Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey To Happiness - A Magical Land Where I'm Finally Content page 3

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I have found that protein and fat for breakfast keep me satieted most of the day. Heavy amounts of fruit like you are eating just do not fill me up. take a good look at how much protein and fat you are actually getting.

Typical day for me would be a meat, veggie, egg fritatta in the morning made with butter or coconut oil, late afternoon snack of italian salami with apple slices or goat cheese (I can't do dairy, darn it) followed by a dinner of meat and veggie or sweet potato. Every so often I'll have blackberries with goat yogurt for dessert. Everybody is different but I do not experience true hunger any more.

My scale has been fickle but when I look in the mirror I am decidedly leaner these days. The number on the scale is just a data point. There are days I gain and lose 5 pounds in the SAME DAY, so cut yourself some slack. You are doing fine.
    Thank you so much for your support! I also find myself feeling less hungry when i have more meat protein - we just dont usually have any that's ready, so i end up going for fruits or, like today, something non-primal. I dont think i get much fat, except from when i use coconut oil for cooking. It still kinda scares me a bit.
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Friday, 14th June 2013 - Thoughts and Stuff

A Small Test of Willpower

If you've read the above, you know i consider today to be pretty crappy, food-wise. And now it's making me feel physically crappy. My head feels foggy, i can feel a headache coming on, i feel super dry, and i just feel heavy. This happens everrrytime i let myself eat non-primal. I don't get why I keep doing it. Ive eaten this this many calories of primal food before, and it hasnt

Anyway, i've decided that for the rest of the week and the week after,i'm going to only eat primal stuff. Just two weeks. Surely, i can manage THAT much. And i'm going to try and only count the calories at the end of the day, rather than obsess over them throughout the course of the day. Im hoping this will get me more in tune with my body and it's signals.
    I'm also absolutely not weighing myself throughout the week this time.

Aaahh wish me luck ! I'm feeling super optimistic (but i always do when i start something new. Hopefully this time it lasts!)
    Last edited by Driedmango; 06-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    You CAN do it!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

You CAN do it!!
    Haha thank you so much, honeybuns (i feel like im making a comment about your butt every time i say that, lol). I wish i believed in myself as much as you believe in me!

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    O__O I would've stared too! I just introduced deadlifts into my routine, and I can't even do half that, although I've never tried.

I don't think I've ever intentionally gone a full week of 100% Primal... it's just too restrictive. You said you've done the 21-day challenge though? Now THAT'S willpower! Especially since you live with non-Primal people in the house. Seriously, I think you have a lot more control than many people, and I'm not just saying that. Every time I make my boyfriend something with bread or pasta or grains, I just have to take at least 1 little bite! lol.

Also, I read that you say you don't have readily available meat in the house. Is there a way you could change that, maybe? Whenever I was going to school and a bit busier in general, I bought an organic brand of frozen, pre-cooked chicken breasts that didn't need to be thawed or anything, just heated. Also, you could try getting high quality deli meats (no fillers, etc) cans of tuna, gelatin (which I'm a big fan of), greek yogurt, and canned meats. Those are all good for when you're hungry and need food ASAP! =)

This seems like a great choice and a step in the right direction, but I want you to think about a few things before you decide to commit to this:
    1. Are you doing this because you think it will be less stressful than what you are doing now?
    2. Do you think that this decision will lead or orthorexic tendencies?
    3. Do you feel that you will be able to stick to 100% Primal and not weighing yourself and not counting calories all at once?

I'm not saying that you're incapable of doing this. I'm really proud that you want to make these changes in your life. However, a lot of people try to change so many things at once, and it gets to be overwhelming, and then they give up. I don't want you to give up! I want you to be able to eat good food that is healthy for you, without worrying about your weight or obsessing over calories, too. That's the only reason I'm bringing the previous questions up to you! <3
    I was soooo bad at them when i started. My lower back was really weak, so i'd be super sore for days after. Although i could do 145 right off the bat (my trainer said i was actually pretty strong considering my lack of muscle mass haha). I love the squats too, and i know i've gotten so much better there (i go so much deeper than i used to). I really love powerlifting. I thought i'd haaate it.

We have meats that id have to make a proper meal out of, and usually i'm too lazy. But i can go out and get the canned tuna/greek yogurt/deli meat. I dont know where i'd get gelatin though? I'm really excited about getting a fresh start tomorrow!

1) The week of 100% primal is because I'm tired of feeling like crap every time i eat non-primal, and feeling out of control. So i kind of want to prove to myself i DO have that willpower. I dont know about stress though, i think i'll be stressed either way. The only way im 'relaxed' is weighing everyday, lol. I'll be stressed counting and not counting calories though.
    2) I dont think it will, but i'll be putting down my thoughts/eating here, so if it does and i dont notice, im sure someone will point it out. I think?
    3) My maiiin goal is the sticking to primal 100%. I know i'll probably cave at some point with counting and weighing - but i dont mind that so much. If my eatings under control, the weighing/counting isnt too bad for me.

I'm hoping journaling it will keep me on track too!

Thank you so much for your concern! It was getting really tiresome having to just hear people tell me i'm being silly by trying to lose weight to begin with, and that im being unnatural by limiting processed stuff lol. I appreciate your support more than i can begin to explain!

You can always call me HB. Better than thinking I have a sweet ass

There is a picture on the Before and After thread I'll try and find for you. No weight change on the scale but the body is SO different! I think it was mommymd. If i find it I'll give you a link.

Hard boiled eggs are good to keep in the fridge for the "I gotta eat something!" attacks.

I actually saw her pictures, and i was pretty amazed her weight was the same in both.
    When i gained, i gained over 15lbs i think, but all my clothes from when i weighed less still fit the same. I dont know what thats all about, but im tricking myself into thinking a lot of it was muscle! But i know what you mean i'm trying not to take the scale to heart too much - i'm going to take pics and measurements every 4 weeks!

If you are lifting weights, then it is muscle!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    hey I've been sent here to help you

also lol @ the fact you can lift heavier weights than me ;_;
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    hey I've been sent here to help you

also lol @ the fact you can lift heavier weights than me ;_;
    My saviour! I've been waiting for you for so long! Help me all you want, i can definitely use it.

Haha, really? Well i think i read that you did like 30 pull ups somewhere and...i can do...0!

If you are lifting weights, then it is muscle!
    I sure hope so!
    Last edited by Driedmango; 06-14-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast