Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page 9

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    Just by upping my carbs and calories last evening I was down one pound this morning.
    It's likely that 1lb was mostly water. But it's a start!

Do you monitor your blood sugars every day?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I decided last evening to try and up my carbs and calories (It was not 2000 calories though). How and what do you eat to get 2000 calories ingested in one sitting?? Just by upping my carbs and calories last evening I was down one pound this morning. Would you suggest I try to consume a larger evening meal again tonight (try to hit that 2000 calorie mark)??
    I was saying that I have been weighing everything and have been off a few times of what I thought I was consuming to what it actually was. But for the most part I have been almost right on my serving sizes.
    Yes, one large meal consisting of 2000 calories as described in my postings above, or wait until tomorrow, so eat your normal diet in the beginning of the day and finish with the large meal in the late afternoon, around 6 - 7 PM would be perfect. When eating try to relax, enjoy yourself and have some fun! Make sure that you weigh yourself in the early morning on wakeup the same day as your meal and on wakeup the day after...

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    It's likely that 1lb was mostly water. But it's a start!

Do you monitor your blood sugars every day?
    Yes I actually have a continuous glucose monitor that I LOVE!! I still verify my readings at least twice daily with my regular monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yes, one large meal consisting of 2000 calories as described in my postings above, or wait until tomorrow, so eat your normal diet in the beginning of the day and finish with the large meal in the late afternoon, around 6 - 7 PM would be perfect. When eating try to relax, enjoy yourself and have some fun! Make sure that you weigh yourself in the early morning on wakeup the same day as your meal and on wakeup the day after...
    This may be a silly question but do I stay primal while trying to consume 2000 calories?? You say to make it high carb.......it is very difficult to go high carb primally.
    Thank you!!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Sorry, I did not understand you completely here... What I recommend to rule out stress induced water-edema is to eat a large meal at late afternoon/night; 2000 calories (high carbs, moderate protein and low/moderate fat) yes I know that's A LOT for a 138 pound female! You can also take some alcohol, like a couple of Tequila or vodka shots, since it may help to get out water-weight. If you lose lots of weight through the following night, at least 2-3 pound, (you’ll be peeing your weight off!) then you should take a break from dieting; 10 - 14 days to restore hormones and to get rid of more water weight...
    Oh great! The same guy who thinks diet soda is a health food is now recommending booze.

I thought this was a Primal forum. Must have been mistaken.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Yes I actually have a continuous glucose monitor that I LOVE!! I still verify my readings at least twice daily with my regular monitor.
    I want one of those soooo bad!!! Good for you! Whatever the next step you take to tweak things at least you will see how it affects you blood sugars.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    This thread has become a farce... I suspect LOLZ. Purpose is... to yank PaleoBird's chain?
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    I didn't stop drinking a gallon of water and started adding salt when I added carbs in.

I understand that drinking too much water and not having enough salt can cause water retention but that is irrelevant in this situation. Like I said neither my water or salt intake changed when I added carbs in.
    When you are VLC your body tends to pass more salt, which could cause a problem if you are drinking far more water than you need or avoiding salt, or both. Adding back carbs remedied the situation.

Correlation is not causation.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    When you are VLC your body tends to pass more salt, which could cause a problem if you are drinking far more water than you need or avoiding salt, or both. Adding back carbs remedied the situation.

Correlation is not causation.
    Looking back on my tracking site my sodium has been low!! I drink a lot of water as well. I will keep my eye on that and make sure my sodium levels are up a bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oh great! The same guy who thinks diet soda is a health food is now recommending booze.

I thought this was a Primal forum. Must have been mistaken.
    Does he choose to keep diet soda in his diet or does he truly claim that it is a health food??
    I have heard that alcohol puts your muscles in a catabolic state so i have chosen to eliminate alcohol from my diet.....although a paleo margarita sounds dangerously good!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast