Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupidest Weight Loss Advice page 4

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    ....and if all else fails, there is the cotton ball diet.
    Tastes great with soya sauce!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

little vase is offline Senior Member
    The worst diet advice I've ever heard, and I hear it every day (including here) is

"Listen to your body".

Uh...no thanks. My body is a lousy conversationalist. From now on my body is going to listen to me.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Eat a diet of boiled eggs and grapefruit juice.

The boiled eggs will help with weight loss

The grapefruit juice will nullify the "unhealthy" effects of the cholesterol on your heart
    I just boil my eggs in grapefruit juice in order to cut out the middle man.

SWLA - "Oh, you ate <insert ton of non-primal crap here>? That is okay, just do better tomorrow. Call it your 20%"

Sure that works if you do it on say Thanksgiving (or another very rare occasion). It does not work if you do it 4 times a week.

Enabling is not encouragement.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Anti-depressants will help you lose weight!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    The worst diet advice I've ever heard, and I hear it every day (including here) is

"Listen to your body".

Uh...no thanks. My body is a lousy conversationalist. From now on my body is going to listen to me.

Ain't that the truth! Listening to my body got me fat in the first place! Now it can listen to me.

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Divorce also. I once lost 175 unwanted pounds just by signing a form.
    Hahahaha!!! I lost the same amount of wt. doing this too!

Unfortunately, I also lost about 40 lbs prior to that due to stress and nursing a baby before I signed on the dotted line (right after my mom told my I looked like shit - she's tactfully honest and I love it).

I DON'T recommend stress for a diet but it could be consider a STUPID way to lose weight for some.

nikitakolata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    I DON'T recommend stress for a diet but it could be consider a STUPID way to lose weight for some.
    That remind me of my sister. She's naturally thin but she keeps saying she's going to write a diet book called "Worrying Works" because whenever she's anxious she loses her appetite. She jokingly tells me to have an affair and then the stress of screwing things up with my husband will cause me to be unable to eat so I'll lose weight.

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
    That remind me of my sister. She's naturally thin but she keeps saying she's going to write a diet book called "Worrying Works" because whenever she's anxious she loses her appetite. She jokingly tells me to have an affair and then the stress of screwing things up with my husband will cause me to be unable to eat so I'll lose weight.
    Well, I guess that'd be one way to do it. Ha!

Both of my younger sisters are stress eaters and pack on the pounds with it. One of them also gets horrible acne because of it, which must suck when your over 40. I'd rather have my kind of stress if I had a choice.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Start smoking. You'll be so addicted to having a cigarette in your mouth at all times there won't be any room for food! All the models are doing it!
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Well, demonizing a particular macronutrient is the equivalent of saying avoid ALL carbs when you are advised to avoid almost all of the sources that they come from: grains, sweeteners, fruits, tubers, starchy vegetables, and dairy. Advising one to adhere to a diet of meats and non-starchy vegetables doesn't exactly scream eat ALL TEH CARBS!
    J3nn, please chill. I think this thread was meant to be poking light hearted fun at all extreme and silly things such as the cabbage soup diet.
    You poked a little fun at low carb so I poked a little fun at Peatarianism. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast