Thread: Please Support My New Book If You Can page

Ron_Swanson is offline Senior Member

Please Support My New Book If You Can

Primal Fuel
    My name is John William Brisson. I have worked for a vitamin company for over 3 years, and I am currently going to school to get a degree in Biology. I have also been a practicing naturopath for the past 5 years. All of this changed for me on June 24, 2011, when my youngest son was diagnosed with CMEMS. CMEMS is an extremely rare genetical disorder (only five children have been diagnosed in the world with it other than him).

I dedicated my life to take care of my son, and in my spare time I write. I am now working on a book that I think that can help people suffering from digestive problems. I need to raise money to set up a website, hire a graphic artist, and hire a formatter as well.

This book is my life and a collection of all my work. I understand the struggle that people have when they are suffering from digestion problems. I have, myself suffered from LERD, for three years and have successfully treated myself.

A basic overview of my book, the topics in my book will include:

How the Digestive System Works

Herbal and Nutritional Supplement Listing and Information

Antibiotic Guide and Medicines Used to Treat Digestive Conditions

Tips to Improve Digestive Health

Standard Diagnostic Procedures and Information

Probiotic Guide and Information (All The Different Types and Uses)

Supplement Brand Recommendations

Protocols for Most Digestive Diseases (GERD, LERD, SIBO, Gastirits, Gastroparesis, IBS, IBD, Esophageal Motility Disorders)

Protocols for Colon Cleansing and Parasite Elimination

Protocols for Constipation, Diarrhea and food poisoning

Protocol to treat Candida, H. Pylori, and C. Diff Infections

Information on Diets

Gastrointestinal Cancer General Information and Alternative Treatments

The opening to my book:

There is an average of seventy million American’s diagnosed with digestive disorders every year. More Americans are rushing to their doctors to treat conditions like heartburn, gas, GERD, SIBO, IBS, ulcerative colitis and Crohns disease. More digestive diseases and problems are also being discovered every day. The most concerning aspect of all these conditions is that science and natural medicine are way ahead of the curve in treating all of these problems. Even though this is true most people only rely on conventional medicine. Conventional medicine is great for emergency procedures and life threatening conditions, but has a horrible tract record for treating preventable conditions and diseases.

Examples of Mainstream Medicine Being Wrong About Digestive Issues

1. Ulcers were only caused by stress and too much stomach acid. Scientists discovered in the 1980’s that H. Pylori was the main cause of stomach ulcers. Mainstream medicine didn’t accept this fact until the mid 1990’s. Millions of Americans were mistreated with antacids, H2 antagonists, and PPI’s. H. Pylori as the main cause of ulcers was never addressed during this time and may patients suffered.

2. Another common misconception is that the only cause of Heartburn is excess acid in the stomach. Since most people have a basic understanding of physics (that doctors seem not to grasp), stomach acid can't travel up the esophagus by itself because of gravity. Also the LES prevents stomach contents from leaving the stomach as much as possible (this would explain why stomach acid doesn’t come up when you lay down or are upside down). Excess stomach acid cannot be the sole reason for GERD. GERD can be caused by too little stomach acid, which over time causes gas buildup in the stomach and small intestine. GERD can also be caused by a weakened LES from gas pressure, Hiatal Hernia putting pressure on the stomach and LES, SIBO, and Lack of Digestive Enzymes leading to increased gas and food allergies.

3. Ulcerative Colitis and Crohns Disease sufferers are also having the same problem today, since science has already proved that these diseases are caused by the Mycobacterium Avium. The main source of Mycobacerium Avium in humans is improperly pasteurized milk. Mainstream medicine still treats these conditions as only autoimmune disorders sadly.

All of these can be treated with simple supplementation and lifestyle changes. Mainstream medicine will only offer medicine for the rest of one's life as an answer to these medical problems. One of the proposed reasons why the actual cause of these diseases isn’t addressed properly is because the huge amount of money that can be made if a patient is on the drug for the rest of their life.

Most doctors, pharmacists, chemists, mean well and don’t understand the damage they are doing. But most of the management of the AMA, pharmaceutical companies, and FDA are in bed with one another and lobby to keep people from true medical freedom.

Honestly, I am just a researcher and everything presented in this book is just my opinion based on research. The rest of this book is dedicated to the study and treatment of most digestive disorders for the average person. I suggest you also work with a trustworthy doctor, PA, Nurse Practitioner, Nutritionist, Naturopath or Chiropractor that can help you get on a path of better health.

Sample Protocol

SIBO / Leaky Gut Syndrome

SIBO is a medical condition where a person has too many bad bacteria in their small intestine. This is usually caused by both a poor American diet and long term use of a PPI drug (Proton Pump Inhibitor). Long term use of PPI’s causes bacteria that would normally be eliminated by stomach acid, to survive and flourish in the small intestine. Also the American diet of fermenting carbohydrates causes the bacteria to thrive and produce lots of excess gas. The lack of stomach acid also causes food proteins to be partially undigested which causes allergies to develop and this causes even more gas to build up.

The bacteria also make protective biofilms (one of the most common examples of a biofilm is the “film” found on your teeth when you don’t brush for awhile) which make eradication with antibiotics very difficult. The biofilm protect the bacteria from antibiotic treatment, bactericides, and probiotics. To destroy the opportunistic bacteria you have to also destroy the biofilm that it is hiding behind. This can be obtained by either breaking down the biofilm itself using systemic enzymes or by chelating the Iron out of the biofilm to break it up by using either Calcium Disodium EDTA or NAC.

The main symptoms of SIBO are indigestion, lots of gas, and horrible smelling deification, burps, and flatulence. Most people with IBS are walking around with SIBO as their main cause of their problems. Other symptoms of SIBO include abdominal pains, constipation and/or diarrhea, food allergies, and low grade fever. One of the biggest correlations between a condition and a disease are Rosacea and SIBO. In one major study 96% of Rosacea patients were in remission or cured for at least 9 months after taking Rifaxmin to treat their SIBO.

A hydrogen breath test is used to diagnose SIBO. It is a non-invasive fasting test done in which a doctor has you breathe into a machine that monitors the excess hydrogen or methane that is released by the extra opportunistic bacteria in your small intestine. You are either given glucose, dextrose, or lactulose and results are collected at twenty minute intervals for at least 3-5 hours. If you produce at least 20 ppm of hydrogen or methane then you are positive for sibo (but even a result of 12 ppm should be treated at the very minimum). Lactulose is the best to use because it isn’t absorbed by the intestinal tract itself. Glucose is easily absorbed by both the bacteria and the intestines. This means it can give a false reading because at least 17 ft of the small intestine will not be tested because of the quick glucose absorption.

Simple to Moderate Cases of SIBO

For 2 weeks / 4 weeks:

PERFERRED: Nature’s Way Enteric Coated Peppermint Oil: 30 min - 1 hour before meals, 2x a day

OR

Choose One Strong Anti-Microbial: Colloidal Silver (Mesosilver, Sovereign Silver, SuperNatural Silver), Oil of Oregano (North American Herb and Spice), Thorne Research Berberine 500 mg: 2 capsules a day, Allicin-C

PERFERRED: Interfase Plus - Follow Instructions Should be taken on Empty Stomach

OR CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

1,200 mg Jarrow NAC Sustain: Take 600 mg Twice a Day on Empty Stomach

Jarrow Formulas Lactoferrin: Follow Supplement Instructions (I would suggest starting at around 125 mg, if not a strong herx reaction may happen)

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp's a day

Bulletproof Diet COMBINED with FODMAP Diet for Three Months

<Enteric Coated Peppermint Oil has been found to have strong antibacterial activity in the gut and is also antispasmodic which is why it has been studied greatly for IBS.

Interfase is a great enzyme combination, the enzyme dissolves the biofilm, the Calcium Disodium EDTA chelates Iron out of the biofilm to break it up and pull the biofilm away.

The NAC or lactoferrin will do the same thing as the Interfase by chelating the Iron out of the biofilm.

Coconut Oil is used to kill any excess yeast in the colon.>

Severe Cases of SIBO

For How Long you are taking the Antibiotic:

Rifaxmin – an antibiotic that only stays in the gut and is poorly absorbed.

Interfase Plus - Follow Instructions Should be taken on Empty Stomach

OR CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING

1,200 mg Jarrow NAC Sustain: Take 600 mg Twice a Day on Empty Stomach

Jarrow Formulas Lactoferrin: Follow Supplement Instructions (I would suggest starting at around 125 mg, if not a strong herx reaction may happen)

My Work: Ultimate Digestion Health Guide - General Discussion - Bulletproof Forum

My Fundraiser: Ultimate Digestive Health Book | Indiegogo
    Last edited by Ron_Swanson; 06-13-2013 at 07:08 PM.

No comments?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Uh, in this day and age, that looks like advertising spam?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

How can I not make it look like advertising spam? If anyone wants to ask about digestion health, I'll answer. I'll even put up more of the book I am writing to help people. I'm well known over at the bulletproof forums everyone can vouch for me there. If anyone has any problems, ask me I'll try to help.

awok677 is online now Senior Member
    It looks like advertising spam because you've dived straight into the forums to promote/ask for funding for your book. Most people join in with conversations, add their experiences to the pool of general knowledge and otherwise participate by sharing how their own experiences of primal eating/living are going. If they are doing something like your book, they will have a link in their signature with a sentence or two about their book/blog/web-site, but they won't make all of every post about what they're doing. That's what's getting you ignored.

I suggest you look at some of the threads where people are posting about the issues they actually have, instead of the issues you want to talk about. If you can contribute from your knowledge to those conversations, then do so and people will be grateful, but it's not likely anyone is going to turn round and ask you specifically for advice when we don't know you. also, people start general threads to ask for advice because we all have different issues and differet approaches can have different effects, so it's rare that people are looking for one 'answer' they're looking for a cross-section of what has worked for other people to see what approaches they can try.

You could also try posting a single thread/conversation about just one of these topics and see if anyone has any experiences they woud like to share - e.g. Crohn's, which you attribute to one bacterium in dairy. You might ask if anyone has found cutting any different dietary component has made a difference, e.g. wheat rather than dairy.

These are approaches that come across as joining in rather than spamming. Just my two penn'orth.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Ok, I will prove myself.