Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots page

Cathartes is offline Member

"Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots

Shop Now
    So the New York Magazine's Grub Street just published a article documenting the "Rise of the Lady Paleos". Since you were wondering, ladies, the new Paleo lady (not women: we're ladies) is perky, dresses in polka dots, and likes to make paleo banana porridge. See, men like it because they can be manly cavemen and eat steaks, but we're attracted to it because it makes us thin, and you know how us ladies love diets!

The history of the Paleo diet? Well, Loren Cordain started it, and then Robb Wolf wrote a book about it, and then after that, the women just couldn't resist it. Since we're Robb Wolf fan girls, you see. It's not as though we think on our own, like autonomous, intelligent, full-grown human beings, or anything like that.

Further undermining their credibility is the fact that they're all "sporty, healthy [and] attractive". I know, clearly they just got healthy to sell books! It has nothing to do with the fact that what they've been doing might work. Sheesh.

Now, all these ladies have books coming out! Not that it makes them credible or anything like that, cause they're just ladies cooking like ladies, and science confuses them. Paleo works, these ladies claim. "How? Well ... they're not exactly sure. "I'm not a nutritionist, and I'm not a scientist," [Diane] Walker says." Gosh, the fact that she can't explain evolutionary history, the H. sapiens digestive system, and autoimmunity in a single sound bite really does punch holes in this already dubious fad diet.

I would have an opinion on this, but since I'm a lady Paleo, I'll just have to wait for one of our beloved (male) leaders to figure it out for me.

Link, here, ladies (you have to click on it to read...it's science. SO CONFUSING): The Rise of the Lady Paleos: How a Dubious Diet Aimed at Men Appeals to Women, Too -- Grub Street New York

I've got to run--I have some banana porridge to cook up!

*the article is real, this is satire.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Projection. They can't imagine people not being blind followers as they are.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait until my man comes home so he can read this to me. Thanks for sharing!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Searching everywhere for polka dots.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I can't wait until my man comes home so he can read this to me. Thanks for sharing!
    That's adorable.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    For the love of Pete! I'm about to buy a meat locker, and if they try and get between me and my steak- I'd love to show them what a cavewoman can do
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Paleobird Guest
    I'm sorry, I don't have time to read this now. I have to go put on my polka dot dress and get dinner ready for my big hunky caveman.

Maybe he can read the article to me since I obviously can't understand such complex stuff.

Toodles!!!

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    What? I have to wear pokadots now? Oh Hell no!
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Cathartes is offline Member
    Great idea! I'm really excited to help get the word out! I was so confused before, and now I feel a lot better! At least, I think so. I'm not sure!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    Great idea! I'm really excited to help get the word out! I was so confused before, and now I feel a lot better! At least, I think so. I'm not sure!
    No, no, the men told you it's ok, so that makes it ok. Don't worry your pretty little head about it any more
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast