Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Max's Uncreative Journal Title page 3

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Not the best day today. My groin/psaos (area above quad) area has been bothering me since Friday. When I squat or lunge a certain way I feel a slight pinch/pull. I've had a bunch of injuries while running, so I don't think this one is too bad. The trainer said that I should not do anything for 2 weeks until it feels better. The thing is I can still run and do stuff without much pain at all, but I do feel a presence.

Anyway, I felt pretty bummed about not being able to play basketball or lift lower body. I actually planned to play anyway (I love the game and finally am playing in the park after years of no playing), but decided to just rest. Add some family issues and I just binged and ate a shit load spread over the last 4-5 hours.

I had to have reached 5000 calories this afternoon alone, if not more. I kept it healthy though, most fats from ice cream, butter, coconut, half and half, cheese, and baking chocolate. Also ate mostly sugar, rice, rice krispies, maple syrup, bananas, and salt. Ate some eggs and tuna also early in the "binge." (Holy crap I ate a lot lol). I don't feel so bad though, since I keep convincing myself it is "good for my metabolism." Maybe it is just pure gluttony now though who knows. This excessive eating happens once every 2 weeks also.
    Last edited by max219; 06-19-2013 at 06:25 PM.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you've had a rough day Max!

Are you planning to take your trainer's suggestion and take it easy for a couple of weeks?

At least it was all good foods and not Cheetos and junk like that.

Haha, yea I've learned when I eat that much food in the form of crap my stomach kills me. Recently my binges have not hurt my stomach, probably due to the quality of food.

I do have to say though, while I now feel sugar is not bad for me and a great addition to my diet, it is HIGHLY palatable when paired with fats. Very easy to overeat when you don't plan on it lol.

I've always been kinda stubborn with injuries being a runner, where extended time off usually meant loss of fitness. I might try squatting Friday, and if it hurts I'll wait a few more days. I'll be walking a lot as usual though.

I know I sound whiny about not being able to lift, but I really have been enjoying it and felt great on my way to getting stronger. It's a whole new type of training for me and it's exciting. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long.

Yes... Fat+Sugar.... Nom nom nom. Lol

If the squats seem hard/painful you could always try them with just the bar.

Walking everywhere was one of my favorite things about New York. I walked around 11-12 miles one day and it was in the beginning of December... Soooo cold! That was the only vacation I went on that I lost weight. And I ate so good while I was there too.

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you're being whiny. I had a bit of an issue with my hip/inner thigh a few weeks ago and my trainer wouldn't let me do my squats. I was really upset about it too. I now have a problem with my left wrist, and I'm already upset about the fact that she might not let me lift . Lifting is reallyyy fun when you're just starting off and you're just getting better and better.

I hope you feel better soon, and that you can get back into lifting as soon as possible . Just make sure you don't overdo it, so that you don't really hurt yourself and end up having to stop for even longer.
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Walking everywhere was one of my favorite things about New York. I walked around 11-12 miles one day and it was in the beginning of December... Soooo cold! That was the only vacation I went on that I lost weight. And I ate so good while I was there too.
    Haha, I actually live in Queens, which is a borough outside of NYC. I don't have a car though, so aside from walking my dog, I often walk to my school/work, to stores, and to other peoples house. I also bike just as much. If I ever do go to the city, which might be once every 2-3 months (I just don't have the desire to go there much!), I end up walking a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    Lifting is reallyyy fun when you're just starting off and you're just getting better and better.

I hope you feel better soon, and that you can get back into lifting as soon as possible . Just make sure you don't overdo it, so that you don't really hurt yourself and end up having to stop for even longer.
    Thank you, and I definitely will. I'd hate to be out for months after just starting. I hope that your wrist feels better so that you can keep lifting.

Haven't posted in a while since my "injury". Turns out it was mostly my upper hamstring that was bothering me, and my groin only a little. Back in December I slightly strained or tore my left hamstring doing Romanian Deadlifts (RDL) the wrong way and too heavy. Sadly it still bothers me now, more than six months later.

Over the last 2 weeks I've been reading A LOT more Matt Stone, and over the last 2 and a half months I have been blatantly overeating, keeping it high in starch, sugar, salt and saturated fat. I've avoided PUFA like crazy and might have had 1 or 2 days where I ate some PUFA intentionally while out or something.

I definitely have put on some fat, but also some mucsle as well. I'm not sure if my metabolism was ever messed up, but I took my temperature last night it was 97.9 (6 weeks ago upon rising in the morning it was 97.1). My pulse has also risen over 60.

I don't plan to overeat as much anymore, but just eat based on hunger cues. It would be pretty cool to actually lose fat while eating a good amount of food.

As for lifting, I got back into the gym today. Squatted 130, military pressed 75, (5x5) and deadlifted 150 (95,115,150). No problems on them. I had been doing some upper body the past week however, just no legs.

Also, went away with my family for a few days, and ate french toast one morning and chocolate chip pancakes another. I also went and bought organic valley milk. These are foods I have not had in four years, so it's pretty cool to enjoy them again.

Food for today so far was gelatin coffee with half and half and maple syrup. Had rice krisipies with honey, a banana, and milk, heavily salted. Post workout was 3 potatoes with maple syrup, a bunch of grapes, some shrimp, and some deli turkey breast. Snacked on carrots dipped in coconut butter. I may play basketball later and probably eat some more potatoes, some cheese, fruit. Whatever I feel like.
    Last edited by max219; 06-30-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post

I definitely have put on some fat, but also some mucsle as well. I'm not sure if my metabolism was ever messed up, but I took my temperature last night it was 97.9 (6 weeks ago upon rising in the morning it was 97.1). My pulse has also risen over 60.
    That's great! And all with out medicating with thyroid... very impressive!

I lifted today, sadly I felt pain when I squatted. I'm probably going to continue lifting low body, but try to stregnthen my groin/hamstring daily as well as ice more often.

I did 135 for the squat - felt easier than 130 did last time. I did 120 for the bench, very tough on the last set. Bent over row I did 105, but not sure if my form was off or not.

Post workout meal was 3/4th a can of "wild" salmon, and 2 large plantains fried in coconut oil. Got hungry later and ate a peach, banana, and this big ass egg and cheese fritatta my mom brought from her work.

PrimalCon New York
    Updating - I am going away for about 10 days with my family in Wildwood, NJ. My cousins have a condo on the shore where me and my sister will be staying. Since overeating over the last few months, I definitely put on some fat and muscle. I am a bit nervous to take of my shirt in front of my family, since they are used to me being relatively lean. Maybe I am not as big as I think I am though. I guess my eating disorder comes up here and then still.

I decided not to care at all about how I look now a days and just focus on being healthy and strong and overall athletic. Not caring = no stress, and no stress = feeling better, enjoying life, and being healthier. I won't care if I have some belly fat going on cause no one else will really care.

When I get back from vacation, I plan to experiment with a 100% Ray Peat inspired diet (focusing on good quality fruits, cheese, milk, eggs, juice, gelatin, potatoes, sugar, liver, and some muscle meat and rice). On vacation I won't worry about food and just eat what my family does, just focusing on a low PUFA intake.

I also plan to start a new workout program by Elliott Hulse, which I'll talk about once I start it.

I've been rehabbing my hamstring for the last few weeks and it is actually feeling better. If only I did this stuff 7 months ago. Hopefully I can squat pain free once I come back.

Also, if anyone is into music, I actually recorded a cover song for the first time in a few years. (Hey, it's my journal!) Live High - Jason Mraz cover - YouTube

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast