Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stupidest Weight Loss Advice page 6

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    The worst diet advice I've ever heard, and I hear it every day (including here) is

"Listen to your body".

Uh...no thanks. My body is a lousy conversationalist. From now on my body is going to listen to me.
    Yes, that. And my body has been taking advice from a seriously twisted mind for more than 35 years.

I don't want to over think all this, but the insane has been leading the blind!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    "Brush your teeth so you don't feel tempted to eat anything. The minty taste will make food taste bad."

Um, yeah, taste bad for 4 seconds until the next bite overrides it. Besides, chocolate tastes good with mint.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Actual conversation between me and my personal trainer.

Trainer: ...There is no magic pill.

Me: Oh sure there is. *puffs as she gives me a funny look* Unfortunately, it involves tapeworms.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Sensa sprinkles.

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    It's not THE stupidest, but I'm sick of being told quite insistently that if I want to lose weight, I HAVE to eat breakfast. That if I don't I'm effing up my metabolism and totally overeating later in the day because I'm making myself hungry. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    "Brush your teeth so you don't feel tempted to eat anything. The minty taste will make food taste bad."

Um, yeah, taste bad for 4 seconds until the next bite overrides it. Besides, chocolate tastes good with mint.
    That one actually does help me with the sweets cravings that often come after a savory meal.

Oh, I just remembered THE stupidest advice, although it was an ad so I'm not sure if it counts. "You must drink this protein supplement product before bed! If not, your body will go into starvation mode overnight and your metabolism will slow down!" I'm sorry, but my body is not a moron - it knows the difference between a famine and going to sleep.

Penady is offline Senior Member
    Don't eat anything after 6pm...so, if I eat 4000 calories at 5:30pm that makes it ok

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Violette_R View Post
    You must drink this protein supplement product before bed!
    So many of those shakes and bars say "PACKED with protein to keep hunger at bay" and it's like 5~10g of soy isolate.

The stupidest advice is usually to fill up on "No X" or "X-free" foods. People focus so much on the negatives they neglect the purpose of eating. How did we survive before barcodes?
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast