Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grok was no skinny b*tch page

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

Talking grok was no skinny b*tch

Primal Fuel
    I passed by the "skinny bitch" series at the bookstore, was curious and browsed through it. In one chapter they were discussing how raw fruits are so good for you (i am not denying that, read on). They are described as happy little nutritional packets of awesomeness full of vitamins, minerals, water, nutrients, phytonutrients, antioxidants & enzymes. But then they suggest that you eat fruit alone, without anything else b/c if you don't the enzymes in the fruit won't be able to help us digest the fruit sugars and they will then putrify in our systems & create toxins. The best part was the following recommendation for regular "purifying" enemas.

uh...can you imagine the petrogylphs of THAT?!! hahahaha I think my system is doing FINE removing the needed toxins from my system as a PB subscriber. I sincerely doubt Grok was out there flushing his colon.

gross.

missnat is offline Junior Member
    I totally agree, what rubbish the book should be called "miserable bitch"! well I would be if I had to eat vegan fake meat.

Lol, no doubt! I never really understood why someone would want to be called a b*tch anyway, be it fat or skinny!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I made the mistake of picking one of those books up, and leafing through it. Their "skinny bastard" book had a unique rhetorical style- insult the manhood of anyone who won't go vegan. i.e." You're not a real man, and you're going to die fat, ugly, and smelly if you don't do was we say, and we're hot women, so we know." Sprinkled with an assortment of the usual vegan propaganda, and untruths. I read a funny review of it online which contrasted the rhetoric being used in the book with the sorts of things the "pro-ana" folks use, and say. (pro-anorexia.) The obsession with "toxins", "detox", fasting, enemas, "cleanses", and so on, is one of my first warning bells when it comes to nutritional quackery.

Those skinny bitches don't know shit.

(I already done went down their vegan rabbit hole, and it sucked.)

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Also, the authors seem pretty unpleasant.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    For those that don't want to be called bitch, they can take up the 'kind' diet. *your eyes are so bright!* . Yes, Alicia Silverstone, I am laughing at you.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I have read it, and saw it for what it was: a weird, somewhat abusive, vegan indoctrination tool. Anything that recommends that amount of processed soy "meat" products is completely (soy) nuts!

I think the title is supposed to connote the jealous remarks of the populace after you switch to their meat-free religion. These ladies appear to confuse "telling it like it is" and "not sugarcoating the issue" with "using a lot of profanity." I just assumed that having to eat soy cheese was making them cranky.

etomaria is offline Member
    Me neither!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    I like to think both that a grokette (or grok) would not be caught dead doing such things and that the grokettes would not be "skinny" either. They would have healthy, muscular bodies with enough fat to properly bear and care for children. Fuck heroin chic skinny.
    Last edited by Funkadelic Flash; 05-20-2010 at 10:46 AM.

etomaria is offline Member
    (aprilleigh)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast