Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey To Happiness - A Magical Land Where I'm Finally Content page 8

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As far as the BMs go, you eat good food, you poop less. Garbage in, garbage out. Eat food that your body doesn't utilize and you poop a whole lot more.

I cannot help but wonder if you are getting enough calories for your activity level. Even after two years I find myself thinking that if I eat less it will be better for me. Not. When I eat more, that is when good changes happen.
    Last edited by honeybuns; 06-20-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    As far as the BMs go, you eat good food, you poop less. Garbage in, garbage out. Eat food that your body doesn't utilize and you poop a whole lot more.

I cannot help but wonder if you are getting enough calories for your activity level. Even after two years I find myself thinking that if I eat less it will be better for me. Not. When I eat more, that is when good changes happen.
    That actually makes a lot of sense. I find that whenever I would binge on non-primal junk, I'd have to use the bathroom a lot more the next day.
    I don't think my calories have been up to my activity level for the past two days, but I think it balances out with the rest of the week. I kind of want to do a little experiment where I test different levels of calories to see what my real maintenance level would be. Not sure how to go about it yet! A lot of the time I think that if I up my calories, I'd see a lot more progress. But it's scary for me, because the only time I ever lost weight was by counting calories and keeping them low.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I'm glad to hear that you could turn your negativity into a positive energy and start to feel hopeful again! That's great ^__^

Also, I think it's pretty cute that most of your body fat is in your bottom. I mean, what if you had it somewhere undesirable, and carried it mostly in your stomach, or even weirder, like .. your forearms!?!? Popeye, ha. Sorry, I'm being silly! I just want you to realize that having butt fat is pretty desirable for a lot of people... Me included! That's just about the only place that I don't mind gaining at this point.

If you're feeling uncomfortable about your BMs, have you tried any supplements? I have (had?) IBS pretty severely for a long time, but going Primal and eating healthy helped it out a lot. Now, I still have troubles, but I take Magnesium Citrate nightly. This might be a good supplement for you, especially since you have trouble sleeping sometimes! If you take it at night, you'll feel relaxed and tired, but it's nothing like a sleeping pill. I think it also helps with PMS, but I could be wrong on that. Are you going to continue your willpower challenge through PMS? If so, that's very brave of you :P haha

Question Of The Day: If you could go absolutely anywhere in the world, where would you? Why would you go there, and would you take anyone with you?

Answer Of The Day: ha. Well, I don't know if you read my journal, but I had a really intense/vibrant dream last night about packing everything up and living off the land in Hawaii! I've never been there, but I had such a strong sensation in my dream that it was the right thing to do. I had been talking about doing something like this with my friend months ago (a year ago maybe) and she lived in Hawaii like that for about a year, then came back. She said it was so beautiful and such an awesome experience to live freely, without bothering with money or beauty or magazines or physical, material things. I guess right now, I am just yearning for something more than a superficial life. I want to get down into the fullness and richness to see what life can really be for you, if you let it.
    Haha it was a very risky moment! I was just so fed up with it that I went back to bed twice, totally dead-set on going back to sleep because I couldn't be bothered with the day. But I kept talking myself out of it. I'm glad I managed it though!

I know, I know. When I think about it I always say "well, your waist is pretty small, and your stomach is flat for the most part. your arms are nice and well...it's all junk in your trunk. that's not so bad, is it?" and people always tell me that it isnt a bad thing. Funny/awkward story, my butt was kind of a very common topic while I was at school haha. I actually had younger girls come up to me and compliment me on it, as well. It was at a time where I didn't really think of my body, so I laughed and thanked them. I guess I'm pretty lucky it goes to my butt and not anywhere super undesirable, like you said (haha I just pictured myself with guns like Popeye's).

My brother has a treasure chest of supplements and I just went and found some Magnesium pills. I don't know if I should take them though? I've been reading your and Om's journals, and it made me want to try it out. They're just Magnesium though, not Magnesium Citrate (are they different? I'm a total supplement noob). I'm deeeefinitely going to continue the challenge through PMS haha. That's like my "danger zone". If I let myself, I'd have all the junk in the house, and then feel like crap. It makes me cramps soooo much worse. Howeverrr, I was thinking of stopping the challenge on my 24 hours of travel (I tend to pig out when I'm travelling - the 14 hour flight makes me extremely restless). But maybe I should stick to it, to counteract that .

I did read it! I absolutely think you should go for it, if you can. Have you ever looked into a trip to the Maldives? Maybe with the SO (or without, since you clearly need some time apart). It's absolutely stunning. I think that if you can manage to travel around, you should totally embrace that while you can. If I didn't have an absolute bunch of worrywarts for a family, I'd have left and gone travelling ages ago! But I've never been one to cause anyone worry/stress intentionally. It's one of my dreams to see the world, haha. That's super cheesy, I know. I definitely get what you mean about wanting to get into the richness of life. I keep waiting for the richness to find me. But if we're honest with ourselves, we kinda have to make an effort and get to it, you know?
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Magnesium supplements that do not distinctly say that they're Mag C only are usually a mixture of magnesium types that don't absorb well into the body. It will still work for digestion, but not as well as purely Mag C. Also, if the magnesium supplement has calcium mixed in with it, then it will not work for digestion.

Good luck x 1000 with your willpower challenge through your cycle and through traveling! That will be a true test. I want you to remember though!!! You didn't eat very much today and a few times in the week, so try not to get discouraged if you're ravenous very soon. It's the natural way of your body to need more food when you're on your period, too, so try not to restrict or get upset!

I would love to travel all over the world, too. The world is beautiful and full of so many life-enriching experiences! If I went to Hawaii the way that it turned out in my dream, though.... It would be alone, and I don't think I would be returning back to my boyfriend, if you know what I mean. He doesn't even like me to go to the grocery store by myself, he would never wait for me to take a trip to Hawaii on my own! I could probably convince him to take a vacation there some time soon, though. But! We have our Monaco trip coming up, and we'll probably go back to Florida at least once more this year... and I still have to go to Texas at some point!
    Oh god, haha. I wrote my reply out and casually deleted it.

I took the Magnesium pill, but I'm going to go and get Magnesium C, since you said that's better. Hopefully it helps!

I don't mind if I get ravenous and eat stuff that's good for me. It's just that when I go crazy on all the junk in the house - I know I'm not gaining anything but stress and stuff. When it's good stuff, with some real nutritional value, then I don't feel as bad after. The travelling is actually worse for me than PMS, because I always end up making excuses for myself like "oh well, it's just one day" and eat unnatural amounts of croissants/pasta/chocolate. I'm reallyyy intent on getting to a point where I'm comfortable in my own skin though, so hopefully I won't stray too far off (maybe I wont stray at all!).

Sometimes I think I won't really "find myself" until I explore the world, lol. Is that weird? I've been thinking about it since I was around 15. Is it also weird that I'm starting to develop a dislike towards your SO, lol? He just seems soooo controlling. I don't think I'd have the patience for that at all, so props to you for managing it. The trip to Monaco sounds exciting! I think it'll be good for you, get your mind off stuff and change it up a bit .

Friday, 21st June 2013

Day Six of Willpower Challenge

Sleep:
    ~2.00 - 9.30
    Really restless again. Kept waking up almost every hour.

Exercise:
    My warm up before every lifting session is:
    -5 minutes on any cardio machine
    -10 squats
    -10 pushups
    -10 situps (with my legs making a kind of diamond)
    Lifting
    -Squats: 45/5 - 75/5 - 95/4 - 115/4 - 125/4 - 125/4
    -Deadlifts: 45/5 - 85/5 - 105/4 - 125/4 - 145/4 - 155/4
    -Benchpress: 45/5 - 45/4 - 55/4 - 65/4 - 65/4
    [With 1 minute in between each set on every exercise]
    Burpee Test [50 Burpees]
    Time : 4 minutes 23 seconds
    I'm soooooooooooo bad at burpees, that was torture for me.

And later on in the day I did 95 minutes on the treadmill at 3.0 mph (nothing impressive, I know, but my knees were starting to ache, so I thought I'd give them a break from the jogging.)
    4.72 miles total.

Food:
    Breakfast: Tuna frittata (2 wholes, 2 whites) - Not the best idea, it was kind of good but kind of not
    Lunch: Grilled rainbow trout and tilapia
    Snacks: Dark chocolate with banana, a banana, a pear, dates and some almond butter
    Dinner: leftover beef stew
    Calories: ~2000 - 2200
    Update: Got really hungry, so i went and had strawberries + pineapple + almond butter. Am i just going to have 2k calories every lifting day? It feels sooo excessive. At least it was all good stuff, i guess.

Thoughts and Stuff
    Pretty mellow day today. I was pretty stressed about the weigh-in, but all my numbers were down (scale + bf% monitor), so I'm happy . It's weird how just a number can have such an impact on my mood.

My mom made pancakes for breakfast this morning. I'd never fully explained to my parents how I was eating, so I felt soooo bad when she said "I even made it with coconut milk for you!". I still didn't eat any though . I told her they smelled amazing, but I wanted to get some protein in before my workout, so she wasn't too upset. And my brother's gobbled all the pancakes up anyway!

I'm feeling really good today, thankfully. And and and aaaand I'm super excited to be travelling in 4 days . Travelling makes me feel like crap every time, but I still absolutely love it. And I'll get to see my best friend the same evening that I land, hopefully! Still some pretty obvious PMS-ing going on though.

Question Of The Day
    When you're having a bad day, how do you pick yourself up?

Day six of the willpower challenge, doooone!

Baby we both know, that the nights were mainly made for saying things that you can't say tomorrow day
    Last edited by Driedmango; 06-21-2013 at 06:11 PM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    QOTD~ I get my forest fix when I am feeling out of sorts. Puts me right every time.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Friday, 21st June 2013

Thoughts and Stuff

So i overate today (probably up to 2500ish calories now - and my stomach feels uncomfortably full. I didn't feel so bad about it till i went to reorganize some old boxes that had letters/notes/writing i'd saved.

I found the weight log paper thingy i'd kept when i was losing weight before. It just made me feel like crap to see that i'd binged my way to gaining like 15lbs. And here i am, overeating again.

Uuugh why can't i stay positive for two days in a row? What is it with me and these constant crashes?

Well. It's safe to say i feel like crap again. Welcome to my pity party!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Alcohol, noopept, and cigarettes.

Also, if I were to choose one place it would be between Paris, Tokyo, and the moon.

One day of eating past satiety won't make a difference, think of it that way. Go into it with a different mindset, eventually you won't bother binging anymore. It's that guilt that drives you each time. Besides, overeating can be healthy too, you know?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Alcohol, noopept, and cigarettes.

Also, if I were to choose one place it would be between Paris, Tokyo, and the moon.

One day of eating past satiety won't make a difference, think of it that way. Go into it with a different mindset, eventually you won't bother binging anymore. It's that guilt that drives you each time. Besides, overeating can be healthy too, you know?
    I had to google noopept, lol. I always feel so air-headed when i read your posts on stuff. So smart!

I went to Paris once, but i was too young to enjoy it. I'd love to go to Tokyo and the moon though, lol.

Yeah, i know. It just feels like i'm running myself in circles, since i have a day like this each week, and i feel it puts a huge damper on any progress i might make. Sorry to be such a downer!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It's just too much time on my hands.

There is a striking contrast between Tokyo and Paris for me. One, enriched in history, the other a post-modern monolith. The moon is just beautiful in its isolation and freedom from the restraints of gravity.

Well, if you've been restricting calories all week, it's likely you're still in a deficit. Don't worry about it!

Also, if you exercise, you need to eat more, or it's counter-productive and stressful.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It's just too much time on my hands.

There is a striking contrast between Tokyo and Paris for me. One, enriched in history, the other a post-modern monolith. The moon is just beautiful in its isolation and freedom from the restraints of gravity.

Well, if you've been restricting calories all week, it's likely you're still in a deficit. Don't worry about it!
    Haha well at least you use the time to enrich your knowledge. I have to say, though, I think your intelligence must rub some people on here the wrong way. You always seem to be getting attacked for absolutely no reason.

Is there something specific stopping you from going to Tokyo and Paris? Obviously the moon's a bit more difficult, lol.

Haha i don't know if i'm still in a deficit, but your support actually made me feel lots better. You're completely right! I need to stop letting my negativity get the best of me. It's what leads to the binges anyway.

Thanks a lot Mr.Derp! (Btw i love your sig )

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast