Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey To Happiness - A Magical Land Where I'm Finally Content page 14

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Saturday, 13th July 2013

Sorry for not keeping on top of the journal - it's just really annoying with no computer. I'm going back home tomorrow, so I'll be journaling properly again.
    I actually fell asleep really early (forced myself to, actually) because the pain I get under my chest bone was really severe and I was having difficulty breathing. I understand that when I binge, but I hadn't binged yesterday, so I don't get it.

Anyway, i'll be back to happy journaling tomorrow! And i'll start over with my little primal experiment then (although most of what i've been eating is dates and nuts - i want to have the entire thing 'documented').

Can't wait to go home! I've missed exercising - i think i have an exercise addiction, lol. And my dad said he'd go to the sports equipment store with me tomorrow to look at barbells and racks - I've missed heavy lifting sooo much.

I hope your day is absolutely brilliant (whoever reads this, that is)

ETA: Forgot the question of the day!
    Question Of The Day
    What's your favorite type of exercise and what changes do you feel exercise makes on your body (mentally or physically)?
    Last edited by Driedmango; 07-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Ah, that kind of "big change." All I can say, is that you can't wait for something to happen in your life in order to change yourself. You will end up procrastinating your life away when your attitude toward improving your life is, "When THIS happens, theeeennn... everything will be perfect!"

I think it's perfectly normal for your body image to play a big role in your life. Everyone cares about what they look like, but go about trying to look good in different ways. I don't really know what you look like (I would love to see you though, so I can help you with your goals and probably help you to realize that you're closer to what you WANT to look like than you think. Also I could really know what you look like for myself instead of relying on your silly skewed view of yourself! lol) but having this balance of loving to exercise and keeping your mental health in check can be one of the hardest things to figure out. You don't want to seem crazy about exercise, you don't want to seem lazy either, and you can't think/talk about it too much for fear of being called an addict or whatever. I know. I get it. It's hard. But ... I really believe that you can find the balance (and so can I!) as long as you work through the emotional barriers that you may have against your body and with exercise. Working out is a tool, not a weapon.

I love reading your journal and staying in contact with you! I'm the one who persuaded you to start one up, I'm not just going to leave you high and dry without keeping up! :P

QOTD! Exerciiiise. My favorite exercises change all the time. A while ago, I was really into pilates and yoga. Then I got into cardio, running, biking. Now I'm really loving lifting weights and doing HIIT/tabata type stuff. Right now, though, I specifically really enjoy doing lifts that are extra hard for me to accomplish! Whenever I can finally make all of the reps, or finish a whole set without taking breaks, it makes me feel so accomplished. Physically, I get sore, and it makes me happy because I know I'm getting stronger and better than I was yesterday. Mentally, I work out and it gives me this happy sensation, like I'm actually doing something right for myself. It helps everything to seem a little less stressful.
    I knoww, I need to kick my own ass into action, haha. I probably should get a picture and show you, so i could get an honest perspective instead of my own jaded view. Orrr it would make things awkward if i really am huge and you have to tell me, lol!

I think the key would be to completely disassociate exercise and weight loss and just focus on fitness + loving exercise. I think i already seem crazy to some people because of how active i am and how often i talk about exercise - it makes me feel reallyyy awkward sometimes.

Haha i'm glad - i'm always like 'what if no one reads it though? Waiiit, Ci's here!' and i perk up again.

I'm the same, i used to love cardio, now i'm all about the heavy lifting. I never thought i'd miss the barbell so much!

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I'm reading your journal too, friend.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I'm reading your journal too, friend.
    Why thank youuu mr.derp!
    I'm not too certain why i always feel i have to add mister when addressing you..

Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    Why thank youuu mr.derp!
    I'm not too certain why i always feel i have to add mister when addressing you..
    It makes me feel old...

It makes me feel old...
    Haha no, i'm pretty sure you aren't that much older than me. It's either mr.derp (due to your waterfall of wisdom) or derpalicious (because you remind me of gummy bears - which are delicious). Your pick!

I'm actually a teenage girl anyway, so Derpalicious it is

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    hah, I'd be honest with you, but it would never be awkward to show me your photo! If you have weight to lose, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's just so normal these days. It would be awkward if you thought that you were like, super scrawny and actually you were huge! But, I'll never know until I see what you're workin' with. lol!

Disassociating exercise with weight is a great idea. I try to do that all the time. I've been thinking about entering some kind of competition -- something small, like a 5k or whatever -- nothing too crazy! Just so that I have a goal in the future to work towards. Everyone always asks me, "what's your goal in fitness?" and I really don't know! I'm always just like, "to be in shape? I dunno!" But then, they point out that I'm already in shape, so .... to stay in shape forever? It gets confusing to other people. But ... if we're being honest here, a lot of things I choose to do in my life confuse other people!
    You have to be like 'i wanna be the very best, that no one ever was'.
    Yes i made a pokemon reference and if you don't get it, i'll crawl into a corner and sing the theme song to myself.
    I think i will get a picture soon then! Would be good to get some clear-eyed advice.
    Also, definitely join a competition. You'd probably win!

I'm actually a teenage girl anyway, so Derpalicious it is
    I was going to say 'me too!' as a joke, then I remembered I am a teenage girl...
    Derpalicious sounds good to me, i just picture you as a giant gummy bear now. Deeeeerpppaaliiciious!

Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    I was going to say 'me too!' as a joke, then I remembered I am a teenage girl...
    Derpalicious sounds good to me, i just picture you as a giant gummy bear now. Deeeeerpppaaliiciious!
    A gummy bear that eats gummy bears

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast