Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots page 12

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    Ehhhhh to the generalization. Yeah, I've got two X chromosomes, but if I'm cooking for myself, anything other than cooking meat in a pan for 15 minutes is fancy.

I'll spend an hour to make a gluten-free chocolate truffle cake, or an apple crumble with almond topping that 8 or 10 of my family members will devour, with both gluten-free and regular folks both thinking that it's the best thing they've had all month. Call me egocentric, but unless I'm cooking for people who will be excited about how tasty my food is, I'll do the most basic thing that will nourish me and taste good.

Pay me enough or marry into my family, and I'll make you a paleo banana pudding to die for; otherwise, I'll be eating grassfed beef like a paleo bachelor and loving it. I think that what you're saying is somewhat valid, but it's more of a singleton thing than a gender thing.
    It's not really accurate to call it singleton. Single women will make the recipes far before single men will.

I haven't done a poll on all "Paleo people". I'm just judging based upon the recipe topics on this forum and blogs I've read about Paleo food. I believe every one of the blogs except a few (ironically including the very website we are using right now) were done by a woman. This could definitely be a fringe.

I'm just saying....

Quit being so offended, women.

PS- What's your price, Cathartes?
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-14-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Cathartes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    What's your price, Cathartes?
    Well, I cook for my family based on the fact that I like them and care about them. For everyone else, it's on the sliding scale of whether I like them, or whether I'd prefer for them to die a slow and painful death.

So, it really depends.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    Well, I cook for my family based on the fact that I like them and care about them. For everyone else, it's on the sliding scale of whether I like them, or whether I'd prefer for them to die a slow and painful death.

So, it really depends.
    Where am I on that sliding scale?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Where am I on that sliding scale?
    Ever played chutes & ladders? You landed on a chute.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Coming back to the original piece, I am still not sure why the original paleo was supposedly addressed to men?

I only do paleo baking or pancakes for my folks, I don't eat it myself. For myself, I have sardines, leftover meat and whole vegetables & fruit I bring to work to quickly chop and eat. When I ate eggs, I would bring a carton too to heat up. I think if I lived alone, I would live on soups, shrimp and fruit.

My folks normally like simple foods, the trick is just to cook in bulk, because they eat a lot. Grind spices, coat and roast; chop & mix; chop& steam or chop & roast basically describes 99% of what I do.
    Last edited by Leida; 06-14-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    th
    ey're all "sporty, healthy [and] attractive".
    This far its ok with me. Have to sort out the polka dot part. Wonder if a red with big black dots flamenco style apron will count as polka dot? If not, I'm in trouble.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Chute...

I don't need your fancy banana pudding anyway. I just had 8 eggs, 6 sausages, half a stick of butter, and half a block of cheese for breakfast. Plus, some grapes that I am still working on. Nature will provide.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-14-2013 at 06:09 AM.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    LMFAO. Well played sir.

I guess I am not a dude as I do 100% of the cooking in our house. I even bake once a week or so. It's all good though, I look sexy as f*ck in an apron.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    LMFAO. Well played sir.

I guess I am not a dude as I do 100% of the cooking in our house. I even bake once a week or so. It's all good though, I look sexy as f*ck in an apron.
    What color panties you wear while cooking?

I do most of the cooking as we'll, my fiancÚ has no palette
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    What color panties you wear while cooking?
    must resist urge to make a mom joke....
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast