protected the entire building, not to mention the increased risk of being in a more densely populated area with limited open space...), but in terms of long term survivability, you would need to be able to move efficiently whilst carrying additional weight over varied terrain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast