Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey To Happiness - A Magical Land Where I'm Finally Content page 5

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Well, I'd give you some advice but it seems like everyone on here took the words right out of my mouth! If someone wants to be so mean to someone as nice as you are, they really don't deserve to have a friend like you. I just don't understand why someone would attack you like that for no reason, it's really awful.

Personally, I just want you to know that I think you are making improvements, based on what you've told me. You're getting your nutrients in (since your cycle started up again,) I know you're power-lifting and getting stronger every day, and you're consciously working on eating healthy foods with the least amount of obsession associated with it. You're getting on so well, in my eyes.
    You guys on here are the sweetest! I feel so much better in comparison to when i posted that. I'm not sure what he was thinking, nor do i care to find out. I going to have as little to do with him as possible - no point surrounding myself with negative energy.

Those are all the things i wanted to say to him, too. But he just wouldnt let me get a word in! Thank you so much for all your kind words. It means the woooorld to me!

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside thanks to all of you!

Hugs <3
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Sunday, 16th June 2013

Day Two of My Willpower Challenge

Sleep:
    1.30 - 9.00
    Bizarre nightmares last night.

Exercise:
    Nothing yet, buuut I did work up a bit of a sweat mopping and vacuuming and stuff. I might go for a jog or do sprints on the treadmill in a bit.

Update: So I did go to the gym! I only did cardio today because I'm lifting tomorrow
    65 minutes on the treadmill
    -35 @ 6.0mph
    -15 @ 5.0mph
    -15 @ 3.5mph
    I'm really trying to get my cardio to improve, but I don't think I'm doing particularly well. How on earth did I do an hour at 6.0mph and then do the elliptical or walk at a ridiculous incline for a second hour before?

Food:
    Breakfast: Frittata with chicken breast deli meat (2 wholes, 2 whites)
    Lunch: Chicken breast deli meat
    Dinner: A beef and potato roast - I skipped out on the potato. The meat was reallyyy fatty though, and the texture makes me feel sick, so even though I tried to dodge the fatty bits, I still feel a little nauseous now.
    Snacks: Prickly pear, strawberries and almonds
    Calories: ~1300

Thoughts and Stuff:
    Last night was a bit rough, but thanks to all the lovely people on MDA I feel a lot better. Thank you guys sooooooooooooo much.
    Feeling really good about doing the 100% primal thing for a while. I feel cleaaaan! It's amazing the effect of what you eat has on other aspects of your life. I always feel a lot more at ease when I stick to primal. And a lot more energetic !
    It's almost my younger sister's birthday, and she's a huuuuuuge art buff. She has a crapload of art supplies everywhere, so I just spent most of the day re-organizing stuff and cleaning up. I want everything to be perfect for her birthday party! I'm actually making the cake and these little chocolate candies for her birthday - so hopefully no one will hassle me about trying their treats.
    And today was father's day! I made my dad these little primal cakes (thank you, coconut flour/coconut oil). You would never have guessed they were coffee flavored just from the scent (smelled so much like coconut) - but hey, at least they kinda tasted like coffee. He seemed really happy with them, and that makes me happy. I love making my loved ones happy .
    Day two of the willpower challenge, dooooone!

Question Of The Day:
    How would you define love?

And I will love with urgency, but not with haste.
    Last edited by Driedmango; 06-16-2013 at 04:26 PM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    QOTD......Putting someone else before yourself. Wait, that could just be a thoughtful person.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    QOTD......Putting someone else before yourself. Wait, that could just be a thoughtful person.
    Oh HB, I think you're just a little bundle of wisdom.
    Thank you for always answering my QOTD!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    I'm a little late to the party, but it I agree that he was projecting - having now come to light that he is trying to lose weight.

QOTD: Selflessly wanting and attempting to make that person's life better in any/every way you can, which is why I extend and use the word in many of my relationships. On a related note: some people have difficulty saying "I love you," but I use it freely (with my loved ones), especially with friends - old and young, male and female. I place a high importance on letting it be known.

Also... green tea pocky

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    I'm a little late to the party, but it I agree that he was projecting - having now come to light that he is trying to lose weight.

QOTD: Selflessly wanting and attempting to make that person's life better in any/every way you can, which is why I extend and use the word in many of my relationships. On a related note: some people have difficulty saying "I love you," but I use it freely (with my loved ones), especially with friends - old and young, male and female. I place a high importance on letting it be known.

Also... green tea pocky
    I agree, for sure. Seeing how sweet and supportive everyone on MDA was when i posted that made me realize i was keeping some pretty bad company.

That's a really good answer and I think that would be my answer, too. Not enough people express their love for each other, so i think it's great that you're so open with the phrase "i love you". Personally, i'm someone who, a lot of the time, thinks that i should treat my day as the last day of my life - so i hate having "loose ends". So i tell my parents i love them absolutely every night, and i use the thought of "hey you might never see this person again", to push myself to express what i'm feeling.

Whaaaaat! Green tea pocky? I'm pretty sure that's the ONLY flavor they dont have at that japanese shop. I so want to try that . Reminds me of green tea kit kat, which i've also never had a chance to taste. Hmmm, i think once my little willpower challenge is over, i have a little green tea candy shopping to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Question of the Day: Definition of Love

I've actually been thinking a lot about this, myself. I think that love can mean a lot of different things, to different people, in different contexts. There are so many complex meanings to the word, that it can be used with so many varying degrees of severity... Love can be as simple as having an adoration or fondness for a person, location, or object. Love can also be as deep as having the desire to care for someone and their well-being so much that you would be willing to sacrifice your own happiness so that they could live the best version of their life. And, well, there's everything in between that can be considered love, too.

I know, that was a long response, but I think it's such a dynamic aspect of human nature that can be difficult to define precisely.
    It makes me so sad to read that after seeing your last post on your journal, Ci. You deserve the kind of love where the other person would be willing to sacrifice their happiness - if even a little - so that you could live the best version of your life. We accept the love we think we deserve, and all that jazz. Just know that you deserve so much more than you're getting.

Don't worry about it being a long response, I want people to give me honest answers. It's about seeing the different point of views. Even if it's pages long, or just a word long.

Keep your chin up, munchkin!

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    And today was father's day! I made my dad these little primal cakes (thank you, coconut flour/coconut oil). You would never have guessed they were coffee flavored just from the scent (smelled so much like coconut) - but hey, at least they kinda tasted like coffee. He seemed really happy with them, and that makes me happy. I love making my loved ones happy .

Question Of The Day:
    How would you define love?
    [/I]
    At the end of the day, my dad wanted a cherry slush and hamburger from Sonic. So that's what he got. I'm such a great daughter! lol

I define Love as giving... or well, it can be shown through giving. If you love, you give. Whether it be time, gifts or even one's own life so another can live.

You've motivated me to get to it on the cardio tomorrow. 30-40 minutes is all I've been doing lately.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    At the end of the day, my dad wanted a cherry slush and hamburger from Sonic. So that's what he got. I'm such a great daughter! lol

I define Love as giving... or well, it can be shown through giving. If you love, you give. Whether it be time, gifts or even one's own life so another can live.

You've motivated me to get to it on the cardio tomorrow. 30-40 minutes is all I've been doing lately.
    Oh god, now i want a cherry slush. You gave the man what he wanted, you're the best of the best, haha.

I honestly wonder if i asked the people i know in person these questions, would they give me such good answers? Love = giving. Definitely true!

Go for it! Glad i could motivate you although 30-40 minutes is pretty good, anyway.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    I agree, for sure. Seeing how sweet and supportive everyone on MDA was when i posted that made me realize i was keeping some pretty bad company.

That's a really good answer and I think that would be my answer, too. Not enough people express their love for each other, so i think it's great that you're so open with the phrase "i love you". Personally, i'm someone who, a lot of the time, thinks that i should treat my day as the last day of my life - so i hate having "loose ends". So i tell my parents i love them absolutely every night, and i use the thought of "hey you might never see this person again", to push myself to express what i'm feeling.

Whaaaaat! Green tea pocky? I'm pretty sure that's the ONLY flavor they dont have at that japanese shop. I so want to try that . Reminds me of green tea kit kat, which i've also never had a chance to taste. Hmmm, i think once my little willpower challenge is over, i have a little green tea candy shopping to do.
    It's great that you let your appreciation for the people in your life be known. I never want anyone to think that I am taking their love and support for granted. I'm very blunt and honest anyway so that might have something to do with it.

Omg green tea kit kat was the best. Yeah our Japanese markets have green tea flavored everything..

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast