Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page 3

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I measure more with cups, tablespoons, etc. I log everything that I eat on myfitnesspal.com. I did purchase a digital scale the other day to double check what I am eating is how much I am logging. as for my typical day:

breakfast: fruit/veg smoothie with protein powder or omelet loaded with spinach and other veggies
    Lunch: salad with chicken breast, strawberries, bluberries, and almonds
    Dinner: ground turkey and veggies or chicken breast
    Snacks: broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries, blueberries
    I use coconut oil or olive oil with my veggies
    On occasion I may have an apple with almond butter

Thank you soo much for the encouraging words. I have in fact been able to stop taking all fast acting insulin and down to only 8 units of Lantus!! What you are saying makes a ton of sense. I purchased a digital food scale so I am going to make sure what i am consuming is accurate.

You have had great results in a short amount of time. Great job to you!!

5' 3"

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    the food looks OK but its hard to tell without amounts
    what MOBY classification are you
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    I'm strange too - I don't even get a number!
    You might be a 1 1/2 also!!

Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    Thank you soo much for the encouraging words. I have in fact been able to stop taking all fast acting insulin and down to only 8 units of Lantus!! What you are saying makes a ton of sense. I purchased a digital food scale so I am going to make sure what i am consuming is accurate.

You have had great results in a short amount of time. Great job to you!!
    Bloody well done!!! you are selling yourself way short- thats a massive success. I'm sure the rest will follow - I think you're a bit like me- its working so well that I find myself impatient
    I am well impressed with you young lady
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    You might be a 1 1/2 also!!
    nope I'll have to remain numberless -all my test were normal. I've had pancreatic diabetes since I was 8 but didnt get stuck in type 2 expression until I had an operation 10 years ago to help the pancreatitis which went very badly wrong, nearly killed me and destroyed a large chunk of the beta cells I had. I'm lumped in with the alcoholic diabetics

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    What are you trying to say here Paleobird, that laws of physic's does not have relevance to diabetics? If an active person that lifts and consume max 75 grams of carbs per day does not lose weight, then I can tell for sure that this person is overeating fat! Unless that person is eating also an extremely high amount of protein, which I find very, very, unlikely! Got it Paleobird?
    My point is that you jump to the conclusion "they must be eating too much fat" before even knowing how much they are eating overall or any other stats like height.

And diabetic people have hormonal and metabolic issues that make the simplistic CICO model pretty useless for them. Until you take a course in endocrinology or experience diabetes yourself please refrain from shoving your experience down other peoples very different throats.

Carbdodger, otoh, knows what she is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

And diabetic people have hormonal and metabolic issues that make the simplistic CICO model pretty useless for them.
    Truly there isn't a 1 size fits all when it comes to metabolic problems.
    As a diabetic I just didn't have access to the information I needed-it was buried under too many carbs
    But this is 2 of us now who've done real life changing things with primal and losing the fats only the visible part of it.
    This lady's reduction in her insulin is incredible and the improvement of her blood sugar like mine is the gain in real terms.
    Its really exciting- I feel as good about jewelbug as I do about myself...its so cool

Paleobird Guest
    Very cool.

There have been several posters over the years here who have gotten their diabetes under control and some have completely reversed their diagnosis.

Some that spring to mind that you might try finding in the archives are Griff, TAWFunGuy, and Tormag.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast