Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey To Happiness - A Magical Land Where I'm Finally Content page 16

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    I see plenty of people running around in the city, it's not a big deal around here I guess. At least it's flatter!

Yeah, that's the whole reason I do cauli-rice. I get more veggies, I get to eat more food, and I don't really miss actual rice whenever I make it. I actually do this thing with cauliflower and I make it with a sweet profile, and it comes out kind of like rice pudding, or oatmeal or something. Prettyy goood, and absolutely no guilt. Although, eating rice shouldn't make me feel guilty, but, ya know. I think I might do the cauli-rice dessert stuff tonight!
    I would, but I live on, literally, one of the busiest streets in the city. I'd be dodging people the whole time (which might be good exercise, actually).

I want cauliflower rice pudding ...
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Wednesday, 17th July 2013

Day Four Of My Little Experiment

My net died yesterday, so I couldn't post this.

Sleep
    No clue, my sleep is such utter crap lately. I keep waking up, feeling extremely hot and congested.

Exercise:
    1)Walking
    ~2 hours
    ~7 miles
    2)Fitness Blender
    Cardio Kickboxing plus Abs and Obliques Workout - Fitness Blender
    When I Say Jump HIIT Cardio Workout Round 2 - 28 Min High Intensity Interval Training - Fitness Blender
    3)Treadmill Sprints
    30 second sprint, 90 second "rest" x 15 - 30 minutes total.

Food
    Meal One: 2 HB eggs + feta cheese + 2 turkey slices
    Meal Two: Roast chicken leg and chicken livers
    Snacks: Plum, walnuts, cherries and dates
    Calories: ~1200

Thoughts and Stuff
    I'm feeling pretty good lately. I'm finding that my mind isn't as preoccupied with permanent thoughts of calories and what I'm going to eat, and when I'm going to eat, and if I'm going to just become morbidly obese overnight. Turning the focus more onto trying to optimize my health seems to be pretty useful. I'm not in denial though, and I won't lie, I still have every intention of losing body fat, and getting to somewhere I feel comfortable. The difference is I'm not actively restricting and intentionally burning off any possible extra calorie through crazy amounts of steady-state cardio. I'm really, reallyyy enjoying my exercise, and enjoying eating clean again.

I was reading up on how coconut oil can be used for acne breakouts, and saw that although some people were saying how amazing it is, and how it cleared up their skin instantly etc., some people were saying it made their skin break out like crazy. But, I noticed a slight pattern in those people: they would all leave the coconut oil on. I figure that if the CO is meant to pull toxins to the surface, leaving it on would equate to just letting all the toxins accumulate on the surface, which would lead to more break outs. Does that make sense? Either way, I tried it myself during my post-workout shower, but I made sure to wash it off, and then rubbed lemon juice on. Although I don't know if it'll come back and bite me in the ass in the long run, my skin felt and looked reallyyy good right after. I'm going to try and keep it up for a while to see what happens!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    Hello pretty lady! Thank you for welcoming me in, and welcome to mine! I've actually read quite a bit of your journal - super impressive that you were so willing to experiment and get better.
    About my recovery, I actually feel reallyyy good (in my mentality about food etc.) for the first time in a long time. I've had a bajillion health problems recently, and i think it's taken my attention off of 'omg gonna get fat' to 'ah i dont think this processed junk is going to make me feel better' a bit.
    I am in Dubai! But i reallyyy miss Montreal, which I wasn't expecting.

I'd be super happy to have your insight/input here, since you've been through all this already!

I spent three weeks in Dubai last year: how do you like it? It must be fooking hot there now!!

My advice is always going to be boring ol' "eat more"! In regards to todays post, that could be why you aren't sleeping properly. Sleep for me is a tightrope of eating the right amount of calories.

Honestly, I think I fcuked myself up by so many years of starvation and binging. You're still so young: any damage you've done is completely reversible at this stage. Can I ask how tall you are, and how much you weigh?

Interesting insight into the coconut oil!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

I spent three weeks in Dubai last year: how do you like it? It must be fooking hot there now!!

My advice is always going to be boring ol' "eat more"! In regards to todays post, that could be why you aren't sleeping properly. Sleep for me is a tightrope of eating the right amount of calories.

Honestly, I think I fcuked myself up by so many years of starvation and binging. You're still so young: any damage you've done is completely reversible at this stage. Can I ask how tall you are, and how much you weigh?

Interesting insight into the coconut oil!
    Haha did you like it? It's home for me, so i love it. I would never have realized how sedentary life here is if I hadn't moved to Canada though. It is stuuuupid hot and disgustingly humid.

I really am hoping to reverse any damage. The thought of still being like this 10 years from now kinda terrifies me - heck, even the thought of a year from now worries me.

I aaam 5'1 and last time I weighed I was 130ish (which is horrible for my height, or lack thereof). I wish the whole 'gaining to get my period back' hadn't led to so much binging! I hate that number but at least people always think I'm a lot lighter when they look at me - and i do nooot correct them haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Yeah, what Yoyo said. I used to be able to sleep, even if I'd been fasting or starving, or whatever. These days, my body will refuse sleep until I get enough food for the day. It happened the other night: I went to bed slightly hungry, woke up at like 5am starrrrving! Got up, ate ~500 cals, then slept like a baby. So, maybe if you have whatever you're going to eat for the day and THEN a soothing snack right before bed (I've heard that cherries, bananas, honey, and cow's milk are all pretty great for staying asleep) plus maybe a sleepytime tea (Yogi makes my favorite sleepy tea called Soothing Caramel Bedtime!) to see how that works out for you.

I'm really glad that you're enjoying your exercise. Have you done any Yoga recently? There's some great YouTube videos that I use all the time, and they help if you're feeling achey or sore. Plus it's kind of stress relieving, so it might help a little extra on the sleeping front.
    I wonder if that really is why my sleep's been so weird. I've actually gotten to a point where I dread going to sleep or attempting to sleep, because i wake up feeling so shitty. I'm going to try and find that tea though!

I haven't done any actual yoga in ages, just FB yoga infused stuff. I'd love some links if you have any favorite yoga vids or anything!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Re: gaining weight for amenorrhea, my n=1 was that weight itself was not a factor in whether I had my period or not. When I was 100lb I still had my period (and was eating all macros) but when I was 107lb and not eating carbs I lost my period instantly. I think it has to do with something else...
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Re: gaining weight for amenorrhea, my n=1 was that weight itself was not a factor in whether I had my period or not. When I was 100lb I still had my period (and was eating all macros) but when I was 107lb and not eating carbs I lost my period instantly. I think it has to do with something else...
    I did get my period back, by the way! I wish I hadn't blindly taken the doctor's 'no, you need to gain weight back' advice. Now that I know more, i'm certain it was more because of extreme lack of nutrition and the fact that I was practically starving myself, which lead to the rapid weight loss.
    Ah well, you live and you learn and all that jazz.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    Haha did you like it? It's home for me, so i love it. I would never have realized how sedentary life here is if I hadn't moved to Canada though. It is stuuuupid hot and disgustingly humid.

I really am hoping to reverse any damage. The thought of still being like this 10 years from now kinda terrifies me - heck, even the thought of a year from now worries me.

I aaam 5'1 and last time I weighed I was 130ish (which is horrible for my height, or lack thereof). I wish the whole 'gaining to get my period back' hadn't led to so much binging! I hate that number but at least people always think I'm a lot lighter when they look at me - and i do nooot correct them haha.
    I have a thing for skyscrapers, so I did like Dubai from that aspect! I think it's a beautiful city - like something out of Star Wars. Do you live there permanently? Yeah, the heat makes you immobile, but saying that I did see lots of ex-Pats going for runs along the marina! And there are tons of pools, gyms and yoga classes. I actually taught a few workshops there.

I'm guessing that 130lbs = a lot of muscle! Especially if people don't think you weigh that much. I would look at body fat % rather than what the scales say anyway. What would you say yours is? The reason I ask is cos you are really under-eating and I want to know how much weight you legitimately have to lose
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast