Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What keeps you motivated and believing? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

What keeps you motivated and believing?

Shop Now
    The majority of us are here because there's something we want to change. For some it's body comp, for some it's health conditions, for some it's mental health issues. But the road to change is rarely linear: we take wrong turns, are stalked by doubt, and sometimes want to give up.

Are you trying to change, or have you already overcome something significant? If so, what do /did you do to stay motivated and inspired?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    My insatiable curiosity keeps me motivated to learn and experiment upon myself, to seek my reactions, and test my limitations.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

steven.kelly is offline Senior Member
    I have no health issues at all and no really body composition goals. I was just tired of feeling like crap after eating certain foods and I want maximise my quality of life.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    My insatiable curiosity keeps me motivated to learn and experiment upon myself, to seek my reactions, and test my limitations.
    That's definitely a huge factor for me too - I'm nosy No, kidding - it's those 'click' moments that I love.

But do you ever get frustrated if you don't see the changes you want, and if so, what do you do?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    But do you ever get frustrated if you don't see the changes you want, and if so, what do you do?
    Absolutely. I'll cry and whine to hubby, get angry, and get over it all within 30 minutes because ultimately i know i am the only one who can put forth the effort; they're not just going to happen, i dont rely on luck and fate. I'm constantly finding new inspirations which rekindle my underlying motivations. I'm mostly an optimist with cyclical pessimist tendencies. I find it hard to accept no as the final answer when I am really determined. However, I've learned that you have to be adaptable. Sometimes I have to let go of the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result. That's when I start looking at my other options.

I have a lot of health challenges to overcome and thousands of variables that brought me to this point. It's impossible to scrutinize 33 years of biological, bacterial, environmental, and habitual events, many of which are unknown to me. I just keep looking for the answers because what other option do I have? Either keep going or give up and wait to die. So I keep going.

I'm also really good at over-analyzing and over-complicating things. At that point, sometimes that's when I find starting from scratch is better than trying to maintain something that is overwhelming and getting out of control.
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-13-2013 at 01:00 AM.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    Are you trying to change, or have you already overcome something significant? If so, what do /did you do to stay motivated and inspired?
    Yeah a couple of little things like continuing to not die from a recurrence of cancer and keeping epilepsy under control with 25% less medication are some things that motivate me. Being able to climb mountains and look good in a swimsuit in my 50s are nice too.

No, I don't get frustrated. Why? Because what I do works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    No, I don't get frustrated. Why? Because what I do works for me.
    I think YB was asking the question from a perspective of not having found what works for you. If we all knew what works for us and we choose not to anyway, that's a different question.

Paleobird Guest
    I think YB was asking the question from a perspective of not having found what works for you. If we all knew what works for us and we choose not to anyway, that's a different question.
    Well, I can relate to having a time when I wasn't sure what worked. It's nice to be past that. To me it feels like my body just knows that it is *home*.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, I can relate to having a time when I wasn't sure what worked. It's nice to be past that. To me it feels like my body just knows that it is *home*.
    I think we all want that inner peace. Unfortunately, there isn't a universal path to that place despite what some people know to be true for themselves.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think we all want that inner peace. Unfortunately, there isn't a universal path to that place despite what some people know to be true for themselves.
    I agree.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast