Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots page 11

Cathartes is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells View Post
    Love it! Way to rock the polka-dots, Shells! I'm sure that Fluffy was honored to share the picture with you. (if not, that bunny was an ingrate)

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Oh, you charmer, you!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathartes View Post
    Yeah, the gender stereotypes make me stabby.

Because yeah, I make tasty, tasty food. I make fruit jam, and a (gluten free) chocolate truffle cake that my extended family devours every holiday. I wear pretty clothes and eyeliner and lipstick. I know how to knit, crochet, needlepoint, and mend. I can use a damn spinning wheel. I have an herb garden.

But I also know how to, and have, built a split rail fence, I'm the one who crawls under the sink to fix the plumbing, I use power tools, I refinish furniture for fun, and I grill like a BAMF.

So, either I'm a freak of nature, or gender stereotypes are moronic.

(by the way, I'm also EMT trained, so you want me on your side when civilization collapses)
    I like you.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-13-2013 at 08:18 PM.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I like you.
    Me too. Anyone who gives the finger that well in photographs is okay in my book.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I think she's a freak.

But then, aren't we all?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Thanks, guys! (or ladies ) I really feel loved. I like all of you, too!

primalfoodie is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by primalfoodie; 06-15-2013 at 11:05 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    does this mean i'm a guy? because all these things people keep saying women do, i don't do
    No... Did I say all women do that, and no men do? No.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    does this mean i'm a guy? because all these things people keep saying women do, i don't do
    Me neather.... *check in pants... dosent see penis* ummm think theres a problem here to.....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    There's some truth to it. Women tend to get into Paleo and try all the million recipes, especially ones aimed at replacing non-Paleo foods. Men tend to do the least work possible in order to get nutrition in their bellies. I fit the dichotomy. I've made a few recipes, but I'm waiting until I have a serious girlfriend to go full bore into them. It's otherwise wasted effort for just me.
    Ehhhhh to the generalization. Yeah, I've got two X chromosomes, but if I'm cooking for myself, anything other than cooking meat in a pan for 15 minutes is fancy.

I'll spend an hour to make a gluten-free chocolate truffle cake, or an apple crumble with almond topping that 8 or 10 of my family members will devour, with both gluten-free and regular folks both thinking that it's the best thing they've had all month. Call me egocentric, but unless I'm cooking for people who will be excited about how tasty my food is, I'll do the most basic thing that will nourish me and taste good.

Pay me enough or marry into my family, and I'll make you a paleo banana pudding to die for; otherwise, I'll be eating grassfed beef like a paleo bachelor and loving it. I think that what you're saying is somewhat valid, but it's more of a singleton thing than a gender thing.
    Last edited by Cathartes; 06-14-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast