Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: why am i not losing???? page 10

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelbug28 View Post
    Does he choose to keep diet soda in his diet or does he truly claim that it is a health food??
    I have heard that alcohol puts your muscles in a catabolic state so i have chosen to eliminate alcohol from my diet.....although a paleo margarita sounds dangerously good!!
    He had a whole thread dedicated to how great diet soda is. Pick your information sources carefully around here.

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    He had a whole thread dedicated to how great diet soda is. Pick your information sources carefully around here.
    I use my own judgement and if something sounded crazy I would research it!!
    What he is telling me about increasing my carbs seems worth a try!!
    It seems that you two must have history.

Paleobird Guest
    I use my own judgement and if something sounded crazy I would research it!!
    What he is telling me about increasing my carbs seems worth a try!!
    It seems that you two must have history.
    It may very well be worth a try. That is up to you.

I eat a VLC diet which works for my health status. But I don't automatically try to push it on everyone who posts here with whatever health concern. In fact I steer many people away from it.

Gorbag is a body builder and pushes his ultra low fat/high carb agenda on people with everything from a hangnail to cancer. Plus advocating diet soda and booze

I know you will make an intelligent decision and one that is right for you. I wish you well in doing that.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    This may be a silly question but do I stay primal while trying to consume 2000 calories?? You say to make it high carb.......it is very difficult to go high carb primally.
    Thank you!!
    Make it as high carbs as you can safely do due to your condition as a diabetic, primal carbs such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, bananas, a piece of cake or even two(put it on your 20% budget, remember this is one meal only!) Get at least 1000 calories from carbs, even some non-primal carbs! OK, the possible outcome of this experiment, the following can happen; you lose lots of weight, then take a vacation from dieting – or you gain water-weight! In case of the latter the problem is pretty sure related to excess “hidden” fat in your diet and/or wrong measuring of food/calories. If you gain weight overnight, then don’t worry because almost nothing will be fat, it’s just water weight…

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Gorbag is a body builder and pushes his ultra low fat/high carb agenda on people with everything from a hangnail to cancer. Plus advocating diet soda and booze
    Wrong as usual! Gorbag is NOT a bodybuilder, Paleobird is the bodybuilder - or at least the person that claim that she has competed in bodybuilding, I have no such merits...

jewelbug28 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Make it as high carbs as you can safely do due to your condition as a diabetic, primal carbs such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, bananas, a piece of cake or even two(put it on your 20% budget, remember this is one meal only!) Get at least 1000 calories from carbs, even some non-primal carbs! OK, the possible outcome of this experiment, the following can happen; you lose lots of weight, then take a vacation from dieting – or you gain water-weight! In case of the latter the problem is pretty sure related to excess “hidden” fat in your diet and/or wrong measuring of food/calories. If you gain weight overnight, then don’t worry because almost nothing will be fat, it’s just water weight…
    Well I will let you know how it turns out!! thank you for the advice!! Once I get back on the losing train I would like some advice on how to increase muscle mass!!!

Well I will let you know how it turns out!! thank you for the advice!! Once I get back on the losing train I would like some advice on how to increase muscle mass!!!
    Well, Paleobird is the self-proclaimed former "body builder" here, so maybe you'll better ask her? Good luck anyway...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Wrong as usual! Gorbag is NOT a bodybuilder, Paleobird is the bodybuilder - or at least the person that claim that she has competed in bodybuilding, I have no such merits...
    I did do bodybuilding but that was thirty years ago. It is also how I know that the ultra low fat/high carb bodybuilding diet is very detrimental to health in the long run. (Not to mention boring as all heck.) Gorbag is the one who starts threads about showing your "gunz".

But seriously this squabbling is not helping the OP any. Best of luck to you.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    ...although a paleo margarita sounds dangerously good!!
    Last time I had a margarita, I was like, how could I ever have drunk anything so sweet?

Techie is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Post your myfitnesspal profile and set it to public,

We can then tell you 50 different anecdotal ways in why your plan is not working and why our (insert personal story here) plan is better

Excuse me for any typos and sarcastic remarks, sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast