Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lady Paleos": Apparently, We're Mindless Followers, Dressed in Polka-dots page 10

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Photos have been approved. I have nothing else to contribute. No "paleo lady" photos from this buzz-cut gal =\
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    Crap, I must not be a proper lady then.

My feet are the same length as my husband's (but his are wider).
    Who asked Sasquatch's opinion?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Ladybugs are good luck. You are bad news. I fail to see the connection.
    Good luck and the right kind of bad news are commensurate IMO.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Photos have been approved. I have nothing else to contribute. No "paleo lady" photos from this buzz-cut gal =\
    Mod!
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Who asked Sasquatch's opinion?
    I normally don't ask his opinion, I just fix something (or not).
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

wiltondeportes Guest
    There's some truth to it. Women tend to get into Paleo and try all the million recipes, especially ones aimed at replacing non-Paleo foods. Men tend to do the least work possible in order to get nutrition in their bellies. I fit the dichotomy. I've made a few recipes, but I'm waiting until I have a serious girlfriend to go full bore into them. It's otherwise wasted effort for just me.

Actually Wilton, the women in the paleo community who were interviewed for the article got into Paleo for their health issues first and foremost, then started creating recipes that many other people now follow. At least that is directly the story of at least one of them, and she was very direct with the author on this article on that point.

I read a piece by one of them today stating that if she had known how this article was going to go, and how she and her fellow writers in the paleosphere (all in the same boat according to her) were going to be treated, they would have never participated. The way they answered her questions was completely misrepresented by this journalist according to her. And that sounds about right for this level of such reporting.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    There's some truth to it. Women tend to get into Paleo and try all the million recipes, especially ones aimed at replacing non-Paleo foods. Men tend to do the least work possible in order to get nutrition in their bellies. I fit the dichotomy. I've made a few recipes, but I'm waiting until I have a serious girlfriend to go full bore into them. It's otherwise wasted effort for just me.
    does this mean i'm a guy? because all these things people keep saying women do, i don't do
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    does this mean i'm a guy? because all these things people keep saying women do, i don't do
    Same.

Must be a dude too.
    I'm not baking anything. Though I do enjoy spicing things and grilling them... it doesn't require me trying a million recipes. I just cook my food like I cook it the way I always have, but with "paleo/primal" ingredients.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Cathartes is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Yeah, the gender stereotypes make me stabby.

Because yeah, I make tasty, tasty food. I make fruit jam, and a (gluten free) chocolate truffle cake that my extended family devours every holiday. I wear pretty clothes and eyeliner and lipstick. I know how to knit, crochet, needlepoint, and mend. I can use a damn spinning wheel. I have an herb garden.

But I also know how to, and have, built a split rail fence, I'm the one who crawls under the sink to fix the plumbing, I use power tools, I refinish furniture for fun, and I grill like a BAMF.

So, either I'm a freak of nature, or gender stereotypes are moronic.

(by the way, I'm also EMT trained, so you want me on your side when civilization collapses)
    Last edited by Cathartes; 06-13-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast