Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page 5

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gorbag

I am just trying to reach out in this forum for advice!! Thank you to all who are actually here to support and encourage one another!!
    Thats a good point that you bring up about maybe i am consuming more than i think..... I am weighing everything now and so far have been extremely close to what I thought it was!!
    Think about the way you approach topics......I am willing to listen to all advice. If I thought I was perfect I wouldn't be asking!!

Quote Originally Posted by pollo_la View Post
    Just a thought, try varying your calories a bit. Maybe 1100 one day, and 1400 the next, then maybe 1000, and then 1500. Also, do you tend to eat the same foods over and over again? If you do, sometimes that can cause your weight loss to stall. Try out some new foods and see what happens.
    I will try that!! Would you think it would be better to increase the calories in fat, carbs, or protein??

Quote Originally Posted by pollo_la View Post
    Just a thought, try varying your calories a bit. Maybe 1100 one day, and 1400 the next, then maybe 1000, and then 1500. Also, do you tend to eat the same foods over and over again? If you do, sometimes that can cause your weight loss to stall. Try out some new foods and see what happens.
    Thank you!! I plan on switching up my calories!! I have to admit that I get stuck in a rut at times and eat the same things. I have a tin of cookbooks so I need to get them out and switch it up!! What is your favorite breakfast lunch and dinner??

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Very cool.

There have been several posters over the years here who have gotten their diabetes under control and some have completely reversed their diagnosis.

Some that spring to mind that you might try finding in the archives are Griff, TAWFunGuy, and Tormag.
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by kiks View Post
    Considering you lift weights as you mentioned in another message, I think your current weight of 138 for a 5'3 frame is in good proportion....ok, you have 28% body fat, why is this a bad thing?

Taking into consideration your diabetic history, i'm sure this definitely affects your metabolic rate. Perhaps your body is using up your muscle and not your fat during metabolism?
    What body fat are you aiming for? And why?
    I am aiming for a body % fat of 22. I really don't have a specific reason. I feel that maybe I would for the first time be content with my body!!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    I measure more with cups, tablespoons, etc. I log everything that I eat on myfitnesspal.com. I did purchase a digital scale the other day to double check what I am eating is how much I am logging. as for my typical day:

breakfast: fruit/veg smoothie with protein powder or omelet loaded with spinach and other veggies
    Lunch: salad with chicken breast, strawberries, bluberries, and almonds
    Dinner: ground turkey and veggies or chicken breast
    Snacks: broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries, blueberries
    I use coconut oil or olive oil with my veggies
    On occasion I may have an apple with almond butter
    Seems like alot of fruit. Try cutting back on fruit and adding more fat, meat and veggies. Have you done something like a The 21-Day Sugar Detox | Bust sugar & carb cravings naturally.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    I haven't been on this forum for long, but one common trend I notice is that this user paleobird chimes in on almost every thread, and ALWAYS seems to have a problem with someone. FFS I'm getting sick of her. I need to find a way to block or hide her posts.
    You go up to the top of the page and click on "Forum Actions" then "General Settings". Over at the left there will be a list which includes "edit ignore list".

Just trying to be helpful.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 06-12-2013 at 11:41 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    Thank you!!
    You're welcome. I remember TawFunGuy included video clips in his journal and there was one brought tears to my eyes where he was standing in front of the VA hospital where he had just come from completely confounding the doctors who had told him that diabetes was a lifelong disease and to get used to it. They could find no evidence of diabetes at all any more. TFG was bouncing up and down. It was amazing to see the transformation in him.

terijr is offline Member
    Hi I'm brand new here. I have just started the Paleo/Primal way for the past few months. I'm Type 2 diabetic and obese. I have started eating 50 carb a day this week and the scale is just not budging. How did you lose 60 lbs in 52 days?

Oops I don't think I posted in the right area. Jewelbug or carbdodger said they lost 60 lbs in 52 day. I was just curious.
    Last edited by terijr; 06-13-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Aili is offline Senior Member

AI appreciate Paleobird's contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You go up to the top of the page and click on "Forum Actions" then "General Settings". Over at the left there will be a list which includes "edit ignore list".

Just trying to be helpful.
    When I see you (Paleobird)responding to a post, I get interested because you have helped me in the past and have so much to offer. I'm interested in your take on topics. I am glad you don't get bent out of shape by someone's opinion and I hope you keep doing what you do

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast