Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page 4

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    I have in fact been able to stop taking all fast acting insulin and down to only 8 units of Lantus!!
    First off... That's flipping awesome!!!

Back years ago when I lost weight, I would lose 3-5 lbs and stay that way for a while and then lose another 3-5 lbs. I ended up losing around 30 lbs over the course of 2 years. From 165 to 132. How long has it been since you last lost any?

Would there be a way for you to have a day with a few more calories without having blood sugar issues? You may have come to a point to where you body needs a little tricking. Your body is probably used to running on 1100-1300 calories a day and has down regulated to that.

It's great that you have alot of energy and you said thyroid was normal. Most doctors only look at TSH. Free T3 and Free T4 are what needs to be looked at to determine if there is a thyroid problem. As long as you aren't shedding lots of hair, no fatigue, cold hands and feet, then you can count out thyroid.

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    CarbDodger you are so sweet!! We are making a difference in our health!! Thank you for all the encouragement!!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My point is that you jump to the conclusion "they must be eating too much fat" before even knowing how much they are eating overall or any other stats like height.

And diabetic people have hormonal and metabolic issues that make the simplistic CICO model pretty useless for them. Until you take a course in endocrinology or experience diabetes yourself please refrain from shoving your experience down other peoples very different throats.

Carbdodger, otoh, knows what she is talking about.
    Diabetic, hormonal disorder or whatever - a person that is very active and lift heavy and eat less than 75 gram of carbs per day will lose weight for sure! Unless that person is overeating fat, is a dwarf, or is measuring wrong! Other options are extremely unlikely...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Diabetic, hormonal disorder or whatever - a person that is very active and lift heavy and eat less than 75 gram of carbs per day will lose weight for sure! Unless that person is overeating fat, is a dwarf, or is measuring wrong! Other options are extremely unlikely...
    Just because you don't understand the other options doesn't make them unlikely. Go have a diet soda and pump some iron. If you haven't noticed, the folks here with diabetes are totally ignoring you.

pollo_la is offline Member
    Just a thought, try varying your calories a bit. Maybe 1100 one day, and 1400 the next, then maybe 1000, and then 1500. Also, do you tend to eat the same foods over and over again? If you do, sometimes that can cause your weight loss to stall. Try out some new foods and see what happens.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Just because you don't understand the other options doesn't make them unlikely. Go have a diet soda and pump some iron. If you haven't noticed, the folks here with diabetes are totally ignoring you.
    Very well then, people can believe whatever they want, and you can continue to post your old wife's tales for another 10,000 postings! Hmmm, who is next out here, maybe ecatherine with her fantasy about how she gained weight on an 800 calorie diet?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Very well then, people can believe whatever they want, and you can continue to post your old wife's tales for another 10,000 postings! Hmmm, who is next out here, maybe ecatherine with her fantasy about how she gained weight on an 800 calorie diet?
    You live in a fantasy world where you imagine that everything you don't understand is a lie somebody made up, Gorebug.

The issue is people trying to suppress data that disagrees with their foregone conclusions. It is what has held back science. How much do they pay you to post nonsense supporting CW?

kiks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    I am listening so please help me!! I am a 37 year old female with diabetes. I currently weigh 138 pounds and am 28% body fat!! I have been on every kind of "diet" for most if my life!! I am sure that has impacted my metabolism.

The last year has been a turning point and I know that PB is the way for me!!

Please tell me what I can do differently. Thank you!!
    Considering you lift weights as you mentioned in another message, I think your current weight of 138 for a 5'3 frame is in good proportion....ok, you have 28% body fat, why is this a bad thing?

Taking into consideration your diabetic history, i'm sure this definitely affects your metabolic rate. Perhaps your body is using up your muscle and not your fat during metabolism?
    What body fat are you aiming for? And why?

moonpie is offline Junior Member
    I haven't been on this forum for long, but one common trend I notice is that this user paleobird chimes in on almost every thread, and ALWAYS seems to have a problem with someone. FFS I'm getting sick of her. I need to find a way to block or hide her posts.

To the OP. good luck in reversing your diabetes

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    Brooksam thanks!!!
    I lost 65 pounds in 6 months!! I haven't lost any weight in the last 6 months!! Ugh!! I have lost body % fat......only 5%. Its slowed down soo much that I get frustrated!! I have a desk job and Feel that it has slowed me down!! I have to fit in the majority of my being active around my work hours!! I take a walk break at least 4 times a day. I approached my boss about a tread desk but he said no!! I even offered to buy it!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast