Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What keeps you motivated and believing? page 3

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    My mom died from cancer at 57. She was very over weight. I am hoping that I can lose my excess weight and avoid a similar fate at such a young age. I have periods where I struggle. But ultimately, I remember that my goal is to be around as long as possible for my children and get back to what I know I should be doing (eating right, lifting). I still haven't found the key for my body yet, but will keep trying until I do so my children don't have to deal with losing me so young.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Excuse me? Huh? That was not even the slightest bit snidely meant. Where did you get that perception from?
    I meant that as an honest account of what motivates me. No snideness involved.
    Sorry! Totally misread that. Pmed you. Hugs!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Sorry! Totally misread that. Pmed you. Hugs!
    No problem. Tone gets lost sometimes on the webz. Hugs back.

Shieldmaid is offline Junior Member
    Hi YogaBear! I like happy threads.

I cured my nerve pain by eliminating gluten and was able to go off Cymbalta, which I consider a pretty resounding success. I've been eating Paleo/Primal for a little over a year and a half but it is just in the last three months that I've been able to restore my relationship with food (and a thread featuring you and PaleoMom about eating more was a large part of that).

My motivation is my self and my quality of life. I have an unwell body to begin with, and its my whole life to fight that and be happy and well no matter how unwell I am. This way of eating, moving, and thinking has given me more results, more verve, and more peace of mind than fourteen years of incessant doctors' visits. Living this lifestyle has also changed the way I look at my "disabled" body - it's still able to do a lot, and the more I push my boundaries the longer I'll stay out of a wheelchair. It gives me more control over my body and my health than I've had for my whole life. That's a huge deal for me because like so many with chronic and/or genetic conditions, I've always felt incredibly alienated from my body and health.

+1 to this thread and for everybody else's stories.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    A mother who died at 74 from TypeII Diabetes complications while eating all those healthy grains she was advised to eat. Pus in the CAFO milk supply brought on by BGH; antibiotics in the milk supply to fight the infections caused by the bgh. Frankenfoods (GMOs) created in labs. Container linings that have been thought to have ill effects on health for decades. Livestock living their lives standing in ponds of their own waste. De-beaked chickens. Clear cutting old growth forests to grow CAFO beef and soy.

Pics like these:

Yum! Strawberries so healthy that the pickers wear HazMat gear.

Pink slime in the ground beef.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    PB is my plan for being physically prepared. I enjoy being prepared.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    I think what keeps me going, first and foremost, is the desire (actually, the need) to get better. I mean get better in regards to everything - to my relationship with food, my mental state, and my body. I get in my own way a lot, due to my fear of falling back into my ED, but ultimately it's envisioning myself in a better place. So I mess up a lot, but what gets me through it is picturing how good it could be 6 months, or even a year from now if i actually keep at it.

Poppi is offline Member
    I have special needs children and eating this way gives me the fuel to do what I have to do in a day without burning out by 4:00 every afternoon. I don't feel deprived, I'm not hungry and when I'm tired and stressed out and sad a cup of bulletproof coffee and some dark chocolate perks me right up.

I also eat this way to model healthy eating habits for my autistic children. We have been gluten free for years but still high carb, low fat, low protein, I want to change that for them while they are young.

kreyes is offline Junior Member
    My motivation is my family. I really want our son to grow up with good eating habits, the tools he needs to be a healthy individual as he gets older. I didn't learn how to read a nutrition label until I was a sophomore in high school! And that is only because my friends dad showed me. How ridiculous is that!? I have never really had an issue with my weight, it's been pretty steady, although after the changes my body went through during pregnancy and childbirth I started to wonder... Hehe. Paleo for me is the energy booster I have needed the past few years. I feel freaking amazing!! The weight loss is just a nice added bonus.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    have you already overcome something significant? If so, what do /did you do to stay motivated and inspired?
    Seems simple: The motivation would be to not have the 'significant' issue come back - so continuing to feel good, or be healthy (and limit new issues from coming up) is the motivation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123