Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page 2

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Do you eat 1100-1300 calories everyday? Do you feel low energy?
    Have you had your thyroid checked?

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    I am listening so please help me!! I am a 37 year old female with diabetes. I currently weigh 138 pounds and am 28% body fat!! I have been on every kind of "diet" for most if my life!! I am sure that has impacted my metabolism.

The last year has been a turning point and I know that PB is the way for me!!

Please tell me what I can do differently. Thank you!!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    What exactly do you eat in a typical day? Have you checked that you measure everything correctly and using "kilogram" as a measuring unit?

138lbs, how tall are you?

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    I'm following the principles of the Newcastle University reversing diabetes 800 calorie diet but am using primal foods rather than their regime of 3 shake drinks and a vegetarian meal. My blood sugar's nearly normal but I need to lose another 40-50lbs so I'm not there yet; but I know I will be
    there's a couple of things that could be going on with you that it worth being aware of if you aren't already; Carbs Protein and insulin.
    Your carb level is great but-
    Protein-you need about 2.3 g protein/kg bodyweight (or about 1 g protein/lb bodyweight). Much more over that and the excess behaves as a carb
    Insulin- the insulin you take reduces your blood sugar by pushing the glucose into the cells and this happens with carbs and excess protein. Insulin is a bitch for weight loss - you've done incredibly well to be losing on it- so a big well done first off.

I'd suggest looking over your average protein intake if its much more than you require trim it back a touch.

If you're not far off the mark, it might simply be time to talk to your health care provider about reducing your insulin. this need only be a tiny cut and might only be a reduction in the correction factor (if you have one) but it needs to supervised- don't do it yourself.
    Metformin is the only one of the anti-diabetic meds that doesnt cause weight gain so its worth trying the max 1g 3x a day if you aren't on it yet.
    if you're concerned its too soon to reduce insulin yet then at your next assessment let them know your interested and keep on what your doing. It might be slow but it will pay off

When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Type 2 diabetic? I am type 1.

Yes on average I eat around 110-1300 calories/day. I have great energy......more than I have had in a long time. Yes i thought of my thyroid too and it is functioning normally.

I am a strange one........type 1 1/2. Have you ever heard of MODY (mature onset diabetes of youth)? Uncommon!!

Please keep in mind you are an insulin taking diabetic, most others posting here aren't - your game is different and you're eating to your meter and that's your best friend
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    I am a strange one........type 1 1/2. Have you ever heard of MODY (mature onset diabetes of youth)? Uncommon!!
    I'm strange too - I don't even get a number!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast