Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page 7

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Look, I'm not trying to start the carb wars in this thread but I retained more water VLC and low carb. Not everyone is the same. I added more carbs back in and dialed the fat back some and lost the excess water weight I was carrying.

Jewelbug needs to experiment for herself and see what works for her.

OldSchhool is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    Look, I'm not trying to start the carb wars in this thread but I retained more water VLC and low carb. Not everyone is the same. I added more carbs back in and dialed the fat back some and lost the excess water weight I was carrying.

Jewelbug needs to experiment for herself and see what works for her.
    Cutting carbs is a way to deplete water retention, this is why bodybuilders do it coming up to a competition. If you were holding water then I'd say it was down to your sodium levels or lack of drinking enough water.

No neither... I was quite orthorexic about salt intake and drank a gallon of water a day then. But one day of eating more carbs and it was gone.

Like I said, it doesn't always work the same for everyone.

Sometimes the body can retain fluids from stress and *for me* it was stressful.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Cutting carbs is a way to deplete water retention, this is why bodybuilders do it coming up to a competition. If you were holding water then I'd say it was down to your sodium levels or lack of drinking enough water.
    When staying on whatever diet most people will accumulate water edema in various degree sooner or later, but it is correct that going from high carbs to low carbs flush out lots of water when starting low carb dieting. The method to get rid of water edema after dieting for a longer time is to eat more calories and get more carbs, one big meal at night can be enough and you wake up much lighter the next day after peeing most of the night...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    When staying on whatever diet most people will accumulate water edema in various degree sooner or later, but it is correct that going from high carbs to low carbs flush out lots of water when starting low carb dieting. The method to get rid of water edema after dieting for a longer time is to eat more calories and get more carbs, one big meal at night can be enough and you wake up much lighter the next day after peeing most of the night...
    For your non-diabetic, never been overweight, highly muscular and lean male body with a well running metabolism, yes this may be true.

Why do you not get it that for someone who was seriously overweight but now still has some to lose who is also female and taking medication for diabetes, things are different? Why is this such a difficult concept? She is different than you so the solution to her problem is different too.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    For your non-diabetic, never been overweight, highly muscular and lean male body with a well running metabolism, yes this may be true.

Why do you not get it that for someone who was seriously overweight but now still has some to lose who is also female and taking medication for diabetes, things are different? Why is this such a difficult concept? She is different than you so the solution to her problem is different too.
    Your ridiculous ad hominem does not surprise me much anymore Paleobird! Because that I am relative lean and male then I cannot have no idea of what might work for a woman with diabetes, that makes so perfectly sense inside your petty narrow-minded worldview, that it almost deserves to be true! Wakeup call; also diabetic and former obese woman can get water accumulation due to stress of dieting and can get rid of it in the way I am saying. In the case of the OP, I am not saying that this is the actual reason behind her weight stall though; she should take a checkup of amount of fat in diet and/or measuring procedures…

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    No neither... I was quite orthorexic about salt intake and drank a gallon of water a day then. But one day of eating more carbs and it was gone.
    Drinking a gallon of water a day was part of the problem. In what way would you consider your salt intake "orthorexic"?

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Drinking a gallon of water a day was part of the problem. In what way would you consider your salt intake "orthorexic"?
    I continued to drink a gallon a day until about 2 months or so ago. So that didn't effect to water weight I lost when I added carbs back in.

I avoided salt like the plague. I checked sodium on everything that had a label or I could look up on myfitnesspal. I never added salt to my food. I would refuse to go out to eat sometimes because restaurants tend to over salt simple steak and veggies meal. Ultimately, I was just afraid of excess sodium causing water retention.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Your ridiculous ad hominem does not surprise me much anymore Paleobird! Because that I am relative lean and male then I cannot have no idea of what might work for a woman with diabetes, that makes so perfectly sense inside your petty narrow-minded worldview, that it almost deserves to be true! Wakeup call; also diabetic and former obese woman can get water accumulation due to stress of dieting and can get rid of it in the way I am saying. In the case of the OP, I am not saying that this is the actual reason behind her weight stall though; she should take a checkup of amount of fat in diet and/or measuring procedures…
    Look at you, all grown up and using latin terms. Please look up "ad hominem" before accusing me of this fallacy while calling me "petty and narrow minded".

Also I totally agree with you that stress could be playing a role here. How to get rid of this is to get rid of the stress. This does not have anything to do with macros.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast