Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to deal with "non believers"?

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    I was disappointed to hear her mention she was gonna go on the Cabbage Soup diet.
    I could never give up grains! I could however eat just one type of food per day, no prob.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Soooo... anybody got any advice on how to best give out free samples of bacon at the local Temple/Mosque?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I could never give up grains! I could however eat just one type of food per day, no prob.
    I think it's the temporary nature of it that appeals to people--sure you have to suffer for a week, but afterwards you can reward yourself with ice cream if you want. Hell, back before I knew better, I suffered through it a lot--seemed to work for awhile, but eventually stopped, so I stopped doing it. Now I realize how bad it is--for most days, you're basically eating almost nothing but carbs and not nearly enough calories to sustain yourself.

Just ask her why grains are vital? She should have no reason because there is none. It can be replaced by a lot of other more nutrient dense foods even in the same high carb category. Pretty simple really..unless grains have some crucial vitamin or mineral I don't know about . People who follow the pyramid are tools who can't think basics for themselves.

Response to friend: Processed food is not a food group.

As for whole grains you might argue they are are a food group for rodents and birds as humans are unable to eat them raw.

Learn More
    I need a button in my browser to zap these trollbots.