Thread: How to get rid of Asian glow? page

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

How to get rid of Asian glow?

Primal Fuel
    I get Asian glow pretty quickly after drinking, especially when it comes to wines and beers (not so much the spirits...weird). Anyway, does anybody know how I can rid myself of the glow? The best answer I could come up with was to tan...

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    I'm not familiar with the term Asian glow - but I guess you mean you get a red flush on your skin?

I used to get this alot when I was younger. If you wear makeup, you can get a green base that goes under your foundation. You can't see the green colour, but it cancels out redness. I used to buy a stick made from Shiseido. Keep in mind that this was the 1980's at the height of huge hair, shoulder pads and earrings (loved it) and I'm not sure if they still make it!! LOL

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    She's referring to the red flush in the face after drinking alcohol, which those of us of Asian origin are notorious for getting.

I don't get it myself, but I'm pretty sure there's no way to get rid if that skin reaction. The best way is to probably cover it up with makeup, as the above poster mentioned.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm mostly northern european... and I thought this is why they called it the northern lights.
    I glow like a lamp!
    Cheeks and ears...
    It's adorable. Or not.

What can you do?
    Work on becoming an alcoholic to really increase your tolerance?
    Not really.
    Just accept that you glow.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Mutton is online now Senior Member
    Drink more often, it will develop the secondary acetone metabolic pathway.Alternatively, eat something fatty before drinking to slow absorption. I suppose you could also not drink...

Quote Originally Posted by Mutton View Post
    I suppose you could also not drink...
    Absolutely not a valid option! >: (

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I get this more since I've been eating PB, probably as my circulation has improved. I avoid red wine because thats the worse for it, but generally I don't worry, its a sign of health, I was almost pleased to see it come back.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend is half-Korean, and he is the worst drinker in the world. Half a drink and he's totaled, can't drink at all. So he ends up being the default designated driver.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    For a Scotsman I am a complete and humiliating lightweight. I can handle 2 ounces of port or 3 of wine before I start to glow and develop verbal diarrhea. My FIL thinks this is hilarious and is constantly plying me with drink. I have pretty much given up drinking and stick with fizzy water.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.