Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal Toxicity page

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member

Heavy Metal Toxicity

Shop Now
    I just got results back for heavy metal toxicity and my levels were still very high. I took a chelation drug once and it seemed to help me feel a lot better, but I am shocked to still see my levels high. For example Arsenic was off the charts (scary!), aluminum, platinum, nickel and copper. I am curious if this is very much related to a lot of the issues that I have been experiencing (thyroid, loss of period for 5 years now, and digestive disorders.) I have been working with a million doctors but no one can get to the route cause of my issues. Wondering if this will shed light on what could be going on here! Anyone experience this?

sunshine7801 is offline Junior Member
    I would think it absolutely could be the route cause of your troubles. Have you tried bentonite clay for heavy metals detox? Google IT.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine7801 View Post
    I would think it absolutely could be the route cause of your troubles. Have you tried bentonite clay for heavy metals detox? Google IT.
    Is this more effective than chelation drugs? Is this the most effective method? I eat so well and will I have problems. I take chlorella too

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    My understanding was that it is impossible to have high aluminum without an associated physiological problem- a kidney problem if I recall correctly. Also, I would wonder where your exposure is coming from. Removal seems like solution #3.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

You don't think metals would come first? Wouldn't that in turn affect kidneys or its the other way around? How can I test kidney function. No clue why I have high aluminum levels I don't ever use or eat anything touching aluminum cans etc.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Usually the only people who have problems with high aluminum are premature infants. If I recall correctly, it is because their kidneys are not yet functioning properly. Healthy adults are able to remove pretty high levels of aluminum exposure. So high aluminum in an adult would indicate an underlying health problem and/or extraordinary exposure.

A friend had a child come up with a high heavy metal and after environmental testing in her home they were able to find the source of the exposure. It just seems to me that treating the disease (whether that be an actual disease of the body or an exposure issue) is at least as important as treating the outcome. There is something different about you, your body and or your environment, that is leading to this.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Interesting. I had some genes tested once and I'm missing two out of three detox pathways. I wonder if that has anything to do with that. I just have to make sure I detox even better than most people.

Could be something in my water? How can we explain the arsenic situation?

I really want to take care of this once and for all. It must be affecting my gut and thyroid and all other hormones i would suspect

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    What kind of test was this? Did a doctor's office administer it or was it a home kit?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    What kind of test was this? Did a doctor's office administer it or was it a home kit?
    Blood test ordered by my doc he practices biological medecine. Through Genova diagnostics I believe?

Heavy metals is urine test I think by Genova as well

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Ah ok. I was wondering about the accuracy; looks like that's not in question.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast