Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Journey To Happiness - A Magical Land Where I'm Finally Content page 12

Driedmango is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tuesday, 2nd July 2013

Sleep:
    1.30 - 10.30

Exercise:
    All I've really been doing lately is exercise videos and walking.

Walking:
    ~Two hours of walking
    ~7 miles

Fitness Blender Videos:
    Lower Body Toning Workout - 56 Minute Butt and Thigh Tabata Workout - Fitness Blender
    Quick and Intense Bodyweight HIIT Cardio Workout - Blenders HIIT Harder! - Fitness Blender
    I wasn't motivated enough to try and figure out how to do the lizard hop, so I just replaced it with bench jumps.

Food
    Breakfast: Smoked turkey deli slices + strawberry yogurt
    Lunch: Cream of mushroom soup (1 cup) + smoked turkey deli slices
    Dinner: Cream of mushroom soup (1 cup) + strawberry yogurt
    Snacks: A plum, a mango, some strawberries and some cherries
    The turkey ended up hurting my stomach when I swallowed again, so both times I gave up and went for soup/yogurt. The mango/plum/strawberries went down okay, but the cherries started to hurt too.

Thoughts and Stuff
    I finally fixed my sleep pattern, yaaay! It was a really lazy day, I spent most of it watching Disney with my younger sister (guilty pleasure of mine, haha).
    The stomach pain stuff is starting to annoy/scare me. But I'm going in for a check up tomorrow, and I guess I'll find out what's going on.
    Not much going on today apart from that, but I'm feeling pretty content, so that's good

Question Of The Day
    What's something you've always wanted to be given as a gift? And what would you consider the best gift you've ever received?

And there's a light in the distance waiting for me, and I will wait for you
    Attitudes are contagious, make yours worth catching.

Quote Originally Posted by CiKi90 View Post
    Well, it sounds like you're just retaining water/fluid instead of your body using it up. Maybe see if you can get magnesium, potassium and sodium in your diet (coconut water, bananas, salting your food liberally) to balance things out. traveling is always horrible on my system so just take it easy. Maybe lay off the exercise a little, or at least ease up if you don't feel good!

Answer of the Day:
    I've really always wanted lasik eye surgery, lol. A long time ago, my mom said that she would try and get the surgery for me, but that never happened. I tried to save up on my own, but that didn't work out either. My boyfriend has been talking about it, too, but we haven't gotten very far in the discussion! But it's what I've always wanted, ever since I knew it existed!
    I think the best gift I ever received was a 3-week long trip with my boyfriend to Paris, with a 3-day mini-trip to Rome during the summer. I love traveling so much, and I can't wait to go to more places around the world! Which makes me want to ask you, what's Dubai like? Is it very different?
    You should bring up the lasik with your SO again, then. I would definitely have done it by now, if it was an option for me!
    Well it depends, different to what? If we're talking about Canada, the most apparent difference would be that you can't walk anywhere (wayyy too hot and usually things will be too far). And around the summer, not much outdoorsy stuff can take place (because the weather is so extreme here, lol). So most outings are in the shopping malls (but then again, one of the shopping malls has an indoor ski thingy lol). And of course, there's the beach! But it's great you should come visit!

Thursday, 4th July 2013

Totally spaced out and fell asleep at around 6 pm yesterday, so I didn't post, but oh well!

Sleep
    18.30 - 1.30 and 2.30 - 6.30

Exercise
    1) Walking
    ~2 hours
    ~7 miles
    2) Exercise Video
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/work...ms-Workout/ei/

Food
    Meal one: Flat iron steak with broccoli
    Meal two: Turkey deli slices
    Snacks: a mango, a banana and a maple syrup lollipop
    Calories: ~1000

Thoughts and Stuff
    I went to the doctor this morning to get the stomach pain thing checked out, and apparently I have Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD - that always makes me giggle). A fancy shmancy way of saying the acid in my stomach caused 'mucosal damage' in my oesophagus. Basically the sphincter at the end of my oesophagus isn't functioning properly so the acid creeps up. Apparently it can be permanent, but i really reallyyy hope not. I have meds for it now, but it's super annoying.
    Spicy food, fatty/fried food and sugar also all apparently increase irritation. Weird stuff. The doctor just said 'there's lots of reasons why it happens' and i just didn't think to ask what. Google is my friend!
    Last night i had a major bout of anxiety whilst thinking of the future. Will i always have such a messed up relationship with food? Will i always count every little calorie? Am i always going to be like this?
    Ah well. Aside from all that, today was pretty mellow.

Question Of The Day
    If you think back over the past few years, have you drastically changed in any way? Is there something you thought you'd never shake that just faded away over time?

I'm posting all this from my phone because i'm too lazy to get to the laptop - pretttyyy bad.
    Last edited by Driedmango; 07-05-2013 at 06:51 AM.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    You guys spell things funny. Regarding the GORD (or GERD), please be careful. Your doc probably prescribed you anti-acids, but more often than not it is caused by having too LITTLE stomach acid. If that is the case for you, you can damage yourself further by taking those meds.

QOTD: over the past few years everything has changed: depression, anxiety, general outlook and approach to life. Some parts of me changed merely because I got older, moved away from a stressful environment, met new people, took drugs, stopped thinking so damn much, found new interests, figured out what was important / not important to me. Nothing can be forced, it just happens.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    You guys spell things funny. Regarding the GORD (or GERD), please be careful. Your doc probably prescribed you anti-acids, but more often than not it is caused by having too LITTLE stomach acid. If that is the case for you, you can damage yourself further by taking those meds.

QOTD: over the past few years everything has changed: depression, anxiety, general outlook and approach to life. Some parts of me changed merely because I got older, moved away from a stressful environment, met new people, took drugs, stopped thinking so damn much, found new interests, figured out what was important / not important to me. Nothing can be forced, it just happens.
    Haha we do. I was in a British high school and stuff, so that might be it. I always alternate between American and British spelling, but meh. He did prescribe one anti-acid, and one thingy that coats the esophagus before I eat. I don't know if it's just a placebo effect, but the pain already seems to be improving.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you're just a little ball of wisdom, lol. I definitely know that you can't really force changes, as far as psychological aspects go, but I can't seem to stop trying. I'm glad things have gotten/are getting better for you though .
    Ah, that's awful that you got GERD, but at least they knew what it was right away, when you went to the doctor. As someone who struggled with having unknown GI issues for years and years, it's a relief to know that you aren't having trouble just getting a diagnosis. I hope the meds help everything out a lot and your eating habits go back to normal!

QOTD: I have changed a lot over the last few years, I guess. I changed my major in college, became undecided with that, have started to relax a bit when it comes to social anxiety, and have gotten a lot more interested in my overall health rather than just being skinny. My views on what's healthy and what isn't (food-wise) has also changed, as well as my weight, and my anorexia changed to orthorexia, kinda. I also realized how much my family effects my mental health, and made decisions accordingly. I thought I would never be able to get as strong and healthy as I am right now, and I thought I would never be able to relax as much as I do now, although I really don't relax that much! Lol! Oh -- and I always used to make cupcakes and desserts for people and bring them to parties, but I reaaaaaallly don't find that to even be remotely fun anymore, even though at the time I thought I'd be obsessed with it forever!
    It was pretty funny, he just kept poking my stomach, and I'm super ticklish, so I had to struggle to stop myself laughing and stop myself going like "stahhhppp, stahp poking ma bellyyyy".

I think your progress is amazing, lol. And I can relate to a lot of what you're saying (although I haven't found my way out of the tunnel, quite yet). I actually also used to always make cupcakes and desserts for others, now I'm like "meh, do I have to?" if someone asks, lol. For what it's worth, I think you have a kickass figure, by the way. Definitely looks strong, but feminine at the same time. Is it weird that that's the kind of body I'm aiming towards ? Although it seems like it would take light years for me to get there. *Shrug* Never hurt to aim high!

Friday, 5th July 2013

Sleep

10.30 - 5.30 and a nap from 11.30 - 13.45ish.
    Can't seem to actually fix my sleep pattern.

Exercise
    Just walked for an hour, around 3 miles. Wanted to just take it easy today.

Food
    Meal one: Turkey deli slices + yogurt
    Meal two: Portuguese grilled chicken
    Meal three: Portuguese grilled chicken left overs
    Snacks: Cup of soup, a mango, a banana and a cob of corn
    Calories: ~1700-1800
    I was actually really ravenous today, which I think is kinda weird considering I was very inactive. I ate sooo much chicken.
    Cravings: Frozen yogurt aaand a cheeseburger, thanks to Om's cheeseburger pic.

Thoughts and Stuff
    DOOONUTS. There were sooo many donuts in the house today. And these cuuute mini donuts. But I didn't have any, just because I didn't want to risk aggravating my oesophagus or whatever. Aaand I didn't want to trigger a binge. Which, I feel would also damage my oesophagus. Speaking of which, I have this weird hollow, gnawing feeling where I usually get the pain when I swallow. Of course, I googled it, and google spat out "peptic ulcer" (and said that a symptom of peptic ulcers is displaying symptoms of GORD/GERD). I don't know though, google also tends to spit out cancer cancer cancer. But I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and see if he has any thoughts.
    I actually almost went and did a bunch of exercise videos because I felt I ate too much, but I managed to talk myself out of it. Whiiiich I consider a little success - I definitely would never have talked myself out of it before. It's not huge, but hey, I'll take it. I am looking forward to working out tomorrow though (just because I actually genuinely enjoy exercise). But I miss powerlifting, since I don't have access to a power lifting cage thingy...or a barbell, yet . Fitness blender videos and walking it is, for now!

Question Of The Day
    Has someone ever convinced you (or tried to) to do something you really didn't want to do, or something you felt was wrong? If so what was it, and how did it turn out? If they tried and failed, what stopped you from caving?

A voice beckoned gently,
    "Now it's time to go"
    A requiem played as you begged for forgiveness
    "Don't touch me," I screamed,
    "I've got unfinished business!"

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Driedmango View Post
    Haha we do. I was in a British high school and stuff, so that might be it. I always alternate between American and British spelling, but meh. He did prescribe one anti-acid, and one thingy that coats the esophagus before I eat. I don't know if it's just a placebo effect, but the pain already seems to be improving.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you're just a little ball of wisdom, lol. I definitely know that you can't really force changes, as far as psychological aspects go, but I can't seem to stop trying. I'm glad things have gotten/are getting better for you though .
    Cool. if it's working for you, keep at it.

And you're right, you can't force changes. You can, however, put yourself in situations where a change is likely to occur.

In response to Ci's response to QOTD: If you're a naturally kind, caring, concerned, and giving person, there are people who will take advantage of that. You have to learn how to keep yourself open without letting everyone in..
    Last edited by ombat; 07-05-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Yeah, I know how you feel, I am so ticklish that some people can just look at me and wiggle their hands like they MIGHT tickle me, and I'll scream! Haha, it's awful.

Thanks for the compliment! It means a lot that you're aiming toward my figure ... it's kind of hard to believe that I've gotten to this point, actually! I don't really know what your body looks like right now, but I do see how much you work out, which is a looot! You definitely have the dedication to sculpt your body in any way that you're aiming for. Pretty soon, you're going to pass me up (if you already haven't! lol!)

Also, it really takes a lot to avoid tiny cute donuts everywhere, lol! I'm not sure if you have as big of a sweet tooth as I do, but I know it'd definitely take me a loooot of avoiding the donut area to not sneak a few.

Question of the Day: People always try to get me to do things for them, all the time. I think it's just the kind of person that I come off as. I mean, I love to do things for people, but it gets irritating to only have people contact me when they want me to do something! Like I said before, I always used to make baked goods/tiny cupcakes and bring them out to parties, but then people would sometimes ask me to make cakes and stuff for them for a party or their birthday ... when I didn't even know them! If it was someone I knew, I would never have a problem, but I often got people just trying to get free stuff outta me and they didn't even know my name .. just "That one Cupcake Chick." lol! Yeah, the whole reason that I stopped making them (other than it getting really expensive) was that I felt people no longer appreciated the gesture, and just started to expect it from me. Other than that, people always try to convince me to drink alcohol, but I never give in!
    Haha I'm the same (the tickling thing).

I don't think you realize how good your figure is! I think a looot of women would strive for that kind of figure if they saw your pictures. I am starting to realize I'm a looot more active than my brain registers. But I actually do enjoy it, and i get antsy when I don't exercise. My issue is mostly psychological and food related though. If i don't binge, i don't doubt I can meet my body image goals.

Buuut i definitely haven't beat you haha. I'm still soft and stuff, whereas you're all lean.

As for the QOTD, maybe you come off as a bit too nice? Anyone i made cupcakes for was always super happy about it, which is the only reason i did it. You need to put your tough face on!

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Cool. if it's working for you, keep at it.

And you're right, you can't force changes. You can, however, put yourself in situations where a change is likely to occur.

In response to Ci's response to QOTD: If you're a naturally kind, caring, concerned, and giving person, there are people who will take advantage of that. You have to learn how to keep yourself open without letting everyone in..
    I agree. I'm trying to kind of expand my horizons and put myself out there a little more. I think I really need a change - and a big one at that. What I've been doing clearly hasn't been working for me, anyway. Just need to figure out something new to throw myself into. Or something like that, my train of thought is pretty frazzled at the moment, haha. Sorry if i'm not making very much sense!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Saturday, 6th July 2013

Sleep

22.30 - 3.00 and 5.00 - 11.00

Exercise
    1) Walking
    ~2 hours
    ~7 miles
    2) Fitness Blender
    Fit is Better than Skinny ? Upper Body Strength & Cardio Training Workout - Fitness Blender
    Pilates Abs and Obliques, Workout - 26 Minute Fitness Blender Online Pilates Class - Fitness Blender
    Felt like my recovery from the cardio intervals in the first video was off, and I was out of breath a lot. Doesn't usually happen, so that was weird.
    And pilates is hard. I was so confused, I had no clue if I was doing the imprint thing right. My abs hurt though, so maybe?

Food
    Meal one: Yogurt + turkey slices
    Meal two : Sushiiii and seafood dumplings.
    Meal three: Frozen yogurt
    Snacks: Pineapple
    Calories: ~1150

Thoughts and Stuff
    Not much, today was a good day, over all. No blimps on the radar or anything. I'm happy!
    Oh! I did have that bingey feeling at some point, and I was thiiiis close to ordering a bajillion baked goods to take home. But I didn't another mini success!

Question Of The Day
    What's your biggest pet peeve?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast