Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey To Happiness - A Magical Land Where I'm Finally Content page 4

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Gelatin:Knox Original 4-pk. Unflavored Gelatine 1-oz. : Target

I know it looks odd as a health food, but since gelatin is made from bones and stuff, it is actually very healthy. There are plenty of things you can do with it. You can make gummy candy, or just mix it into a hot drink. I like to mix it in with my hot coffee in the morning, add some sweetener and almond milk, and let it set.

But anyway, ready-to-eat high protein snacks are really a lifesaver for me, sometimes! Maybe you could go grocery shopping with your parents one day and pick a few things out, if you're inclined to do so.

Yeah, I'm not trying to come across as discouraging or anything, I am maybe just being protective, I guess? Lol. I do know that since you're keeping a journal and have people supporting you on here, it may be a lot easier for you to accomplish your goals! Also, you said that you're considering making your goals fitness related, which I think is a great idea and can be very rewarding. I've done that before: My goal was to do an unassisted pull-up, and I worked at it for months, but then I got it! Felt really great and had nothing to do with my physical appearance.
    Dont worry,i know you're trying to help out i could probably use protecting from my weird thinking anyway!

I wish i could do an unassisted pull up, i just dangle from the bar!

Definitely going to get some protein stuff. And thank you for sending Derp
    here haha. Im guessing it was you and not a higher power, anyway
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Saturday, 15th June 2013

Day One of My Willpower Challenge

Sleep:

00.30 - 9.30
    Pretty restless last night. Woke up a looot. I realized this happens quite a bit when I eat non-primal stuff. Just always end up super hot and toss and turn all night.

Exercise:
    65 minutes on the treadmill
    -25 minutes @ 5.0mph
    -25 minutes @ 6.0mph
    -15 minutes @ 3.5mph
    Total : 5.45 miles

Food:
    Breakfast: Sweet potato frittata (2 whole, 2 whites). - Thinking of changing it up tomorrow, since I've had this way too many days in a row now.
    Lunch: Chicken breast deli slices
    Dinner: Grilled salmon and shrimp (yum )
    Snacks: Strawberries
    Calories: ~900 - I wasn't hungry when I woke up today, probably due to the monstrous amount of food I had yesterday. But I wasn't very hungry throughout the day either. I'm thinking that's because I'm getting more protein in

Thoughts and Stuff:
    Today was a good day! It was one of those really lazy Saturdays.
    I realize I always feel so much more at ease at the end of a day when I've stuck to primal eating. After eating all that stuff yesterday I was just groggy and grumpy for the rest of the evening. And that led to me snapping at everyone whenever they said the smallest of things to me. Not good at all! It's also ruining my skin . But I'm happy I got through day one of my little challenge!
    Today my brother asked me what my goal was with all the lifting I was doing. I said it was to get stronger + build muscle. Which, sure, is true. But really, my main goal was to get leaner. I don't know why I just can't tell anyone I know in person that I want to lose fat. He would never make fun of me for it, but he's one of those naturally tall and slim people, with the suuuuper speedy metabolisms. So I felt there was no point telling him, because he really wouldn't know how to help me anyway, I think.
    I think I lied just now. I do know why I don't like telling anyone. In the back of my mind, I always think if I let someone see a flaw in me, or something I consider a flaw (so even if they don't think I need to lose weight, but they know that I think I do), that they're bound to use it against me, somehow. My brother defiiinitely wouldn't, but I think that's why I wouldn't tell my friends, for example. I really feel like I could use the support and the help, but at the same time, I want to just do it by myself. I don't like feeling vulnerable or feeling like I'm relying on someone. Meh.
    I look at myself sometimes and I'm like "you know, it's not like you have a bad figure, you've gotten plenty of compliments on your curves". But I'm just not happy with it. I want to be lean and I want to look in the mirror and be satisfied. I know these things take time though, so, I'll let them take the time that they need! Trying to rush it didn't end well for me last time anyway.
    But, all in all, it was a good day. A nice, lazyyy Saturday.

Question of the Day:
    What do you want most in life?

So when your hope's on fire, but you know your desire, don't hold a glass over the flame, don't let your heart grow cold. I will call you by name, I will share your road.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    QOTD~Happiness Detect a theme?

The following is for illustration purposes.

Last year we fostered a couple dogs who had been fed bread and cereal, low protein things. The female was flabby, flabby, flabby with no muscles. Within just a couple weeks of a higher protein, lower junk diet she was sleek, trim and well muscled. She was adopted at five weeks and her new owners couldn't get over how fit and trim she was. The moral of this story? Protein builds muscles. Does that help?

If you are on Facebook, look up the Fitness Diva page. Inspiring.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Saturday, 15th June 2013

Thoughts and Stuff

So i just had an argument with someone i've known practically all my life, and he decided to tell me that everything i've chosen to focus on in my life (recently) is fickle and a failure anyway. When asked to give an example, he said 'your diet and your fitness plan'. I was floored. I said that it does work, and as i was about to say how much stronger i am, he went on.

'It doesnt matter what you say, it's what people see that matters - your body isn't better, have you even lost any weight?' I was about to answer, but he went on. 'I'd believe you if i saw any changes in your body, if your body was getting fixed, but it's not, it's all a failure.'

I think what astounded me the most is that this is one of the few people i've ever mentioned my insecurities about my body to. And he just threw it in my face. This is exactly what i meant earlier about not wanting anyone to have something to use against me. I wish it didn't get to me so much, but i feel like a like a pile of crap now. I was feeling so optimistic today. Well, this sucks.

My attempt at making myself feel better : he didn't say your body is bad to begin with - just that it isn't getting better with all your efforts. At least that's my attempt at spinning it into a positive light, lol. We were with one other person, and once he left, i asked her "how could he just make fun of my body like that?" and she looked shocked and said "I didn't hear him make fun of your body...". But I don't know. It's still kicking me while I'm down, and it feels like an attack on how my body looks. I'm both furious and hurt by it. Maybe this will be my motivation to keep on track. I don't want to feel this way ever again.
    Last edited by Driedmango; 06-15-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    QOTD~Happiness Detect a theme?

The following is for illustration purposes.

Last year we fostered a couple dogs who had been fed bread and cereal, low protein things. The female was flabby, flabby, flabby with no muscles. Within just a couple weeks of a higher protein, lower junk diet she was sleek, trim and well muscled. She was adopted at five weeks and her new owners couldn't get over how fit and trim she was. The moral of this story? Protein builds muscles. Does that help?

If you are on Facebook, look up the Fitness Diva page. Inspiring.
    To be happy is what i would've answered too. That's a great story - hopefully mine ends the same way.
    I'll have a look!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    It's really your choice to do what you want with all aspects of your life, free of judgment from others, particularly friends. I expect him to make a complete apology. Showing concern is one thing, but calling your attempts to make a positive change in your health a total failure is pretty assholeish.

Btw, pocky is fantastic. I used to eat that stuff all the time.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    Saturday, 15th June 2013

Thoughts and Stuff

So i just had an argument with someone i've known practically all my life, and he decided to tell me that everything i've chosen to focus on in my life (recently) is fickle and a failure anyway. When asked to give an example, he said 'your diet and your fitness plan'. I was floored. I said that it does work, and as i was about to say how much stronger i am, he went on.

'It doesnt matter what you say, it's what people see that matters - your body isn't better, have you even lost any weight?' I was about to answer, but he went on. 'I'd believe you if i saw any changes in your body, if your body was getting fixed, but it's not, it's all a failure.'
    Sounds like this guy isn't happy with himself. He's just trying to project that on you. He must really have a low self esteem.

Realize that you are doing something right or he wouldn't have felt the need to try and tear you down!

max219 is offline Senior Member
    I agree completely Brooke. I don't know this guy, but I wouldn't hesitate to call him an asshole based on that scenario. Seems like he is taking some sort of anger out on you. Don't let him tear you down, Driedmango. Keep your head up and stay focused, don't let the negative hurdles knock you down. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It's really your choice to do what you want with all aspects of your life, free of judgment from others, particularly friends. I expect him to make a complete apology. Showing concern is one thing, but calling your attempts to make a positive change in your health a total failure is pretty assholeish.

Btw, pocky is fantastic. I used to eat that stuff all the time.
    I know, i was just surprised by it. It felt like such an unnecessary attack. But it just made me all the more determined to prove him wrong. He's never been one to apologize, so i wont hold my breath. I've decided that his opinion is completely irrelevant to me. That wasn't an attempt at helping me, it was just an attempt to tear me down.

Haha it is reallyy yummy. The almond is my favorite, but there's this japanese store near my house that sells soooo many flavours.

Thank you so much for your input/support Mr.Derrrrp!

Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Sounds like this guy isn't happy with himself. He's just trying to project that on you. He must really have a low self esteem.

Realize that you are doing something right or he wouldn't have felt the need to try and tear you down!
    I agree actually...he's got a lot of weight he wants/needs to lose, as well, lol. I guess it's easier to knock someone else, rather than work on fixing yourself.

Thank you lots and lots for your support, Brooke!

<3

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    I agree completely Brooke. I don't know this guy, but I wouldn't hesitate to call him an asshole based on that scenario. Seems like he is taking some sort of anger out on you. Don't let him tear you down, Driedmango. Keep your head up and stay focused, don't let the negative hurdles knock you down. Good luck!
    Haha thank you so much, Max! It's pretty crazy that you guys on here are giving me so much support, whereas someone i've known for ages is just being a bully. I'm definitely going to stay on track

I appreciate all the support sooo much!
    I'd give you all hugs for days if i could

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast