Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots page 5

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That article is terrible. Must have been written by a woman...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That woman to which you refer is actually quite famous.
    It's the actress Raquel Welch in her really well known role in the movie One Million Years BC. Not exactly a great film, but the photo you see has become pretty iconic.
    I'm going to assume that is why it was chosen, as it reflects "paleo" humans.
    This photo being the last poster Andy Dufresne had hanging in his cell in the movie The Shawshank Redemption.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Question. Does anyone actually have a recipe for banana porridge? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Zoop 1 very ripe banana (and a few berries if desired) with about a cup of egg whites (or a couple of whole eggs), cinnamon and sea salt in a Magic Bullet. Microwave for 2 minutes in a deep bowl. Mix with a fork. If consistency is not to your liking give it another minute to cook. You can get a souffle/mug cake in the end as all solids.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Cyborcat is online now Senior Member
    Heh--I actually wrote a little artical about my (positive) experience with paleo and I used that same image of Raquel, just to be silly. Kinda makes me cringe seeing the same image used to bash people like me.

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    LOL!

All right, ladies, that's enough with the chit-chat. It makes us men-folk nervous when you start to resemble someone thinking independently. Leave the fancy larnin' to us, and that includes the satire. We men-folk don't care for sassin', back-talk, or clever business.
    Thank you sir! I almost had a thought until I read this, I'm so glad you came along and saved me from fancy larnin' clever business. I'll just take my sporty, healthy, attractive self back into the kitchen now
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.” -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    That's why we womens have smaller feets you know... so my husband tells me.
    So we can stand closer to the sink and stove for the cooking and the cleanin.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That's why we womens have smaller feets you know... so my husband tells me.
    So we can stand closer to the sink and stove for the cooking and the cleanin.
    Yes, sweetheart. That's called "Natural Selection." I'd try to explain how it works, but it requires rational thought, of which your adorable little lady brain is incapable.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    thrones_tena-300x200.png

As a Northerner, I think they can take their polka dots and shove them...

Cathartes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    That article is terrible. Must have been written by a woman...
    That explains the lack of science... It's so hard to do science with a teensy lady-brain!

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    I think she puts the diet down because she is afraid of it. If she actually tested it to see if there was anything to it she might end up putting some meat on her bony frame and no longer fit into a zero. If that happened then might run her out of the city.

Sierra Tishgart photo

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast