Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to deal with "non believers"? page

Kj94 is offline Junior Member

How to deal with "non believers"?

Shop Now
    Okay sooo, im majoring in nutrition, going on to my second year and my friend graduated as a dietary tech. Well of course were taught about the "correct" form of nutrition and balanced diet and since doing my own personal research as well as seeing success stories and so on, I know that grains and legumes are not all that great foe you and aren't a necessity. A coworker of mine wanted to know how she could lose weight faster before a wedding and I told her that cutting those things out and processed foods would help her do so and well my tech. friend jumped down my throat telling me to NEVER tell anyone to cut out a major food group and saying I should know better from what i was taught.. sooo just wondering, how do you all deal with people like this?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Cursing, spitting, histrionics, threats of physical violence, raising my voice, hyperbole, and rhetorical questions.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Cursing, spitting, histrionics, threats of physical violence, raising my voice, hyperbole, and rhetorical questions.
    ^This. Or I make a note of it and when I hear her espousing the need for 'meatless Mondays' or meatless days in general smack her down with her own words.

If that fails I would smile and say something like, "Thank you <insert friends name>. You know I value your opinion as much as I value our friendship." Then let her wonder how much that is.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    ^This. Or I make a note of it and when I hear her espousing the need for 'meatless Mondays' or meatless days in general smack her down with her own words.

If that fails I would smile and say something like, "Thank you <insert friends name>. You know I value your opinion as much as I value our friendship." Then let her wonder how much that is.
    These are two of the smartest guys I know.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    My first instinct is to kill and eat them but then I realize that they are all grain fed.

But other than that, I try to give them a direction to do their own research. Tell them to check out sites like this one, Weston Price foundation, etc. I know that Weston Price is not always primal but it is whole, non-process food based.

Oddly enough, I have more luck with older people than younger people. Older people, when asked, will still remember the days when obesity was rare, as was cancer and heart disease. I can then get them to make the connection, at least, to the lower incidents of these things and non-processed foods that were more common back then.

Younger people, say born late 60s, and on, are more difficult. They grew up with CW being crammed down their throats and are pretty well brainwashed.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    You really should make an effort to get to know more people.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    You could direct her to the "Before and After Pics" thread here.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I don't deal with them, they deal with me.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    How smart can I be? I forgot namecalling.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kj94 View Post
    friend jumped down my throat telling me to NEVER tell anyone to cut out a major food group and saying I should know better from what i was taught.
    Does this friend of yours jump all over vegetarians, vegans, raw vegans, or fruitarians over the diets they have chosen that eliminate major food groups? Does your friend tell people who strive for a fat-free low-protein extra-high carb existence that they should not be giving up fat?

I would guess not. Then why the double standard when it comes to this diet?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast