Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page

jewelbug28 is offline Member

why am i not losing????

Primal Fuel
    I am hoping that someone is able to help me pinpoint why I am not losing anymore weight or losing hardly any body fat?? I have been following PB for over a year now and have had great success so far. I am still 28% body fat so I know that I have some more weight to lose. I am very active and lift heavy. I consume anywhere from 45-75 grams of primal carbs daily. I will IF 2-3 times weekly. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Too much fat!!!!

I am trying to decide if you mean that I am consuming too much fat or that I am carrying too much fat??

I am totally aware that I am carrying around too much fat and that is why I am actively trying to reduce my body % fat.\

Dietary wise I am consuming around 25-35 grams of healthy fat a day.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Hi jewelbug; nice to see you back. I was sorry your last thread got taken over as I would've liked to talk more to another diabetic. lets hope it doesn't happen again.
    Is your glucose adequately controlled currently?
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 06-12-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Thank You!! It is so nice to have the support of a fellow PB diabetic!!

Overall I have had the best results with my glucose. That has been a great motivator even when the scale does not move. I have increased my Metformin and that has helped with the elvated glucose post workout.

Looking at your profile.......You have had fantastic results!! Tell me what you are doing!!

Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    I am trying to decide if you mean that I am consuming too much fat or that I am carrying too much fat??

I am totally aware that I am carrying around too much fat and that is why I am actively trying to reduce my body % fat.\

Dietary wise I am consuming around 25-35 grams of healthy fat a day.
    If it is correct that you consume only 75 gram of carbs; that equals 300 calories and 35 gram of fat equals 315 calories and the rest must come from the least fattening macronutrient, protein, so something appears absurd in your setup, unless you are consuming 400 gram or more of protein per day...

Paleobird Guest
    Gorbag, please refrain from extrapolating what works for your extremely lean, never has been overweight or metabolically dysfunctional body building fanatic's body to that which is best for a person who is diabetic and has significant weight to lose.

You don't know what you are talking about in this case. If we want advice on how to get "Big Gunz", we will ask you, OK?

I am on average consuming 135 grams of protein. I have been staying around 1100-1300 calories per day. There are days when I consume more fat and less protein but what I have stated is pretty much the average. i am asking for any suggestions so PLEASE tell me what you would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Gorbag, please refrain from extrapolating what works for your extremely lean, never has been overweight or metabolically dysfunctional body building fanatic's body to that which is best for a person who is diabetic and has significant weight to lose.

You don't know what you are talking about in this case. If we want advice on how to get "Big Gunz", we will ask you, OK?
    What are you trying to say here Paleobird, that laws of physic's does not have relevance to diabetics? If an active person that lifts and consume max 75 grams of carbs per day does not lose weight, then I can tell for sure that this person is overeating fat! Unless that person is eating also an extremely high amount of protein, which I find very, very, unlikely! Got it Paleobird?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    I am on average consuming 135 grams of protein. I have been staying around 1100-1300 calories per day. There are days when I consume more fat and less protein but what I have stated is pretty much the average. i am asking for any suggestions so PLEASE tell me what you would suggest.
    135 grams of protein gives around 400 calories after subtracting the thermogenic effect(30%), from the carbs you can subtract 10% and we have 270 calories and the 315 from fat = 985 effective calories. Thats very little unless you are a 60 pound dwarf, so something is wrong in your setup...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast